Vax tsv

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

suzywoozy

Registered Shopper
Hello, I thought I would help some of the F.A.R.T.S. I bought the last Vax Carpet Cleaner TSV and because I didn't have the strength of the FARTS behind me, didn't send it back when I should.

To be honest, the model I got isn't really any use for cleaning small areas, it wets the carpet but it hasn't got any stains or anything out. If you are serious about doing your carpet cleaning yourself, you'll get much better results from hiring a Rug Doctor from your local B&Q or Homebase at £25 per day. Yes, you might have to pay more in a year than buying a VAX Cleaner, but you'll get a professional clean, not a wet carpet.

I hope this has swayed you from temptation. :flower:

I was the same with that TSV, but luckily I managed to return it. I'm now looking for one of those old fashioned manual Bex Bissell carpet shampooers that my mum used to have!

Linda:hi:

which recommend a new one but it cleans with heat....cold water does not clean carpets.

Thank you Suzywoozy, I hope fellow f.a.r.ts are taking note. I for one am never tempted by anyting to do with cleaning on QVC or otherwise.

Cheers Suzywoozy! :up2: :flower:

A Vax is one of those things I always think I should probably buy - but so far I've never succumbed.

Of course it helps that we've got all hard floor except the stairs, so I don't really need it - but since when has that ever stopped me?! :eek: :D

vax is good if you like to spread your stains and if you like the smell of wet carpet...

OK here's a challenge. Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaner that gives good results ? Suggesting professional carpet-cleaning firms would be cheating.

Linda :hi:

I resisted, having just joined the F.A.R.T.S. 'club.' Resistance was made a lot easier though because a friend is lending me her Vax. :)

A Vax (admittededly the older pull along model) actually shrunk my carpet in my old house. Tested a small area etc as recommended and it seemed fine! Would always go for a Rug Doctor or similar as advised by Suzywoozy:flower:!

OK here's a challenge. Can anyone recommend a carpet cleaner that gives good results ? Suggesting professional carpet-cleaning firms would be cheating.

I have a Bissell Proheat 2X which I bought as a reconditioned model to replace a smaller Bissell which I bought as a TSV a long time ago. The Proheat is fab, I have cream 100% wool carpets and 2 cats and a small child (not a good combination I know) but the Bissell keeps everything clean.

http://www.bisselldirect.co.uk/product/1050 this is the one I bought.

Oh and for stubborn stains a very dilute solution of this http://www.lakeland.co.uk/oxi-clean/F/product/20950?src=gpcle&sq=oxi clean (instructions on the back) poured onto the stain and rubbed in with your finger before cleaning works a treat. I've got rid of blackberry stains with this baby, and once when I accidently kicked a tin of emulsion down the stairs and there was paint on every step and in the hall I used a solution of this in my Bissell instead of detergent and it got rid of the paint totally. Only realised after that a new hall carpet would of been nice and I could have claimed on my insurance, just didn't think and started cleaning it up straight away.

Last edited:

I had my carpets proffesionaly cleaned a couple of years ago, to be honest I was not that impressed. This year I decided to by a carpet cleaner and found a VAX Deal V proheat on sale in Currys for £197 should have been £297.

I have cleaned all my carpets and am delighted with the results. I would highly recommed this washer to anyone considering buying one.

One thing to note, as I noticed in another post, warm water is used not cold.

i was watching the last presentation.
lots of fuss made about a really dirty qvc mat many thousands of feet been on it over the years...
expected a great demo i.e really clean mat and really dirt water....none of the above !
i hate buying stuff that does not do the job properly and i equally hate having to bag the darn thing up and wait for a courier to pick it up and yes wait for a refund.....oh and lose the p&p costs in curred.

you have saved me from buying a carpet shampoo machine thing, off to get some oxyclean. I get so drawn in when watching cleaning stuff on qvc and start to feel that I inhabit a home of filth and squalor which can only be saved by lashing out vast sums of money on some piece of nonsense.......have managed to resist so far and hopefully am not going to succumb in the future

you have saved me from buying a carpet shampoo machine thing, off to get some oxyclean. I get so drawn in when watching cleaning stuff on qvc and start to feel that I inhabit a home of filth and squalor which can only be saved by lashing out vast sums of money on some piece of nonsense.......have managed to resist so far and hopefully am not going to succumb in the future

Have to admit though that the first time I bought Oxiclean it was of QVC!

Latest posts

Back