cheque hold?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

angiebabe1

Registered Shopper
I'm toying with the tsv but have never used cheque hold, do I go through the process as if I was buying but instead of card I select cheque? therefore unless I send a cheque I can't have the item? How long can I hold the item on cheque hold? If I decide I want it can I change my payment detail?
Thanks

Hi Angiebabe Yes go through as normal choose cheque. This will let you hold the item for 10 days. If you call CS within say 8 days they will extend it again for another 10 days so basically you can hold an item for 20 days. You can change the payment to CC payment too within those 10 days - just need to call CS. HTH xx

I have done the same. I have put the tsv on cheque hold - Can't decide if i need any more cutting tools :)

f.a.r.t.s gather momentum now...wavering on craft tools alert!!!!!!
wher are you all have you given up the quest to save us from useless tsv's.

You can also change the payment method through 'my account'. Just go into the order number and select 'change payment method'. I do it all the time! You can also email to cancel if you don't want to phone but they are always ok about it.

thanks girlies, I haven't got a large cutting mat and quite fancy the circle cutter, just want to see how much I get for the gold before I commit, lol
Does anyone know where to buy replacement blades for this particular set?

Good idea cheque hold, and I bet in a couple of days, you will have decided you can live with out it.

I have had THE letter re cheque hold. think I have had all the letters in their repertoire.

This one has threatened me with the dire punishment of being banned from ever shopping with QVC again if I dare to use the cheque hold facility, as I have had so many items on hold which I did not buy.

There are several reasons for this - 1) is just that I changed my mind, 2) and this is the main one, is that the reviews were so bad I did not want it any longer, and 3) just could not afford it. I usually cancel in good time but the last lot were never shown on the website.

Losing this facility has saved me enormous amounts of money and I think I might qualify as an auxiliary FART. However, when it comes to jewellery and the Laura Geller TSV, I may not have enough money on my card to purchase at the time so I do need the cheque hold. about to write to the CEO complaining about this. In addition, I am returning 50% of goods purchased, another sin,one out of two!

Really think I will have to take myself off to a corner without tv until I am forgiven.

f.a.r.t.s gather momentum now...wavering on craft tools alert!!!!!!
wher are you all have you given up the quest to save us from useless tsv's.

F.A.R.T. reporting for duty.

Do you already have these tools under another name?

Can you glean any feedback elsewhere from the web re price or usefulness. Would you use it?

Can you put it on checkhold until reviews are posted?

I have had THE letter re cheque hold. think I have had all the letters in their repertoire.

This one has threatened me with the dire punishment of being banned from ever shopping with QVC again if I dare to use the cheque hold facility, as I have had so many items on hold which I did not buy.

There are several reasons for this - 1) is just that I changed my mind, 2) and this is the main one, is that the reviews were so bad I did not want it any longer, and 3) just could not afford it. I usually cancel in good time but the last lot were never shown on the website.

Losing this facility has saved me enormous amounts of money and I think I might qualify as an auxiliary FART. However, when it comes to jewellery and the Laura Geller TSV, I may not have enough money on my card to purchase at the time so I do need the cheque hold. about to write to the CEO complaining about this. In addition, I am returning 50% of goods purchased, another sin,one out of two!

Really think I will have to take myself off to a corner without tv until I am forgiven.

ruthmay what percentage of the time do you cancel your chequehold items please :?: Just for reference you understand as I am guilty of cancelling chequehold goods on occassions

Hi all,

I have a problem with this whole cheque hold thing; this may be controversial but hey ho....

Fair enough some people may genuinely want to pay by cheque which is fair enough, however, there have been several items I have wanted that have sold out at a TSV price early (which I've missed as I'm at work early) and I haven't been able to get as people have had them on cheque hold deciding if they want it or not. This therefore means they only become available a day or so later at the full price if I don't order on waitlist, which I am reluctant to do in view of being subject to the recurrent "returns sent out as new" thing. This aside, I have on occasions gone on waitlist and checked the next day if any are available but this often proves extremely hit and miss depending on the time you look, which is sooooo annoying.

I can see both sides of this cheque hold thing, however if it's something you really want it really gets in your nerves!

Don't know what everyone else feels about this???

ruthmay what percentage of the time do you cancel your chequehold items please :?: Just for reference you understand as I am guilty of cancelling chequehold goods on occassions

hard to say, varies with the state of my finances and the reviews. 2 out of maybe.

I can see both sides of this cheque hold thing, however if it's something you really want it really gets in your nerves!

Don't know what everyone else feels about this???

Good point you make there BaxterBailey, though of course it wouldn't be such a problem if QVC were a little more trustworthy regarding sending out returns as new items! I'm sure this puts a lot of people off using the waitlist facility, which, if functioning correctly would enable some to get hold of items they missed out on initially as they become available due to cancellations!

I know with cheque hold you really need to phone up and ask them to cancel. Don't just ignore until it drops off the time limit. QVC do seem to get really P***ed over that.

I haven't use cheque hold for a few years. I did have to send cheques at the time as I had a Electron DD card and Q don't take it. Since my bank moved me to a normal DD card never used it.

Offend wonder why they never decided to take Paypal, so many online companies do now.

Latest posts

Back