Meet Captain Jack Sparrow et al.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Oops-a-daisy!

I've done it again!
Jack_Sparrow_1-1.jpg

Oops, sorry wrong photo! :giggle:

Well, I wish it were the real deal, but this is Captain Jack Sparrow of the gem world! He’s devilishly handsome, very colourful and a little bit rough!:tongue2: P.S. I’m going for counselling soon I promise! :taphead:
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UYW0813&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
He’s a weighty pendant (about 1 ½” in length) and has a good graduation of colour. The sapphires are nice and clean and the diamonds are bright, white and sparkly. The pinks look lovely in daylight but at night they really become intense. My only reservation is the price (even though I got a 10% discount) and the fact that it’s been set into 9 ct gold. Hmmmmm..... I do love it though and you don’t see this type of jewellery very often, so do I keep it or not?

PSapphiregradpend4.jpg

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UWW2923&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
I snatched this Tahitian Pearl in the clearance. It’s a 11mm perfectly round pearl with no blemishes and a good lustre. It’s so good you can see the camera lens reflected in the pearl and you can’t see how green it is! The diamonds are nice and sparkly, though you don’t see this in the photo either. In fact, let’s face it, it’s just a rubbish photo. :doh:
TPearlpendant2.jpg

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UBI3101&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
I was all set to send this pink and white diamond ring back, but although it’s petite, it is unbelievably sparkly. The white central diamond is at least ¼ ct and because the colour is so white, it looks great to the naked eye. I’d guess it’s an SI2, but I’m really impressed how it performs in all lights. It was £225 in the clearance.
GemsPinkDiamondring2.jpg

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UKD5483&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
The 3D effect of this fancy sapphire caught my eye. It’s just over 1” in diameter and the colours are nice and vibrant without being garish. I think there’s still one floating around on the web atm. It sits nicely on the neckline despite the loopy design.
GemsRScirclependant2.jpg
GemsRScirclependant4.jpg

http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UCQ0972&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
Lastly if you’re still awake,:yawn2: this is a Multicolour Citrine pendant I found on the web in the clearance. I don’t do yellow, but this caught my eye with the banding of colours. It’s very well made, superbly cut, set into gold and a steal at £19.
GemsMCcitrinepend1.jpg

P. S. I'm going to be having nice dreams tonight methinks! If Johnny's not around, Orlando Bloom will do! :muscle: :wink2:

Yes, Yes, Yes ... of course you have to keep the pendant!
It's beautiful, you love it and you'll only regret it if you do send it back.
There you go, decision made. :cheeky:

Love all your other pieces too, especially your pink and white diamond ring. :clapping:
Why do they rarely have pretty pinkies in YG and never when I'm watching? :sad:

I've plumped up a cushion for you on the wagon and you can dream about anyone you like as we bump along. :giggle:

They are all gorgeous, I lurve that pink and white diamond ring, enjoy wearing them all hun.
p.s Sorry, It's my turn for ol Jack Sparrow tonight lol

What did i tell you in a previous post :grin: as you are so happy with the colour grading keep it as i can be hit and miss my Tsavorite one was not so good so went back!
Love the pink diamond ring and the TP and a great price with the citrine, what a fabulous delivery x

Edit whoops forgot the sapphire swirl- how different i love it!

The pink diamond ring is gorgeous and the TP pendant is lovely. 'Fraid the others are not my cup of tea though. Sorry x :sad:

I'm Captain Jack Sparrow....savvy?

I've had such a treat looking at all your lovely acquisitions Oopsie, that I thought you deserve a treat in return.
So for you and all fans (including moi) of Capt JS......

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdUo4e1_eI8&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/FdUo4e1_eI8&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

PS there is a nice musical accompaniment.......so turn up your volume!
Oh.....and sweet dreams. :sleepy:

I think it's all scrummy Oops, but to be honest I'm struggling to concentrate on anything else as the pink sapphire has stolen my heart! xxxx

You know my thoughts already but will post here anyway!

Pink sapph pendant - it would annoy me at that price to get 9k gold also. However, the design is striking (and unusual) and the colour grading is lovely. For that price, you're going to have to get a lot of wear out of it. You know my trick - how will you feel if you package it up and went to the Post Office? Would you be able to hand it over or are you going to be loitering with intent when the post office van turns up to get it back? My only other question is, will the price always get in the way of you loving it? If it won't then keep it. You know I've sent something back that I loved but I just thought was too expensive.

TP - yummylicious!

Rainbow Sapp pendant - love the design - very unusual. I haven't seen a 3D design before in this range. A definite keeper.

Pink and White Diamond Ring - Mmmmm, the jury's out on this one. I've been thinking about this a lot over the past few days as you know I have a similar one on order. I'm wondering whether the reverse colourway will be right for me? I love a pink diamond centre with white surrounds. I'm not sure if the reverse colourway grabs me? Having only seen it in pictures I'm struggling to know how I really feel about it. How do you feel about it? Does it look "right"?

Citrine pendant - Ummmmm. I can see why you got it because it's interesting BUT I know you'll NEVER wear it!!! One for the bottom pressie draw me thinks!

Well, I think they are all lovely, the pink sapphire pendant is stunning...9carat or otherwise:) I think the real star for me would be the multicolour citrine pendant....i personally would wear it day in day out! Enjoy your keepers :)

All lovely Oops, a great haul, but I cannot understand why they put the pink sapphires (and apparently all of this range) into 9k gold. You don't find anything under 14k in most countries (although very cheap ranges in Germany come in 10k I think) and I think 9k just cheapens the range which imo at the price is just unacceptable. Still very pretty though.

Thank you all for your thoughts. I don't think I can bear to part with the pink sapphire pendant. If I let it go, I'd probably be chasing the mail man all the way back to Gems Towers. :giggle: I have just one pair of Demented Garnet earrings to come tomorrow, and then I'll be joining you on the wagon Fluff! It's going to be beans, beans, beans for the rest of the month as it is.

I enjoyed watching the U-Tube video Sacha, so thank you for putting a smile on my face today. It's given me some ideas, so we're off to the DIY stores now to look for some chandeliers - wohoo!

Meesh, I can understand your thoughts on the pink/white combination. In the photo, there is quite a strong contrast between the white and the pinks, but irl it's more subtle and the colours do work well together. You know how the heart pendant was more flesh like in colour, well the pink diamonds in this ring are more of a rosy petal pink. I'm not sure if this has helped. I think you should buy that ring to see for yourself! :wink2:

Mxx

Hello everyone I hope you are all well this evening :happy:

Now, Oops-a-daisy, your pieces are beautiful.

If you can afford to keep the pendant then keep it! I personally wouldn't let the fact it's 9 carat put me off but then I don't know what you paid for it. It's lovely and I'd be very happy to try it out for you so let me know if you want my address - I'm very good that way!

The Fancy Sapphire pendant is stunning and as a sapphire lover I'm quite picky so for me to like it, it must be nice!

I love the TP too and would wear the citrine as an every day piece as it's very pretty too.

The diamond ring is difficult to judge from the picture but again it looks very pretty.

Well done you for a fantastic haul!

:angel: 3 Days, 0 Hours and 54 Minutes :sun:

All lovely Oops, a great haul, but I cannot understand why they put the pink sapphires (and apparently all of this range) into 9k gold. You don't find anything under 14k in most countries (although very cheap ranges in Germany come in 10k I think) and I think 9k just cheapens the range which imo at the price is just unacceptable. Still very pretty though.

I totally agree jacqualina. I wouldn't have even been thinking twice about keeping it, if it had been set into 14k or even better 18k gold.

Please excuse my brief interruption Oops. xxx

I'm so pleased to see you are breezy today Klos, but am concerned this could mean that you haven't seen the newsflash that Scotland has been sold to the Americans :sad: xxx

Hello everyone I hope you are all well this evening :happy:

Now, Oops-a-daisy, your pieces are beautiful.

If you can afford to keep the pendant then keep it! I personally wouldn't let the fact it's 9 carat put me off but then I don't know what you paid for it. It's lovely and I'd be very happy to try it out for you so let me know if you want my address - I'm very good that way!

:angel: 3 Days, 0 Hours and 54 Minutes :sun:

Thank you Klos. That's very generous of you. :lolwave: It was a bargain though cos I bought it in the clearance sale! :thinking2:

I love all of your choices Oops - the pink sapphire especially is just stunning. :clapping:

I got the same TP in the mega whatsit and it is lovely, I'm glad you got a good one too.

Congratulations on a lovely haul..

Hi Oopsie, its me again, glad you enjoyed the video clip, I watched it twice. :mysmilie_738.gif:

I didn't really comment on your gorgeous haul as when I first viewed your post as I wanted to get the Youtube clip posted.
And only later did I see all the pretty pictures, so many thanks for posting them.

They did highlight how lovely and colourful your pieces were, particularly the pendants and I have to say that all three were my great favourites. To start at the end I agree with Tabs, I really did like the mixed colours, facetting and I guess rather substantial gold setting of the Citrine pendant, it all went together so well. So I hotfoot it straight to the Clearance website (which I usually forget about) and nabbed the one remaining Multi colour Citrine pendant left, similar to yours but not identical (twas only £18 +) and popped it onto me order. Whilst I was looking I also came across an 18YG Tanzanite pendant in a rather elaborate (for Gems) setting and shoved that in me basket also......:ANYWORD: Tut tut!

The coloured Sapphire pendant is so unusual, I haven't seen that before, but I'm really quite taken with it, so very well done for snatching that one. I bet its looks very colourful and striking on.

And finally, what's left to say about the Shades of Nature PS pendant, the photo shows it up magnificently and I know that pink is your favouritest colour, so the only doubt that lingers I suppose is the cost. Well I don't know what that was but just wondered if it is even feasible to find a comparable piece elsewhere for the same money, in this country or even abroad and then to incur VAT and C& E extra charges etc. As Meesh says the test is if you can bear to return it without a second thought and if you can't then.......its a keeper.

Hope you got your chandeliers......but if you ever want them cleaned, better not get the boys from Peckham to do it! :giggle:

Last edited:
Please excuse my brief interruption Oops. xxx

I'm so pleased to see you are breezy today Klos, but am concerned this could mean that you haven't seen the newsflash that Scotland has been sold to the Americans :sad: xxx

1.gif

2 Days, 22 Hours and 17 Minutes
18.gif

Latest posts

Back