Made Jewellery

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowj63

Registered Shopper
Im sorry but this is over priced even more sadly so as I am sure those that make it get virtually nothing for their hard work.
Surely brass would reacte with the skin anyway
:devil:

Im sorry but this is over priced even more sadly so as I am sure those that make it get virtually nothing for their hard work.
Surely brass would reacte with the skin anyway
:devil:

Well yes, it's a copper alloy so will start going green.....as will you once you've worn it for a bit! lol
It would have to be polished up & then varnished to prevent your skin & the air triggering off the verdigris process! :thinking2:

I find myself a bit repulsed by the idea of 'bone'. I know it's a natural material, good use of something that would otherwise be thrown away, etc., so I'm sure it's completely irrational.

I find myself a bit repulsed by the idea of 'bone'. I know it's a natural material, good use of something that would otherwise be thrown away, etc., so I'm sure it's completely irrational.

I feel the same AllThatGlitters. I inherited a Victorian bone flower brooch, it's very pretty but somehow just makes me shudder and I've never worn it.:sad:

I agree, the designs in this range are nit bad, but those prices are hard to justify for brass and recycled materials, even with them being fair trade...

I feel the same.

I wanted to like it...and I mostly did as I love gold-tone jewellery.

But the prices...reduced by a third (at least) I may have gone for something. Funky and unusual, but the prices were rather silly. What a wasted effort. The guest looked very disappointed.

£37 for a BRASS bracelet?????
Oh come on???? Who the hell thought that was a good price even if it is fair trade. Some Oxfam shops also have fair trade jelwellery, but not for that much!

It would take a lot more than free p&P to get me to spend that amount of money on brass jewellery!!!! :eek:

After seeing the little preview ad, I thought it looked a bit different and worth a look. I was very surprised at the prices as it will discolour and it's not even silver. I'm all for fair trade but I also expect fair prices.:sad:

Latest posts

Back