Smashbox Slideshow shadow & liner compact...

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

R

RedT

Guest Shopper
Is selling for the 'super bargain' price of £28.88 plus P&P on QVC today. I just got one on a well known auction website (hehe) for £12.50 plus £1.75 P&P. Wasn't going to get one on QVC coz I thought over £30 was extortionate but under £15 seems a lot more reasonable. Yay!

PS the seller has more available...search for Smashbox Instant Eyes instead of Slideshow...

Tx

I got mine to from *b** this morning too. It worked out less than half the qvc price including the postage. How can qvc be ripping us of this much???? The whole set - Glambox or something was only £32 from Jayne which included this, a lip pallet, blusher pallet and other bits!!

Is selling for the 'super bargain' price of £28.88 plus P&P on QVC today. I just got one on a well known auction website (hehe) for £12.50 plus £1.75 P&P. Wasn't going to get one on QVC coz I thought over £30 was extortionate but under £15 seems a lot more reasonable. Yay!

PS the seller has more available...search for Smashbox Instant Eyes instead of Slideshow...

Tx

Thank-you redt, I've just had a mooch and ordered it too which is great as I nearly put the £28.88 version on cheque-hold today. Bargain!
:hi:

Thank-you redt, I've just had a mooch and ordered it too which is great as I nearly put the £28.88 version on cheque-hold today. Bargain!
:hi:

Yay! I resisted until Nina put the colours on the back of her hand, the liners look divine! And at £15 it's a great deal for that much product. Not for over £30 though!!

Tx

RedT, I can't thank you enough. I've been humming and hawing about this for hours, but for less than half the money, I'm dithering no longer. Excellent.

You're allowed to buy this from the auction site. It sounds like a great bargain and the f.a.r.t.s are in favour of bargains. Well spotted. In fact I may take a look on there myself.

Last edited:
i just had a look on the *b** site, at l'occitane most was very expensive.

another thought crossed my mind, which i suppose could also be same for any shop or qvc, but how would we know if the products bought had been tampered with or not, eg saw a shea butter lip tube thing, now if i bought it how do i know the previous owner did not have a cold sore and so on iyswim

just call me paranoid

i just had a look on the *b** site, at l'occitane most was very expensive.

another thought crossed my mind, which i suppose could also be same for any shop or qvc, but how would we know if the products bought had been tampered with or not, eg saw a shea butter lip tube thing, now if i bought it how do i know the previous owner did not have a cold sore and so on iyswim

just call me paranoid

L'Occitane is never really cheap on *b**, sometimes you get bits from TSVs sold off at auction starting at 99p though. I have seen the shea butter body lotion in 500mls size at £12 which is cheap.

Well you read the feedback, look at the picture and read the description carefully. If they say tried it once etc then you know. I have never had a used product from *b** unless it has been stated. On US *b** it is illegal to sell used cosmetics but not here. The used item was an Armani eyeshadow which though stated as used looked brand new.

I always read the feedback the seller leaves for other people to try and get a feel for if they're a nice trustworthy person.

If they've sold lots of cosmetics and toiletries and had happy buyers then I think they probably sell good stuff (ie new, fresh, and not tampered with.)

I've only had one auction site disaster, but I knew I was taking a risk when I did it. (The seller had only 4 feedbacks!)

The other thing is if they've got a shop or something then it's probbaly not worth the hassle to risk a negative feedback for selling anything shonky.

I quite often buy products that QVC got me hooked on for a lot less money from a well known auction site.

Lots of people sell the bits from kits that they don't want, don't they?

The big thing with this palette is it actually was a kit sold in Sephora. Glambox something and had duo softlights, travel primer, mascara, lipgloss and something else I believe. The sold it for $40+ so how the hell can one part of the kit be sold for £28???? And that be called a bargin. By rights that eye palette should have been around £15 at most. I think the buyer at QVC has seriously been sniffing something. Or even worse QVC are taking the P out of their customers.

By the way any you see on *b** will be from the kits which have been broken up for sell.

JR was saying last night that the Slideshow set was something only made for QVC and not available anywhere else. I bought mine from a shop on *b** and there was more than just one. Perhaps I got what she said it wrong.

JR was saying last night that the Slideshow set was something only made for QVC and not available anywhere else. I bought mine from a shop on *b** and there was more than just one. Perhaps I got what she said it wrong.

No Calico, she did indeed say that......several times! :thinking2:
I didn't think that was the case though as I thought it was originally part of a kit, which is where the *b** sellers have presumably got theirs from & have split up to sell separately?

*Oh gawd, Donna's just said this in a post above, sorry!*
(Trundles off to get much needed coffee! lol)

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back