QVC hiking prices!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

butterfly

Registered Shopper
Has anyone else noticed the way they put the prices up and down all the time.I have a list of desirables mainly rings etc that I would love but cannot afford at the time so check on now and again, was hopping mad to see a ring on my list that I have wanted for ages had leapt from £119 which it had been for ages to £192...item no 649738 and now a little while later it turns up in last clicks at £110.98?? what is going on. I also noticed a former TSV in Honora , a floating necklace which I got for £19.78 is now showing at introductory price of £31.86..item no 685413, this is of course a tiny example, QVC are taking the mickey, sure they can't even blame the dollar to pound either as that is picking up. They are taking us all for a long ride. But my biggest gripe is the ott postage charges often mentioned on here and the fact they must be the slowest online retailer to deliver by a mile.

moan over x

most of their jwels at 'last clicks' prices are higher than their original price. i tend to keep a record of the pieces i like, but not desperate to buy (if that's the rg word), and once they appear in the sales section i do a price check.

I noticed that the prices have soared recently too. I just think, thank goodness I bought the items that I liked when I did, as I don't think I could afford them now.

Yes i have. The loccitane perfumes have mostly rose to £28.50 including cherry blossom which i was going to buy. It was intro £22 then £24.50 nw its 28.50 so with p and p i mite as well buy it in store. Just means they will get less of our money. I am anoyed about this its quite unfair

OMG !!!!! on screen at the moment, Emu Stinger in sand colour £99.80 plus £5.95 postage, exact same boot in stock on Amazon £59.40 with free and always quick delievery ...grrrrrrrrr annoying thing is they are going limited stock, come on people shop around for your own sake.

I think they realise something's not selling, put the price up artificially sky high for however long they legally have to in order to be able to reduce it back down again claiming enormous savings to be had.

Grrrr. :angry:

Surely QVC would save shedloads if they stopped having models sitting around in beauty hours doing useless things like rubbing cream into their arms. The other day there was the presenter, the guest and a model. Rubbing cream into her arms...
Why? :thinking2:

I think they realise something's not selling, put the price up artificially sky high for however long they legally have to in order to be able to reduce it back down again claiming enormous savings to be had.

Grrrr. :angry:

I'm so impressed with your long list of item that you have resisted! Well done!!

Oh and don't forget the jewellery in Clearance which suddenly leapts back up to full price again. Then a month later goes back into Clearance again or sometimes not.

I'm so impressed with your long list of item that you have resisted! Well done!!

Thanks honey! :flower:

I'm just about managing the not buying (much ;)) but I fear the only way to avoid being tempted at all is not to watch and I'm not ready for that yet - not until after Harald Gloockler at least! :D

Oh and don't forget the jewellery in Clearance which suddenly leapts back up to full price again. Then a month later goes back into Clearance again or sometimes not.

Yes, I've noticed this too. I'm not sure what the legal requirements are for changing prices in this way but they do seem to go up down all the time,

I too have a list of things I'm keeping my eye on - all Michael Dawkins jewellery items which are all in a constant state of flux from Anniversary price to Last clicks to full price on what seems like a daily basis. It's crazy - perhaps they have some random price generator that they switch on every day.

Yesterday I wanted a product and found a double the size bottle for a price I couldn't afford. I went to look on eBay and found 2 of the half size item for the same price that QVC sell just one of the half size item. So I've ended up with the same volume of product for half the price, even including the P&P with same day despatch and next day delivery. QVC P&P is outrageous considering the poor level of service. I'm waiting weeks for deliveries and I'm really fed up with it. I hardly buy anything now.

Also, I'm sure that these inflated prices are so that the presenters can pay for all these holidays that they constantly blather on about. I wish they'd just shut up and do what they're supposed to. I'm fed up with them wittering on about nothing whilst not telling us what we need to know about the products on air. Grr. I had to turn it off this morning it was so irritating.

I'd rather watch paint peel than see them washing their hands in bowls of water! Overpriced and tedious. There is too much competition out there for them to carry on like this. It seems worse since the Molton Brown snub. Do you think they're trying to make themselves look more high-end as a result?

Latest posts

Back