How much more NN can we take?????

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

nn is about confusion.
you buy the soft flannel that is flimsy(soft is different believe it or not to thin)
then when people work out is cheap tat they bring out a thicker weightier flannel.
high thread count. when we work out this creases like billy ho,chopped spinach and looks a right ole mess in our rooms they come up with non iron high thread count...now here is where confusion is really starting to set in.
this non iron stuff has an expiry date:up to 50 washes then the creases will start to set in....
the next big revelation will be non iron high thread count that will never crease ever....
will stick to the high street!:headbang:

I hate the pillow cases with the slot in the middle, and also find that the 'deep pocket' bottom sheet doesn't stay in place unless you have a mattress about 2 ft deep. The 'Hotel' range at Dunelm Mill is far better and cheaper.

I love Dorma bedding and have bought a couple of sets recently from justlinen.co.uk great delivery and some really good discounts!! Highly reccomended.

the next big revelation will be non iron high thread count that will never crease ever....

That already exists.......Yves Delorme for one.......350 quid & upwards gets you the high thread count, soft as silk, non-crease bedding top 5 star hotels really use!
(OK, it does crease but the creases drop out so easily, it virtually is non-iron! lol)

If I went to a top hotel & found myself looking at NN's bobbly, moulting, wrinkled carp, I'd be wanting a blinkin' reduction in the bill! It really annoys me, them keep babbling on about how wonderful the stuff is, it isn't & a shame if it puts people off trying truly great 'high thread count' bedding because they think it's all like NN! :headbang::angry:

Do you think that all these NN events is because the Diamonique mine is coming to the end of production ?????

No new shows (except the crackpot from Germany), all we are getting now is a diet of outlet and sale stuff - and sorry but all the Veronese stuff is beginning to get on my wick as well - I am beginning to think that QVC have taken that over as an in house brand too.

love yves delorme: will always stroke it as i go by it but m&s high thread count is to die for and sheridan is truly amazingand very afforable.in fact all the high steet stuff is better than nn...
strangely i remember qvc doing sheridan but not for long and it was far more expensive than the strores

I love Dorma bedding and have bought a couple of sets recently from justlinen.co.uk great delivery and some really good discounts!! Highly reccomended.
Same here, I am fed up to the teeth with NN's claims of the high thread counts, does not pil etc. another TSV Oh No.

:doh:

My sheets are Dorma, I've had them for over 10 years and they are still going strong, they are looking a bit thinner towads the bottom where my feet rub on them but I don't see any point in replacing them yet.

A t caller today said she had four sets of one product and various others. How many sets do you need? I have one on and one in the wash. Ok you might want winter and summer ones but that's only four sets.

It makes me laugh when NN say that they are top end bedding as used in 'exclusive hotels. Most top hotels use Frette Egyptian Cotton bedding. I have some and it improves with every wash. NN doesn't even come remotely close.

It made me laugh how Nothern Nights (and Cooks Essentials) were part of QVC's big brands day - they're not big brands cos you can only get em on QVC!!!

Gems and Northern Nights are on QVC far too much!

My sheets are Dorma, I've had them for over 10 years and they are still going strong, they are looking a bit thinner towads the bottom where my feet rub on them but I don't see any point in replacing them yet.

A t caller today said she had four sets of one product and various others. How many sets do you need? I have one on and one in the wash. Ok you might want winter and summer ones but that's only four sets.

I can beat that LOL the sheets Im using are from 1952 , they are 57 years old , where my Mothers and have travelled to Egypt and Kenya with her . They are still brilliant white, so soft and not a thin place on them , but I bet someone on the Forum has older ones:thinking2:

I can beat that LOL the sheets Im using are from 1952 , they are 57 years old , where my Mothers and have travelled to Egypt and Kenya with her . They are still brilliant white, so soft and not a thin place on them , but I bet someone on the Forum has older ones:thinking2:

Are they Dorma? You did not say.

You only get what you pay for, which is why I have never been tempted by the tat that is NN, no matter how hard the sell!!!!!!:grin::grin:

Apologies for the double post I made the Font too big on the first one , I felt it looked like I was shouting , could the Mods remove one please , I dont quite know how I did it.

Dont think they are Dorma but the where made in Great Britain , there is a very small faded label that says so on one of the corners

Apologies for the double post I made the Font too big on the first one , I felt it looked like I was shouting , could the Mods remove one please , I dont quite know how I did it.

Dont think they are Dorma but the where made in Great Britain , there is a very small faded label that says so on one of the corners

You've made me feel better as I felt like a bit of a cheapskate using sheets that are over ten years old when all the t callers seem to have loads of sets and regularly buy new ones! What I have are fine so I won't waste my money on more before I have to.

You've made me feel better as I felt like a bit of a cheapskate using sheets that are over ten years old when all the t callers seem to have loads of sets and regularly buy new ones! What I have are fine so I won't waste my money on more before I have to.

My bedding is much older than that BB, and I don't feel like a cheapskate at all.
It is matallasse, beautiful quality, which we bought about 18 years ago. I only like all-white bedding and, as we have 4 cats, three of whom sleep on the bed, it is constantly being washed. In our case, it has definitely been a case of getting the quality we paid for. What annoys me is how expensive NN is for such poor quality. My QVC addicted friend in the U.K. has several sets and IMO, it starts to look shabby after a couple of washes.

You've made me feel better as I felt like a bit of a cheapskate using sheets that are over ten years old when all the t callers seem to have loads of sets and regularly buy new ones! What I have are fine so I won't waste my money on more before I have to.[/QUOTE

Its Quality not Quantity that matters:happy::happy:
Someone ought to tell QVC.:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Latest posts

Back