Returning stuff

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greenie

Addicted to bling
Sorry to bombard you with all these new threads, but having only joined yesterday, I've got all these questions to get off my chest!

I’ve been having a run of bad luck lately with my Gems orders and have had to send at least one thing back from each of my last 3 orders. I usually order as much as I can in one order to make the most of the delivery charge - one order had 7 items in it but I ended up returning 4 of them. I don’t like returning things because it means I’ve wasted £7 postage plus the cost of sending stuff back, and I don’t want to get a black mark against my name. I see that they say in their T&C that if you return too much, you’ll get struck off. How many times can you return stuff before you’re told you can’t order any more?

This is a mystery who knows? i think as long as you keep more than you send back you will be ok, i know i have returned endless amounts over the years (and i'm not the only one) especially when looking for the perfect Pariaba or Alexandrite!

Same here, I returned truckloads with no recourse, in fact it's one of the reasons I stopped buying, I got fed up of the endless trips to the PO and could probably have bought a high street Tanzanite with the cost of the return postage... :spider:

Luckily my P.O. is just down the road! I've sent back tons of stuff - today I returned 5 items and kept 2. Mrs Fussy Britches, that's me! :lolwave:

I've often wondered if I'd get banned for returning so much, but then I suppose Gems is more interested in how much you are spending rather the number of returns. I hope that's the way it works, otherwise I'm going to be on the hit list soon!

I'm sure I have returned significantly more than I've kept, in fact, with no hint of being "struck off"! But I have kept a lot (including a few fairly high-end pieces), so Gems must figure that my custom is worth having.

It's probably about whether you are "worth" the extra handling and messed up stock figures. xxx

I know that it's not as simple as you've returned X and kept Y. They do look at "you" in total i.e. what you spend, the amount you've kept, the amount you've returned, frequency of ordering etc. So there's no rule such as you've returned 5 out of 10 items in an order.

At the end of the day, they want to keep customers coming back. Trust me over the years I've spent more than I care to imagine with GemsTV but I've also sent back about 5 times that amount!!!

oh and dont forget, if u have several orders u can return them all together AS LONG AS they are all within 10 days. (each item must still be within the 10 days) so if u have consecutive orders it can save postage, just put all complete retrn slips in the parcel and note each order number on the parcel as stated on each retruns slip.

Last edited:
oh and dont forget, if u have several orders u can return them all together AS LONG AS they are all within 10 days. (each item must still be within the 10 days) so if u have consecutive orders it can save postage, just put all complete retrn slips in the parcel and note each order number on the parcel as stated on each retruns slip.

.......... but that won't stop you getting banned. It will only save on postage! :cash:

Latest posts

Back