new plated range of jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Milly

Registered Shopper
:confused2:I was just wondering if anyone had any views on the new range of the plated gold jewellery.
I'm not sure that the designes are really my cup of tea to be honest, but even if they were i dont know that I'd spend my cash on it as I tend to feel its kind of not real if you know what i mean .I understand its going to be considerably cheaper to buy if its more fashion stuff as opposed to the more classic long term jewellery but what do others think?:thinking2:

I've only seen the pix and one or two items being sold on screen.....doesn't look good enough to tempt me to watch more, Milly.

Hi there,obviously i realise that not all designs are everyones cup of tea, it would be impossible to appeal to everyone!

Just a little concerned when you say that it is not real. The designs are all made from 925 solid sterling silver and are Vermeil Gold Plated ( which is 1.5 microns of pure gold) this is a standard that many Italian jewellers use for their high end silver jewellery.

Hope this clears things up for anyone who is unsure.

Regards

Steve

I have bought several of the cocktail rings recently - silver and gold plated. for the prices I paid I think they are excellent value. :clapping:
There is no way that they replace my classic gold rings but for a fashion statement they are pretty good!!!

Hi there,obviously i realise that not all designs are everyones cup of tea, it would be impossible to appeal to everyone!

Just a little concerned when you say that it is not real. The designs are all made from 925 solid sterling silver and are Vermeil Gold Plated ( which is 1.5 microns of pure gold) this is a standard that many Italian jewellers use for their high end silver jewellery.

Hope this clears things up for anyone who is unsure.

Regards

Steve

Hi, Steve,
Good point you make there... of course it IS real silver with real gold plating .... I was not in doubt of that.
Simply the designs are not my taste. :hi:

I dont want steve or anyone else for that matter to think I was saying the jewellery is in any way fake and I'm sorry if my post comes across like that.
I realise its real in the sense of gold on silver I was really i suppose thinking if I buy something in gold I would like solid gold ,or I buy silver, and rocks makes it very clear when its being sold that it is a plated item of jewellery there selling and i think there is a place for such things but as i said before its not my taste,.but thanks to steve for reading the forum and posting his point for others to read.

Hello there,

I have not bought any but the vermeil plating as Steve says is 1.5 microns of 24ct gold. This is a high degree of plating as the industry standard is about 0.8 microns. So, the Rocks vermeil will last much longer. For the money I think they are worth a try.

Hope this helps!

Inge x

Well, I've bought two sets of earrings from the Viorelli range. They're a great look for a funky outfit, or just with jeans and a tee-shirt - so they've got my vote! Oh and both earrings were under £20!

I have earrings and a ring ,however, on the authenticity cards, no mention of silver, only gold plated, why no mention of the silver, earrings o.k. but the wear on a ring could mean limited use, item o.k if silver underneath as the gold wears off.

looking at the cards again no mention that they are viorelli, although they came in viorelli boxes, another item I have in the range has more detail on the card stating viorelli and mentions the s silver, in the same price range.

Latest posts

Back