Hannahs candles

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

athena69

Registered Shopper
just to let everyone know, these candles are a total waste of money!

as a yankee candle fan of many years, i foolishly thought ' mmm, large candles, low price, try them?' wish i hadn't bothered!

yes they do tunnel, and yes they send clouds of black smoke billowing out, and i do trim the wicks and burn for hours at a time!

so i have learnt my lesson and from now on will be sticking religiously to good old yankees as what you get is what you pay for!!! :flower:

Many thanks for that warning athena69. :happy:I was tempted to give these candles a go but will stick to my usual Yankees. You've saved me the time, trouble and expense, just sorry you were stuck with the smokey things :hi:

I have tried these candles too !, they are awful (in my opinion) OH cant bear them scents are sickly and overpowering, I'll stick to Yankee candles too, I have a nice little stockpile of them in my cuboard :flower::cheeky:.

as a yankee candle fan of many years, i foolishly thought ' mmm, large candles, low price, try them?' wish i hadn't bothered!

yes they do tunnel, and yes they send clouds of black smoke billowing out, and i do trim the wicks and burn for hours at a time!

so i have learnt my lesson and from now on will be sticking religiously to good old yankees as what you get is what you pay for!!! :flower:

Thanks - i've been curious but never got round to buying - now I know not to bother!

I will stick with my beloved YC jar candles - I have Sweet Melon burning ATM - yummy! :flower:

Thats why there were so many in the outlet in Warrington the other day. Was tempted to try them as they were cheap - but glad I didnt now.

Thanks for the warning.

I've tried these recently too and they're now sitting downstairs waiting for QVC to collect them for return. Mine tunnelled as well. The one I tried was raisin cookie and smelt like burnt biscuits. Wished I'd read the reviews online before buying as they are all poor. x

Thats why there were so many in the outlet in Warrington the other day. Was tempted to try them as they were cheap - but glad I didnt now.

Thanks for the warning.

Never mind Warrington, I have seen them on 'sale' in T K Maxx in Middlesbrough.
What a great advertisement, Yankee everytime:rock:

oooooooooooops looks like my secret santas will be "memorable" in all the wrong ways

my motto! tnx for the review.

Sorry to hear these were not up to Yankee standard. I was quite tempted as the price looked good and the scents sounded yummy but I must confess to reading the reviews first as I am a Yankee fan. Found it a bit odd that the presenters were raving about them when so many people said exactly what the OP said:sad:

Sorry to hear these were not up to Yankee standard. I was quite tempted as the price looked good and the scents sounded yummy but I must confess to reading the reviews first as I am a Yankee fan. Found it a bit odd that the presenters were raving about them when so many people said exactly what the OP said:sad:

It's not odd really - they have to shift the stock don't they? I suppose what is odd though is that they didn't go on and on about all the rave reviews online which they usually do. I'll certainly be aware of this in future. If they don't menton reviews I'll have a nosey and see what others have said first. x

I have kept one of mine !, if I need to get the OH out of the house I only have to light it and hes up and away :cheeky:, have to admit I put it out as soon as hes gone, its awful:thinking2:

It's not odd really - they have to shift the stock don't they? I suppose what is odd though is that they didn't go on and on about all the rave reviews online which they usually do. I'll certainly be aware of this in future. If they don't menton reviews I'll have a nosey and see what others have said first. x

I never used to look at the reviews prior to spending but after a Lola Rose bracelet purchase that the presenter said was wondeful, perfect for all occasions blah blah blah......................... It came, was teeny tiny and I had to return it. When I looked at the reviews, lots of others said the same thing. Postage costs and a sharp learning curve:headbang: Now if it's down to personal taste, reviews won't help much but for size/poor quality etc they are a good guide. I also found this forum excellent at getting true feedback on products.:nod:

Latest posts

Back