What phrases annoy you most?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
There seems to be a set of phrases that every presenter is taught to say but what 3 phrases annoy you most?

For me they are:-
1. It shouldn't be at this price - well it is and it's no skin off your nose is it?

2. We have the best gem cutters in the World - Well they need a visit to Specsavers then because they obviously can't see the ruddy great windows!

3. Tony says this and Tony says that and Tony, Tony, Tony - Well Tony obviously needs to go with the gemcutters to Specsavers too as he raves about windowed stones and white Aquaramarine, then he needs to see a shrink because he pays £1000 a carat for Tanzanite then pays even more money to have it set before selling it at a loss!

I've put this thread on Gems TV too.

"if you trust me in any shape or form" I don't
"Don't move a muscle" usually said before a break
"Oh my word" when said on every price drop
"Producer Cherry this or producer cods wallop that"
"OK" when said before about to say some more bull

Hi Happyshopper. Just in case you're wondering, it's not just the two of us who get annoyed but the rest have posted under the same thread in the Gems TV section! It's much more popular than this section so the thread just seemed to grow there! Of course it's a far more popular channel than this one and appears to be significantly more trusted by the members here so that's why their section is so busy and this one isn't! I don't think anyone here buys from Rocks & Co anymore for a variety of reasons - very high prices, very poor presenters, light gold weights and they have also let quite a few people on here down very badly by overselling on the phones AFTER people have the items in their baskets on the web then pretending the item failed their QC! Even the free double glazing with nearly every gem doesn't entice us to buy from them! :giggle: Windows, windows and more windows!!

Oh and I nearly forgot - we've had a couple of very rude, very childish and very ignorant members of Rocks staff come on here posing as shoppers like us, only to be banned very quickly. However this does nothing for their already poor reputation.

I should add that the only thing Rocks & Co have going for them imho is John Scott. He makes you want to watch and does it as it exactly how it should be done. People love John - he's highly entertaining and has the fantastic ability of making people laugh while they're spending money!! A real pro and defintely worthy of the over used favourite comment - but he really is Rare, Rare, Rare!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be the singularly most overused word in the history of Shopping Tele...and it drives me round the fricking bend!!!!!! I don't need to be WOW'd or patronised TO THE EXTREME just because they have taken a few grand off a starting price that bore ABSOLUTELY no relation to anything other than a third world countries national debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....and breathe!!!!

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That has to be the singularly most overused word in the history of Shopping Tele...and it drives me round the fricking bend!!!!!! I don't need to be WOW'd or patronised TO THE EXTREME just because they have taken a few grand off a starting price that bore ABSOLUTELY no relation to anything other than a third world countries national debt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.....and breathe!!!!

WOW!!! :giggle: You sound like me there PR! :Laughing1:

ps I've never heard John Scott say "wow" so that's yet another point to him :)

Better out than in as they say. So - yer've got a pal then Klob? Watch out for that PR though, she'll 'ave yer out in the cold on the naughty step quicker than you can say "my word". xxxxx
2.gif

I have posted on the other thread, but a couple more have come to mind - particularly relevant to certain presenters on this channel. I also have to add that I have NEVER bought from this channel either - mind you I haven't bought from Gems since Steve B left either.

'Oh My Word' with eyes falling out on stalks...... what, what is it..what has happened? You wonder... nothing, the price has dropped.

'Hold the line...hold the line...hold the line...' when there is obviously nobody there because the time has run out and there are still items available. Who are they trying to kid??

I could go on, but it would just get boring, and would be like watching them live - lol.

Better out than in as they say. So - yer've got a pal then Klob? Watch out for that PR though, she'll 'ave yer out in the cold on the naughty step quicker than you can say "my word". xxxxx
2.gif

OI!!! I resemble that remark!!! :rock:

Anyway, you love being on the naughty step, so don't you go pretending otherwise lady!!!

I have posted on the other thread, but a couple more have come to mind - particularly relevant to certain presenters on this channel. I also have to add that I have NEVER bought from this channel either - mind you I haven't bought from Gems since Steve B left either.

'Oh My Word' with eyes falling out on stalks...... what, what is it..what has happened? You wonder... nothing, the price has dropped.

'Hold the line...hold the line...hold the line...' when there is obviously nobody there because the time has run out and there are still items available. Who are they trying to kid??

I could go on, but it would just get boring, and would be like watching them live - lol.

I know what you mean!! I am so waiting for the day that someone on the midnight shift thinks sod it, and when the price drops does the eyes on stalks thing and say 'well holy fcuk, would you look at that!!'

....well it would make a nice change I'm sure you'd all agree!!!!! :devil:

Latest posts

Back