Smashbox Halo Vs. LG Balance N Brighten

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

L'OccitaneLover16

Registered Shopper
Hey guys
I use Laura Geller Balance N Brighten but with this disappointing tsv coming up I am thinking of trying the Smashbox Halo if its in the Smashbox tsv coming up. I notice its 21g which is over twice the size of the LG one.

How do this compare? I have oily skin but always use LG Matte Maker as well but what would the make up experts say?

Thank you!

I can not use the LG B&B for any length of time as it makes my skin dry. So I love the Halo.

Hiya my lovely :hi:

I haven't really used either as they don't do one pale enough for me.

So I'm going to be absolutely no help whatsoever.

But consider the thread bumped up to the top though - where somebody less useless might see it! :D

Okay, I'm going to buck the trend and say I prefer B&B.
I tried Halo and I *really* wanted to love it but it did nothing for me so I sent it back.
B&B is so easy to use. I love it!

Halo - less drying and a better colour - but the LG one is better to take out. Halo is in a big container that is also, sadly unreliable. The spring on the compact has gone on two of mine and the same thing has happened to others on here.

No idea about BnB. But Halo is not really a foundation, you can use it instead of foundation if your skin is good or you use concealer on your problem areas. It does not sink into wrinkles or pores and has gold in it which gives the skin a lift. It will not give you the cover you get from BnB which is a foundation.

The shades do run dark, I stay away from Fair in products as they tend to be pink toned. But in Halo I am a Fair, it looks really pale when first applied, but give it 5 mins and it suddenly seems to adapt to your skin tone and it become flawless.

I like them both but, the edge would be with Halo - I'm not a foundation user per se but, I am very impressed with Halo gives a really lovely finish and you get lots of product for your money.

I'm not a big fan of Halo although I love the Halo Glow!! lol!!

Halo just sat on top of my skin and ended up giving me a patchy coverage later on it the day.

i use both, b&b when im not really doing much just want a light covering of something , other times ill do concealer then halo on top which gives a really beautifull finish to the skin, then sometimes ill put b&b and a little halo on top.if i had to choose one it would be halo cos of the finish it gives, i wouldnt choose it for coverage.i have a halo from a tsv last year thats not finished yet and one in waiting lol but then ive not got to the end of a b&b either!have i helped?probaly not :blush:

Always find that the B&B goes dirty and rusty-looking even in the fair option. I also find that it starts to "prickle" on my skin after a while. I would love for it to be ok on me as it is so incredibly convenient. I now use HALO in the Fair shade. It is comfortable and does not cause my skin any discomfort. I agree with Donna that the fair goes on very pale and then adapts to your skin after a few minutes. I just hope we are offered the handbag-sized portable Halo which is now available to purchase separately on the QVC US site (I read here it was in their TSV)

I'm bucking the trend too. I prefer the B&B. Halo is ok and I often use it on top of the B&B but I find the halo actually enhances my flaws rather than hide all of them but I do like the shade. B & B I couldnt live without and the only foundation powder I have ever finished and re-purchased.

It really depends on what you want from your foundation and your skin type. BnB is a heavier coverage, creamy but definitely dryer foundation than Halo. The advantage for me of BnB is you can use it as a concealer too with a small brush, also in eyebrows if the colour is right etc so it's more of a multitasker. I like it for a really quick coverage esp in the winter when I use a heavier moisturiser anyway so can balance the dryness of the product.

Halo is more of a natural glow, not nearly as much coverage as BnB. I find it can be a little too glowy on me but it's nice over another foundation, if you have a really good skin or a good concealer that'll work under it. It's definitely nice and light and I've had no problems with the compact at all.

Hope that helps!

tx

No idea about BnB. But Halo is not really a foundation, you can use it instead of foundation if your skin is good or you use concealer on your problem areas. It does not sink into wrinkles or pores and has gold in it which gives the skin a lift. It will not give you the cover you get from BnB which is a foundation.

The shades do run dark, I stay away from Fair in products as they tend to be pink toned. But in Halo I am a Fair, it looks really pale when first applied, but give it 5 mins and it suddenly seems to adapt to your skin tone and it become flawless.

Yes I had wondered is it more of a finishing powder? does it not provide good coverage?

Latest posts

Back