Tahitian Pearl NOT irradiated

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

TopazTrish

Registered Shopper
MEESHOO are you there?
Have you been tuned in to Gems? Further to your earlier post about Tahitian Pearl and treatments/irradiation I have just witnessed Rae state emphatically that TP from gems is totally natural, unheated, dyed or IRRADIATED.

I did not hear wrong and I'm sure there must be other viewers who also heard.
Wonder if the footage is going to be rewatched by any Gems staff and shouts of denial over this one after this mornings debacle about Santa Maria aquamarine ?

Rae says it regularly, and also that she has her own tp jewellry, so assume she should know. Id rather see sumthing in writing.

I'm going to write to Gems then and ask why their enhancement page clearly states that all their pearls are treated??????

Don't get me wrong, if their TPs are natural then that's brilliant BUT I have a huge amount of reservations.

Oh and Suzy, just because a presenter has Tahitian Pearls that doesn't mean anything I'm afraid. I want to see GemsTV state this in writing.

yes me too, thats what i meant when i said in writing. .. just didnt want to say i didnt believe her (if u get me). when its in writing u got sumthing to argue with when ur local jeweller tells u... its 'irridated'.

yes me too, thats what i meant when i said in writing. .. just didnt want to say i didnt believe her (if u get me). when its in writing u got sumthing to argue with when ur local jeweller tells u... its 'irridated'.

There's no way your average jeweller would be able to tell.

Does it affect the worth/value alot?

TBH i dont go in my jeweller in my town being as they have a nice sign on the door saying 'no pushchairs' ... shame cos i saw sumthing i really liked once and they lost the sale.

back to the original thread tho, I bet this point has been rasied many times and nothing altered. I searched and read a long tp thread from a while back and everybody wanting this matter made clearer and seems to me they dont want to address the issue.

You will see that I've asked the question on this forum tonight. Hopefully we'll get an answer.

for info: Rae has just this second stated they have tp as this eves choice and she said our tahitian pearls are 100percent natural.

FFS pearls ARE natural!!!! That doesn't mean they haven't been treated. This is either (a) presenters not understanding (b) an attempt to deceive (doubtful) or (c) they really are natural and untreated.

Please just wait for an answer - see my thread "Can Mr Richard Hughes clarify ...." I will believe what he says but until them I'm going to assume they are natural pearls that have been treated in some way as per the GemsTV enhancement page. Please don't misunderstand me ........... I own a fair few Tahitian Pearls from GemsTV and will be delighted if they are not treated but I'd rather know for definite.

In my heart of hearts I'm inclined to believe they believe the TPs are not irradiated, but don't understand the unwillingness to put this in writing, is it possible they are not 100% certain themselves?

Exact words spoken by Rae just now on this eves choice...

'NOT DYED, NOT COLOURED OR IRRADIATED IN ANY WAY'

Far as i know u cant state untruths in shopping telly.

Latest posts

Back