My slow cooker

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Artemis

I'm a Kitchen Aid Maid!
Although I'm fully aware of the 'down' side of QVC, I feel I must give credit where it's due ( no pun intended). I'd been wanting a slow cooker for ages, but they don't sell them here. Wherever I got it from, it was going to be 20 pounds postage, so I used QVC because of their guarantee.
I'd only had it three weeks when I came downstairs one morning to find that the toughened glass lid was crazed, and little bits of glass had fallen into the cooker. I hadn't used it for a couple of days and it wasn't in a place where anything could fall on it.Total mystery, but one I didn't fancy explaining to them as it seemed so far-fetched!
I was all fired up to face their scepticism, had taken photos of where it was, damage etc. as I could hardly sent them a load of broken glass through the post. As it was, when I refused a replacement, they happily refunded me AND refunded my 20 quid postage without a quibble.Now that's what I call service!:clapping:
I emailed the photos to the manufacturer, as I thought they'd like to know in case it was a faulty batch.

Although I'm fully aware of the 'down' side of QVC, I feel I must give credit where it's due ( no pun intended). I'd been wanting a slow cooker for ages, but they don't sell them here. Wherever I got it from, it was going to be 20 pounds postage, so I used QVC because of their guarantee.
I'd only had it three weeks when I came downstairs one morning to find that the toughened glass lid was crazed, and little bits of glass had fallen into the cooker. I hadn't used it for a couple of days and it wasn't in a place where anything could fall on it.Total mystery, but one I didn't fancy explaining to them as it seemed so far-fetched!
I was all fired up to face their scepticism, had taken photos of where it was, damage etc. as I could hardly sent them a load of broken glass through the post. As it was, when I refused a replacement, they happily refunded me AND refunded my 20 quid postage without a quibble.Now that's what I call service!:clapping:
I emailed the photos to the manufacturer, as I thought they'd like to know in case it was a faulty batch.

It's good to hear a positive story about QVC's customer services so thanks for posting this . By the way, what make was your slow cooker and have you managed to get another one? Couldn't manage without mine, use it loads, especially in the winter.

It's good to hear a positive story about QVC's customer services so thanks for posting this . By the way, what make was your slow cooker and have you managed to get another one? Couldn't manage without mine, use it loads, especially in the winter.

It's a Russel Hobbs and it was great - for 3 weeks!
We are over in the U.K. in October, to visit the family so we'll probably buy one then and send it to ourselves. We get little choice otherwise as not many places will send to here.

Sorry to hear about your Slow cooker Atermis. I have a Russell Hobbs make and mine is a dual pot, so you can cook two different things in it at the same time and they wont mix. I brought mine of TJ Huges website.Sounds to be like you just got a faulty one in that batch so dont give up and try and buy another when you come over to the uk. I cant do without mine and use it all the time.

I have a slow cooker but don't use it much as am having trouble finding a decent recipe book. Do any of you have any you could recommend?

I have a slow cooker but don't use it much as am having trouble finding a decent recipe book. Do any of you have any you could recommend?

150 Best slow cooker recipes by Judith Finlayson

Slow cooking properly explained by Dianne Page.

The second one is a mine of information as well as some really good recipes.

In the short time I had my cooker, I used recipes from both books sucessfully.:nod::happy:

catkins the best things to cook in a slow cooker is any meat. Basically if you buy say chicken dice it up and put in a cook in sauce, or you could throw in some meat chopped carrots onion potatoe whatever you fancy throw it all in and cook in water and a oxo cube. basically you always need liquid of some description, then just do any meat with veggies.

The other day I put in skinless cubed chicken and then I put in a Chicken Tikka sauce and it was a lovely curry made some seperate rice and got a nan bread lovely!

if you wnat to cook say a beef joint just put it in your slow cooker and add enough water to cover the meat and leave on low overnight the next day discard the water but then you have a lovely soft meat melt in your mouth joint!

you can virtually cook anything in a slow cooker as long as you add some liquid. Hope this helps.

If you cook veggies put them in first at the bottom as they take longer to cook place meat on top and dont lift the lid just leave in low and you will have lovely meals.

catkins the best things to cook in a slow cooker is any meat. Basically if you buy say chicken dice it up and put in a cook in sauce, or you could throw in some meat chopped carrots onion potatoe whatever you fancy throw it all in and cook in water and a oxo cube. basically you always need liquid of some description, then just do any meat with veggies.

The other day I put in skinless cubed chicken and then I put in a Chicken Tikka sauce and it was a lovely curry made some seperate rice and got a nan bread lovely!

if you wnat to cook say a beef joint just put it in your slow cooker and add enough water to cover the meat and leave on low overnight the next day discard the water but then you have a lovely soft meat melt in your mouth joint!

you can virtually cook anything in a slow cooker as long as you add some liquid. Hope this helps.

Joints of meat are gorgeous in a slow cooker, I agree Dazzler. Lamb comes up lovely when done that way too. In fact, it's so often better than roasting cos it's guaranteed to come out beautifully.

Latest posts

Back