What phrases annoy you most?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
There seems to be a set of phrases that every presenter is taught to say but what 3 phrases annoy you most?

For me, on Gems TV, they are:-

1. Get it valued for your insurance - don't rush out and pay money for a valuation unless you need it. Check you insurance policy first because normally unless the item is costing you over £1000-£1500 you won't need it!

2. You won't believe the price we are going to - so you sit there expecting a cheap price only to find it's twice as much as you expected it to be!

3. I can't buy it for this with my staff discount - Yeah right and I believe that! Anyway who cares if you can buy it or not?

I've put this thread on Rocks & Co too.

"We can't even make it for this price" - oh yeah of course that is true (not)

This is wrong,wrong,wrong.
Sipping a glass of champagne.
Sitting at the captains's table.
More like supping a mug of tea.

" there is noooooooooo waaaaaaaayyyyy that this should be in an under £30/£40/£50 (delete as appropriate) hour"

"is this a mistake,have you checked?"(again opined many a time in an under whatever hour)

It's not a stock phrase as such,but another thing that gets on me chesticles is mentioning the fact that you get 42 diamonds etc etc.....the fact that the diamonds in question are the size of sugar granules is not mentioned,funnily enough!!!!

" there is noooooooooo waaaaaaaayyyyy that this should be in an under £30/£40/£50 (delete as appropriate) hour"

:grin::grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

Oh sweetpea, this made me laugh so much. I can just hear the Geordie accent now! Brilliant!

I'm with Argey, really.... i'm goin away at the beginning of October and I don't think there's enough time for me to get all my pet peeves listed before then!
"rare, rare" rare" and all permutations of same....

"once it is gone it is gone" .......

Sweetpea..haven't laughed this much in ages..sugar granules! or is it a bit of fairy dust all these gem hunters must traipse out of the mines!
1. Premier piece..never been aired before.
The emerald ring I bought from the one collection on rocks had to go back as it was minute and could barely get it on my finger..sent it back on the wednesday..lo and behold it was back on air by friday as a brand new, never been seen before etc !
2. Such a good gold weight! 1.5 grammes
3. We are going to be in such trouble for going this low... well yep, probably from trading standards!

oh and. not a phrase BUT...

Mad 'Hyena laff' followed by 'SNNORRRRT!'
..And repeat

Vicki.

Sorry Vicki.

Maybe I'm just buying good granulated sugar, but the majority of diamonds on the tv stuff would be hard pressed to be even castor sugar sized!
"a good size of diamonds... these are all 1mm " wow, hold me back, I'm going to run round the room with excitement.

"this is an heirloom piece" ... usually said of somthing made using so little gold that if you wear it every day for three years you'll be lucky to have it survive at all, let alone be in a fit state to pass on to your heirs.

" we only use the very best stones" ..... this really is beyond belief.

words..... marquee instead of marquise
briolay instead of briolette

Maybe I'm just buying good granulated sugar, but the majority of diamonds on the tv stuff would be hard pressed to be even castor sugar sized!
"a good size of diamonds... these are all 1mm " wow, hold me back, I'm going to run round the room with excitement.

"this is an heirloom piece" ... usually said of somthing made using so little gold that if you wear it every day for three years you'll be lucky to have it survive at all, let alone be in a fit state to pass on to your heirs.

" we only use the very best stones" ..... this really is beyond belief.

words..... marquee instead of marquise
briolay instead of briolette

You beat me to it. That's not fair as all I get in the way of diamonds is fairy dust.

There is one that more than irritates but infuriates me "getting this in your collection will be a lifetime achievement". How insulting is that to anyone struggling with life or actually achieving some enormous human endeavour. My blood pressure is joining Klos's just thinking about it. xxxx

"like kinda, kinda like" Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
And the old chestnut, this solitaire is surrounded by........................................

How about one of Adina's favourites when showing a ring with lots of little diamonds ........

"I'd be proud to have just one of these diamonds in my collection as a sollitaire"

Really ????

How about one of Adina's favourites when showing a ring with lots of little diamonds ........

"I'd be proud to have just one of these diamonds in my collection as a sollitaire"

Really ????

"d'ya nar woddi mean" xxx

"This is a gorgeous solitaire ring" .............. clearly showing a single centre stone, surrounded by accent diamonds.

SOLITAIRE MEANS ON IT'S OWN - NOTHING ELSE!

"This is a gorgeous solitaire ring" .............. clearly showing a single centre stone, surrounded by accent diamonds.

SOLITAIRE MEANS ON IT'S OWN - NOTHING ELSE!

...and, just as often.... when showing a trilogy or two stone.... look at these two/three lovely solitaires. :angry:

Really ????

anythingg Adina says she is so false well over exuberant and i am sure she thinks we are all no nothing morons get rid of her not rod or drew

"like kinda, kinda like" Arrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!
And the old chestnut, this solitaire is surrounded by........................................

Oh god yesssssssssss - just look at this solitaire gem, so who are the friends quietly hugging it then??

amazing prices, amazing gem, amazing priced jewellery, never get it again at this amazing price, amazing, amazing and oh yes, did I mention amazing??? :angry:

Latest posts

Back