Anyone seen Glen Campbell?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Nicky-j

Registered Shopper
Just turned on tv to see the Pre Season Autumn Fashion show to find Julia discussing styling with a bloke that is not Glen Campbell (although he seems to share his personal fashion sense - think jeans, a pully and a suit jacket!). I think he may be the man who used to come on with the Bob Mackie shows, but am not sure. Then it occurred to me that I haven't seen Glen for what seems like months! Has he left? Or has he just fallen into the temporary black hole that seems to consume QVC presenters from time to time?

JUST SEEN THE POST BY BORIS BEAR ABOUT THE FASHION THIS WEEK! SORRY, PLEASE IGNORE/DELETE, WHATEVER!

Glen's had a fall and hurt his back quite badly apparently. Julia said at the start - the bloke styling is Mr Haemmoroid Guy who guests with the Bob Mackie range, and later on in the week Genevieve from Casual and Co will be styling too.

Glen's had a fall and hurt his back quite badly apparently. Julia said at the start - the bloke styling is Mr Haemmoroid Guy who guests with the Bob Mackie range, and later on in the week Genevieve from Casual and Co will be styling too.

I like Genevieve but can't say I've taken to this fella.

Yep, same here. Don't mind him in comparison to GC, but he's terrible in the Bob Mackie hours, constantly wriggling on his chair - hence the Mr Haemmoroid title. Genevieve always seems lovely though - love her accent!

Definately overdone it with the Smashbox Brow Tech:grin:

I know Jonathan's sister and knew him when he was much younger (still at school) and those eyebrows are for real, no dye but perhaps tweezered! He was always a good looking lad but me thinks he may bat for the other side.:giggle:

I know Jonathan's sister and knew him when he was much younger (still at school) and those eyebrows are for real, no dye but perhaps tweezered! He was always a good looking lad but me thinks he may bat for the other side.:giggle:

FGS someone introduce him to Shavata. I don't care who he bats for as long as we win the Ashes :up2:

Linda

bats for the other side? NEVER :confused2:

so looby seeing as you have inside information, how does one become a fashion stylist on QVC? what's his background? ive always been of the opionion that most of the guests are either buyers or unemployed actors!

bats for the other side? NEVER :confused2:

so looby seeing as you have inside information, how does one become a fashion stylist on QVC? what's his background? ive always been of the opionion that most of the guests are either buyers or unemployed actors!

Hi Burlz, you're right, unemployed actor. Studied drama etc at 6th form college and then hit London town, the rest, as they say is history (or not:tongue2:). The same goes with Amy Garcier, who's family live near me, she did a fashion course in London but ultimately presented on loads of shopping channels, having said that she is a lovely girl, very much down to earth and has a great sense of style imo when not having to wear qvc fashion, nuff said. AND finally what do Glen, Amy and Jonathon have in common......they are all Yorkshire born and bred........:thinking2:

Hi Burlz, you're right, unemployed actor. Studied drama etc at 6th form college and then hit London town, the rest, as they say is history (or not:tongue2:). The same goes with Amy Garcier, who's family live near me, she did a fashion course in London but ultimately presented on loads of shopping channels, having said that she is a lovely girl, very much down to earth and has a great sense of style imo when not having to wear qvc fashion, nuff said. AND finally what do Glen, Amy and Jonathon have in common......they are all Yorkshire born and bred........:thinking2:

PS sorry definate bats for the other side, but depends what side you're on:giggle:

I thought he was ok myself. Better than Glen any day for my money. Mind you, he had a bit of trouble with that long mac thing with the drawstring collar bless him. I defy ANYONE to make that look wearable!!

I actually don't mind Glen - he seems like a nice enough bloke and I like his fashion advice/tips - even if they don't suit you personally, at least he gives you an idea what to pair different things with. :)

As much as I like Glen, I say keep Amy Garcia coming back! She was a real breath of fresh air and it was nice to see someone styling who seemed to know what looked good on themselves!
Apologies to the ganzy and brogues combination lovers out there!

I used to LOL at the 20 and 30 year old guys in the Kay's catalogue in old rancid looking Tootal cardies :giggle:

That reminds me of when I was in my early teens my mum went through a phase of knitting cardis for my dad and grandad, and the knitting patterns always sported rather "dandy" looking men posing in various styles of multi-colour cardigans, worn over shirt and kipper tie :puke:

Linda

Latest posts

Back