PDA

View Full Version : Diamonds can be free at Rocks.TV

Graham
25-07-2008, 12:10 AM
Rocks TV (http://www.rocks.tv/) is officially launching today, they will be going live from 5pm to 11pm.

The launch coincides with the start of the Rocks TV advertising campaign.

All auctions will still start at 0 and without a reserve price!

Log on and join Rocks TV at the very beginning of this revolutionary new website.

Nessarose
25-07-2008, 07:15 AM
I'm really looking forward to this, it might even keep me out of the pub! http://i200.photobucket.com/albums/aa87/kattofix/smilies/drunksmilef.gif

rebeccab
25-07-2008, 10:47 AM
I cant wait for this roll on 5pm,
For some strange reason the oh has a vice like grip on his wallet:D

SUPERCOOLWILLOW
25-07-2008, 11:11 AM
i`m going to be looking as well

Sparkle plenty
25-07-2008, 11:47 AM
Have registered email but don't know how to sign in ... Help please!

Sammi
25-07-2008, 12:49 PM
I'm looking forward to it as well. Bl**dy unfortunate that my home internet connection has chosen this week to go up the creek and I have yet to resolve it! Am spitting tacks at the moment cos I know what kind of evening I've got ahead of me, instead of one sitting back and enjoying the presentations.

Meanwhile, good luck tonight Rocks TV. Give it some welly Steve and Barry :D

hugs, Sammi xxx

mariek
25-07-2008, 01:05 PM
I am to looking forward to the launch, good luck to all :)

Sev's Mum
25-07-2008, 01:16 PM
I can't wait!! Good luck everyone with the launch x

Sacha
25-07-2008, 01:34 PM
http://i153.photobucket.com/albums/s237/jkelek/good-luck.jpg

Wishing you a very successful launch!

Btw will we need to download a live video stream......not quite sure how this works! ;)

diamond-lyn
25-07-2008, 03:00 PM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/Woohoo.gif

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/comments%20photos/0_good_luck_trucker_hat.gif

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/Fingerscrossed.gif for you http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/rock.gif

'All the Best guys'
big hugs from Lyn xxx

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/thanku.gif

Tabs
25-07-2008, 04:09 PM
Tuned in all excited and the website appears to be down:( Hope this is just a temporary fault!

Siren1974
25-07-2008, 04:12 PM
It was working fine for me until 5pm then all came to a halt. I'm gutted as I'd been bidding for a bracelet :(

Tabs
25-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Not a good start! Lets hope they can fix things quickly.

Siren1974
25-07-2008, 04:15 PM
I can't even access the website anymore. But this is why they do beta testing I guess

Tabs
25-07-2008, 04:16 PM
I can get the coloured rocks website, but not rocks.tv.:rolleyes:

Pinkpussycat
25-07-2008, 04:34 PM
I've had to close their live streaming as it was slowing my pc right down. :( Anyone else affected?? :PPC:

Tabs
25-07-2008, 05:01 PM
Its ok here on high PPC.

Pinkpussycat
25-07-2008, 05:05 PM
Thanks Tabs...just tried it again and it does seem okay now. Probably poxy AOL playing up. :rolleyes: :PPC:

Tabs
25-07-2008, 05:13 PM
Ah the joys of AO HELL!!:rolleyes:

Siren1974
25-07-2008, 05:16 PM
Arggggg!!!

I still can't get the rocks.tv website to open

Tabs
25-07-2008, 05:19 PM
Siren try open a seperate internet explorer page and try that way..worked for me.

Pick-a-Lily
25-07-2008, 05:53 PM
Have to say I am unimpressed so far. There is a problem with the sound and the video, and I haven't seen anything I would consider buying yet.

PearlyQueen
25-07-2008, 06:02 PM
Well I was just watching it and there was a message on the chat thing saying please refresh, sadly that seems to have killed it and now the site is completely dead!
Such a shame, hope it's sorted quickly because it looks like a great way to shop.

christie_31
25-07-2008, 06:03 PM
Its "beta" though which means they are testing and i think the designs are gorgeous!!!

sweetpea
25-07-2008, 06:08 PM
Could anyone ask in the live chat as to why I can't log in:confused:

Ta muchly:)

christie_31
25-07-2008, 06:11 PM
we have asked on live chat they say close ur browser try again!! :)

sweetpea
25-07-2008, 06:15 PM
we have asked on live chat they say close ur browser try again!! :)
Okay will do.....cheers:)

fluff
25-07-2008, 06:20 PM
Well I was just watching it and there was a message on the chat thing saying please refresh, sadly that seems to have killed it and now the site is completely dead!
Such a shame, hope it's sorted quickly because it looks like a great way to shop.

Same for me, Anne!

Was really enjoying it too and had just tried to bid on the sapphire pendant. :mad:

tonep
25-07-2008, 07:07 PM
Hi Guys,

Sorry for all the problems, as you can understand this is why we are using this weekend before we officially launch to test the website functionality. Obviously while you CAN BID, you will get some bargains, if you can't please keep trying and bear with us, all issues are being worked on every minute and all will be resolved by the time we officially launch. Hope you manage to get some great bargains over the next few days and your feedback is essential to us and is being digested and resolved as quickly as possible.

Any problems you can always email me at tony@rocks.tv or help@rocks.tv

Tony

Tabs
25-07-2008, 07:14 PM
"Tigerlily" Here! I've had a real fight with it but managing...Just! Managed to get a Smoky Quartz silver ring, but currently have over 1000 of them waiting to be checked out! Its slow but seems good so far!:)

fluff
25-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Tigerlily :D ..... what's wrong with Tabs? :confused:

Tabs
25-07-2008, 07:20 PM
Erm...Nothing really Fluff, just decided on Tigerlily :o

Pick-a-Lily
25-07-2008, 07:23 PM
Lily here! I've been fighting with it too, but have given up now. Blood pressure won't stand it I'm afraid :o I'll have another look tomorrow. Hope you get some bargains peeps!

fluff
25-07-2008, 07:35 PM
I've got it on with the sound turned off and I'm watching the final of Masterchef and dipping in and out of here! :D

PearlyQueen
25-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Well I've just given up too! I finally found something I wanted and was winning, but when someone else put in a bid, I couldn't bid again, even though I logged off and on again. So frustrating, I can't begin to explain how much!
Grrrr!!!

Pick-a-Lily
25-07-2008, 07:56 PM
Those blue topaz cufflinks that are on now are the same as the amethyst ones I bought earlier this week and they were an absolute bargain at 25! Absolutely beautiful and look like they cost a bomb ;)

Tabs
25-07-2008, 08:02 PM
:)Theres some very nice pieces going thro tonight.

Pick-a-Lily
25-07-2008, 08:16 PM
That's not surprising really, there are a lot of frustrated potential bidders sat swearing at their computers!

Sev's Mum
25-07-2008, 08:53 PM
I've been sitting at my computer since 5pm and a couple of my bids have been accepted, after waiting a while for them to go through. I'm going to give up now, as much as I would like to continue watching, (bidding is a no go I think.) Very frustrating!

Pick-a-Lily
25-07-2008, 10:09 PM
Finally managed to get a bid in at 10.47! I think I have won one of the Mystic Topaz rings, but it isn't showing in my basket and the website seemed to shut down suddenly at 11 even though Barry was still in mid Iolite auction?
What a frustrating evening. Don't think I will be a regular viewer, I find it too stressful, but hopefully I have got a bargain tonight :)

Miss Kitty
25-07-2008, 10:12 PM
Just couldn't place a bid, which was VERY frustrating.

Sacha
25-07-2008, 10:16 PM
Good luck with that ring P A L. I've lost count of the number of times I made bids on the Mystic Topaz at 17, 19 and 20! Logging in and out, changing browsers and finally computers and still nothing in my basket! Under another name tho'!! :mysmilie_738.gif:

beauty junkie
25-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Good luck with that ring P A L. I've lost count of the number of times I made bids on the Mystic Topaz at 17, 19 and 20! Logging in and out, changing browsers and finally computers and still nothing in my basket! Under another name tho'!! :mysmilie_738.gif:

I tried and tried for the Mystic Topaz too Sacha but no luck I don't think as there is nothing in my basket.:(

diamondgirl
25-07-2008, 10:30 PM
I managed to get a Garnet and Diamond bracelet and a smokey quartz ring,but appear to have 406 of them in my basket.LOL
Will have to wait till Tony sorts it before i can check them out.It was hard to bid and there were sound problems etc but they seem to be trying hard to sort it out.

Pepsidoodle
25-07-2008, 10:47 PM
Fingers crossed that tomorrow will see some of your problems ironed out - but I'm sure they will want to hear if its not working for you.... so they can fix it

I've managed to have a trouble free time with it - which is amazing because my pc is very antique

& will you be wearing the 406 items at the same time???? lol

Klosblue
25-07-2008, 10:55 PM
I think they've done a brilliant job tonight fixing problems as they go along. By the end of the night it was much much better. I won a Citrine Ring but it went AWOL on the way to my basket! I think maybe "Tigerlily" or some other pseudonym stole it!! Tony got on the case really quickly though so it's sorted!

I got really confused though - isn't hard I know - but after 10 minutes I couldn't remember who was who with all their different names! I believe our very own Diamond-Lyn was in there under another guise! No it wasn't "craigsnewbitontheside" I would have recognised that name!

Anyway I enjoyed the night - yes frustrating at times but it's new and gremlins always managed to crop up but they'll get stamped on and everything will be great - I have faith!

Klosblue
25-07-2008, 10:58 PM
I managed to get a Garnet and Diamond bracelet and a smokey quartz ring,but appear to have 406 of them in my basket.LOL
Will have to wait till Tony sorts it before i can check them out.It was hard to bid and there were sound problems etc but they seem to be trying hard to sort it out.

I thought you had bought one for all your ST friends! I'm gutted now :Crying:

Klosblue
25-07-2008, 11:00 PM

Aha! Another pseudonym! Go on Sacha give us a clue? :Thinking2:

Sacha
25-07-2008, 11:03 PM
A gemstone? :mysmilie_738.gif:

Klosblue
25-07-2008, 11:04 PM
Mmmmm I'm thinking! :Thinking:

Sammi
25-07-2008, 11:08 PM
I enjoyed the time I managed to stay online there. looks like it's going to be a nice set up.

Sammi
25-07-2008, 11:08 PM
and they all did very well in the circumstances, with the gremlins on the loose etc.

mariek
25-07-2008, 11:10 PM
:)hello girls i am a wreck now after that marathon though nice to see most of you there ,loved the chat room and i managed 2 bag 3 things!!!

Sacha
25-07-2008, 11:13 PM
Well done Marie, hope you didn't end up with 300 things in your basket like some of the others! :mysmilie_691.gif:

Mad Granny Sue
25-07-2008, 11:51 PM
I had a great time too, inspite of the gremlins.

Tabs
26-07-2008, 06:57 AM
I think they've done a brilliant job tonight fixing problems as they go along. By the end of the night it was much much better. I won a Citrine Ring but it went AWOL on the way to my basket! I think maybe "Tigerlily" or some other pseudonym stole it!! Tony got on the case really quickly though so it's sorted!

I got really confused though - isn't hard I know - but after 10 minutes I couldn't remember who was who with all their different names! I believe our very own Diamond-Lyn was in there under another guise! No it wasn't "craigsnewbitontheside" I would have recognised that name!

Anyway I enjoyed the night - yes frustrating at times but it's new and gremlins always managed to crop up but they'll get stamped on and everything will be great - I have faith!

Sorry Klosblue, Wasn't me!!! I only got (or hope i got) the diamond shape smokey Quartz ring! I currently have over 5,000 of those in my basket and cant even check my one out!! :rolleyes:

For those of you who didnt guess my alter-ego is Tigerlily:D

Pick-a-Lily
26-07-2008, 08:31 AM
I managed to check out the MT ring this morning! Last night I tried to bid on a couple of things I really wanted - the flower multi gem ring, the blue topaz trilogy ring and the garnet bracelet - and realised I couldn't place a bid :eek:. So then I started to panic, and I was just clicking frantically on everything. Eventually, at about 10.45, I heard Barry mention my name as a new bidder for the MT ring - but still nothing showing on the screen for me, my name came up on screen a few minutes later. Then, blow me, he did it again with a smokey quartz bracelet that I hadn't really meant to bid on! Thankfully jeano won that one!
Anyway, although the MT ring would not have been my first choice, I'm delighted that persistence paid off in the end, and I got it for the bargainous price of 20 :) I couldn't check it out until this morning, but when I logged on this morning there was a pop up to say I had won it.
The whole site just crashed totally for me at just after 11pm and Barry was still in the middle of an Iolite ring, I don't know what happened there!
Anyway, I thought they did very well in difficult circumstances. Loved Barry, seemed such a nice bloke. I hope they get things sorted out before the site goes properly live on Monday, otherwise they'll be bankrupt before they know it. (Some very silly prices last night).

Sev's Mum
26-07-2008, 08:47 AM
I managed to check out this morning too, no problems at all. Last night was fun, but frustrating, I was just clicking away on everything and eventually I heard Barry say that I had won the silver diamond earrings! So I'm happy! Well done everyone else who managed to get hold of some lovely items at silly prices! I'm sure their problems will be sorted today/over the weekend, and it will be up and running fine by Monday. Great fun!

fluff
26-07-2008, 09:22 AM
I thought it was great fun despite all the gremlins and not being able to bid on a couple of items I fancied and I loved the chatroom banter.

Well done to the Rocks team and I hope things go more smoothly for you tonight!

diamond-lyn
26-07-2008, 09:46 AM
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/comments%20photos/Congratulations0.jpg

Coloured Rocks

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/568.gif http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/well_done2.gif guys!

Just wish some people could have had more patience & understanding
and not continued to bombard the chat room with 'I can't bid' & stuff
even after Tony had several times answered with 'Sorry, we're working on it'
Give 'em chance it was the first show ffs .. bound to be a few initial problems.
These 3 trial evenings were specifically scheduled to find out what problems there
may be & hopefully get them sorted ready for the launch 'proper' on Monday night
http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/tongue-smiley-8861.gif

Nessarose
26-07-2008, 09:54 AM
I couldn't get on my lappie at all last night, thought we had a storm brewing. What have I missed? Sounds like you all had a ball. Had a look on the website this morning and love the chat.

I think things will improve greatly by the sound of it. This weekend is meant to be about smoothing over the cracks and there will definitely be bargains to be had. I think everyone's patience will pay off just bear with them.

Klosblue
26-07-2008, 10:08 AM
:Applause: Well said Lyn :Applause:

Pick-a-Lily
26-07-2008, 10:14 AM
Just wish some people could have had more patience & understanding
and not continued to bombard the chat room with 'I can't bid' & stuff
even after Tony had several times answered with 'Sorry, we're working on it'
Give 'em chance it was the first show ffs .. bound to be a few initial problems.
These 3 trial evenings were specifically scheduled to find out what problems there
may be & hopefully get them sorted ready for the launch 'proper' on Monday night

I disagree actually. The point of beta testing is to identify the faults and therefore feedback was required. They were clearly confused as to why things were not attracting more bids - and frequently said so, so IMO it was important to let them know that we were all desperately trying to bid but coming up against a number of different problems. I certainly gave prompt positive feedback when the sound and video streaming problems were resolved.

fluff
26-07-2008, 10:43 AM

A gemstone? :mysmilie_738.gif:

Fruit polo? ;)

Nah? :rolleyes:

Giz another clue, Sacha! :D

sweetpea
26-07-2008, 11:09 AM
What a great night is was last night.Yes there were problems but that is to be expected,that is why there is beta testing.

I loved the live chat thingy,it was lovely being able to chat with you all.As someone who has only recently joined this sight it was a nice way to sort of get to know you,as I know there are many on here who have been aquainted for some time.It is also a nice way for Rocks to get to know their customers and vice versa,as a customer it makes you feel valued.

Maybe it was just me though,but with the chat and their being only 1 item in many of the auctions it put me off bidding for some things(when it let me bid,that is!!:D) because I felt like I would have been snatching something from under people's noses.......you know when someone sneaks into a parking spot that you were patiently waiting for....that sort of thing!:D
I did bag an MT ring though,as there were 20 I felt no guilt,hopefully I'll like it.

I hope to you all there later on.....have a good day folks.:)

Klosblue
26-07-2008, 11:10 AM
I disagree actually. The point of beta testing is to identify the faults and therefore feedback was required. They were clearly confused as to why things were not attracting more bids - and frequently said so, so IMO it was important to let them know that we were all desperately trying to bid but coming up against a number of different problems. I certainly gave prompt positive feedback when the sound and video streaming problems were resolved.

Lily I think what Lyn is saying is that even after they were made aware of problems with bidding etc. and were frantically working on it, people continued to go on and on about it. They said many times that they were aware of the difficulties and were working on them but people still posted that they couldn't bid! I agree that the Beta testing was to identify any faults and to have them rectified for the formal launch on Monday and that's why a number of people were invited along but I personally agree with Lyn that there was a lack of patience and understanding with some people which is totally unfair.

Like you, I gave positive feedback when the sound problem was resolved although I nearly had a heart attack with fright when it suddenly happened!

diamond-lyn
26-07-2008, 11:11 AM

They most definitely were aware of bidding problems very early on.
(either that or I was watching a different show & reading a different chatline)

Steve apologised several times, once to me personally in fact.

Of course people joining at different stages throughout the evening may not have been aware of this
& so let it be known in the chatroom that they had problems bidding, which is fair enough.
I was refering to the same people who kept repeating 'I can't bid' for hours!
It's obviously something that couldn't be fixed immediately.

Tony poor love must have been exhausted with replying 'sorry we're working on it'
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Diamond-Lyn/File%202/Madtypist.gif
How's your head today hun? http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/knipoog01.gif

Klosblue
26-07-2008, 11:15 AM
What a great night is was last night.Yes there were problems but that is to be expected,that is why there is beta testing.

I loved the live chat thingy,it was lovely being able to chat with you all.As someone who has only recently joined this sight it was a nice way to sort of get to know you,as I know there are many on here who have been aquainted for some time.It is also a nice way for Rocks to get to know their customers and vice versa,as a customer it makes you feel valued.

Maybe it was just me though,but with the chat and their being only 1 item in many of the auctions it put me off bidding for some things(when it let me bid,that is!!:D) because I felt like I would have been snatching something from under people's noses.......you know when someone sneaks into a parking spot that you were patiently waiting for....that sort of thing!:D
I did bag an MT ring though,as there were 20 I felt no guilt,hopefully I'll like it.

I hope to you all there later on.....have a good day folks.:)

:Hiya: Sweetpea

What a great point! I agree with you. There was one piece where Pepsidoodle was winning and I didn't want to bid against her! I suppose we all have to just go for items we want and understand that there's nothing personal in snatching from a friend!!

All's fair in Love and Gems! Easier said than done though. Hope to see you tonight at Rocks TV :Happy1:

diamond-lyn
26-07-2008, 11:17 AM
Me too Klos, in fact I left several rings alone because you were winning! :D

Nessarose
26-07-2008, 11:28 AM
Come on girls where's your sales mentality. http://i135.photobucket.com/albums/q137/mikealsmother/Smilies/handbags.gif

I'm going in under a pseudonym so I can outbid you and still have you speak to me. http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj160/stratus-sebring-cruisers/smilies/angel.gif http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh58/Miert_30stm/smilies/rolleye0012.gif

Pinkpussycat
26-07-2008, 11:30 AM
Not me. I'm still PPC and will go for the jugular. :SUE: :PPC:

Klosblue
26-07-2008, 11:40 AM
I wish I'd thought of that BC! Seriously though I really hope nobody would take offence if a forum friend outbid them. It's bound to happen but that's what it's all about.

Klosblue
26-07-2008, 11:40 AM
Not me. I'm still PPC and will go for the jugular. :SUE: :PPC:

:Laughing1:

Pepsidoodle
26-07-2008, 11:54 AM
:Hiya: Sweetpea

What a great point! I agree with you. There was one piece where Pepsidoodle was winning and I didn't want to bid against her! I suppose we all have to just go for items we want and understand that there's nothing personal in snatching from a friend!!

All's fair in Love and Gems! Easier said than done though. Hope to see you tonight at Rocks TV :Happy1:

Ahhh bless ya ;)

I must admit I nearly swiped something from under someone's nose (can't remember wot or who!!!) but held back at the time... I personally wouldn't be offended as we all have our max prices that we are prepared to pay & if you want something then go for it :D

Pick-a-Lily
26-07-2008, 12:45 PM
All's fair in an auction, it's the whole point isn't it? Otherwise you can just go to the Coloured Rocks website and buy whatever you want at the full price - the prices are still extremely good. (I am seriously considering going for that lovely Blue Topaz & Rose Gold ring that went for 20 some pounds last night - it's only 44 full price).

Tabs
26-07-2008, 12:58 PM
I too would hate to steal someones piece from under their nose, but as PAL says, alls fair in an auction! All you can do if you really want an item all you can do is put your best bid in and hope it gets you the piece.

sweetpea
26-07-2008, 01:10 PM
Okie dokie folks.......that's it...gloves are off....I will take no prisoners!!:D

diamond-lyn
26-07-2008, 02:21 PM
I won a Citrine Ring but it went AWOL on the way to my basket! I think maybe "Tigerlily" or some other pseudonym stole it!!

.... ... ..... http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Diamond-Lyn/k071011.gif

OMG Klos I just read that! http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Diamond-Lyn/funny-1.gif .... http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/thfunnyROFLMO.gif

http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Diamond-Lyn/behave.gif .... .... funny though! http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/7smiliessayingsa.gif

and I appreciate you not using a ch between the t & the o

If I had used that name can you imagine it when Steve reads out the chat-room messages! http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/laughs_7.gif

Poor Craig, we give him enough stick on the other forum http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Diamond-Lyn/Embarressed.gif

.... guess we'd better give him a break on this one http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Diamond-Lyn/t481281.gif

http://i302.photobucket.com/albums/nn107/loobylindylou/comments%20photos/STALKING.gif http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll123/Diamond-Lyn/m08611-1.gif

K.linette
05-08-2008, 08:06 PM
Had my huge weekend haul of goodies from rocks this morning, am realy pleased with them I will have no probs bidding and buying in future!
Plus the added bonus of 5...yes 5 books!
No need to buy any presents for a long time i'm well and truly stocked up!!

:D