Oh, poo!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
Just saw my blue and white diamond earrings, for which I paid £175 (in the clearance), go for £119.

Isn't it annoying when that happens?

I do wish the prices could be a bit more consistent!

that is pants, you win some and loose some MissM...
Happened to me before as well and I get annoyed a bit.
I was too late this week grabbing a ring that went for £130, but got it tonight for £99. For once I had a good deal, that is if the diamonds will be good quality lol

yes, it is rather narking, however, i have seen alot that went on air today and yest that are far cheaper in web games... beats me. Maybe they should have a price match thing within a certain time..

Its so annoying isn't it a few years ago i paid £799 for a ring that ended up in a sale months later @ £500, ever since i only buy in a clearance lol

I feel your pain Miss M! It's all swings and roundabouts; sometimes I've bought for a lot less, other times I wish I'd waited until the price had dropped. I have a similar dilemma at the moment. I bought one of those 'Shades of Nature' pendants and although I love it, it is a lot of money. I'm still trying to decide whether to send it back and hope to pick it up later at a better price... but then I could miss out altogether! Decisions, decisions ...

I feel your pain Miss M! It's all swings and roundabouts; sometimes I've bought for a lot less, other times I wish I'd waited until the price had dropped. I have a similar dilemma at the moment. I bought one of those 'Shades of Nature' pendants and although I love it, it is a lot of money. I'm still trying to decide whether to send it back and hope to pick it up later at a better price... but then I could miss out altogether! Decisions, decisions ...

The trouble is with the shades of nature is the luck of the draw with the colour grading i'm not very impressed with the one i have so its going back! but if you love the one you have and are very happy with the grading i personally would keep it and just not watch next time its on air so you will never know if it sold for less lol

The trouble is with the shades of nature is the luck of the draw with the colour grading i'm not very impressed with the one i have so its going back! but if you love the one you have and are very happy with the grading i personally would keep it and just not watch next time its on air so you will never know if it sold for less lol

Good advice gemcherub. The colour grading is excellent and I did get the 10% discount - see I'm talking myself into it! I have a great idea;:thinking2: I'll stop watching Gems and start watching TJC! :clapping:

Good advice gemcherub. The colour grading is excellent and I did get the 10% discount - see I'm talking myself into it! I have a great idea;:thinking2: I'll stop watching Gems and start watching TJC! :clapping:
Keep it you know you NEED it!:cheeky:no you'll only have the same issues if you watch tjc try watching the history channel :giggle:

Put it this way, ok they went cheaper but this was probably the last remaining stock and could be ones which people returned as they weren't up to scratch. You paid more for yours but you might well have got better quality. It is annoying when you see something go cheaper than what you paid for it, but that's like any sale isn't it? It's happened to me before, but if I'm happy with what I've got then I'm not too bothered.

Not always the case Greenie. Sometimes the original price is too high and it doesn't attract buyers - so getting the last in stock doesn't always mean poor quality. I've returned stuff of excellent quality just because it doesn't suit me or I haven't fallen in love with it.

MissM, I feel your pain too. I'm always irked when I see something go for less but then I look at the deals I've also had and I guess it balances out somewhere along the line x

Not that it makes it any the less painful and irksome, but I too think it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. This is part of the game I suppose, as most of us are looking for a "bargain", but sometimes the not knowing there are more and desire for ownership override good sense. The best deals are to be had by pure chance of timing or when you're not desperate for the item and are prepared to wait. As I suspect most of us buy under each of these circumstances, Gems get the "average" price per "batch" which is probably what they want and is fair, and we get a bargain or something we desperately desire. Everyone's a winner in the long term. xxx

Oh Miss M, I've been hurting too,a maricota amblygonite I paid £99 for is on their clearance page for £43 and a tangerine garnet I paid £147 with quite a few inclusions,nearly sent back,was on for £92.
Around Xmas I bought a rainbow sapphire bracelet in 3 uneasy payments of £133.Guaranteed lowest price ever.I swear if I see that bracelet for less than £399 I shall go to trading standards.
Defintely feeling the pain.

Latest posts

Back