Leg Magic TSV

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

It reminds me of that same gizmo that US actress Suzanne Sommers got us to buy in the late '80's...think it was called the thigh master...anyways you sat there with what looked like a pair of handles between your legs and squeezed on it. It all seemed great until people started turning up at their GP's and Out-Patients with severely sore inner thighs:grin:

However! The cgi promo for this product that they are showing has to be one the rudest things I've seen:blush: The have this nekkid cyber lady on the equipment with her legs opening and closing...even Anthony was smirking when they came back from showing it!

Oh, and I'm not sure why the same animated lady has a HUGE shelf of a butt - is that a benefit of using this product...or not...?:devil:

tvs

I can confirm that this product is excellent!

The handles are great for shirts after they've been ironed and when it's folded up, t-shirts can be kept flat on the paddles.

:cheeky:

I can confirm that this product is excellent!

The handles are great for shirts after they've been ironed and when it's folded up, t-shirts can be kept flat on the paddles.

:cheeky:

Sounds every bit as good as a running machine I bought some years ago .... :tongue

I have one and if its exercise you want it for I can confirm its brilliant. I do 200 every 4 times a week. I do them in sets of 50 though as buy the time you get to 40 you can really feel it working the inner and outer thighs and bottom. Its very good for keeping those areas toned. I brought mine ages ago and it folds up out the way.

I'm obviously not as fit as you Dazzler coz I bought one last year and couldn't even move on it. It felt really slippery and unsafe to me and really strained my back. I really wanted it to work as it seemed so simple for us folk that are scared of the gym. Needless to say it went back!!

You must be in fantastic shape Dazzler - good on you!

I have one and if its exercise you want it for I can confirm its brilliant. I do 200 every 4 times a week. I do them in sets of 50 though as buy the time you get to 40 you can really feel it working the inner and outer thighs and bottom. Its very good for keeping those areas toned. I brought mine ages ago and it folds up out the way.

I have one of the older models too and use it all the time. Like Dazzler, I do my exercise in sets of 50, it's pretty tough and you really feel it working. Very quick and easy to use.

Like any machine though you have to use it regularly and you have to do it with proper form, otherwise you're going to get nowhere. I use this as an add-on to my existing exercise routine, as most machines I use concentrate on forward motion. Whilst great for your glutes that does nothing for your inner/outer thighs really. Leg magic works those areas really well. For an extra workout, I don't use the handle bar and it helps top up core strength too.

I'm obviously not as fit as you Dazzler coz I bought one last year and couldn't even move on it. It felt really slippery and unsafe to me and really strained my back. I really wanted it to work as it seemed so simple for us folk that are scared of the gym. Needless to say it went back!!

You must be in fantastic shape Dazzler - good on you!

HI Catkins,

Thank you catkins- I try my best.

Do you wear trainers on it, because I always find they give a good grip when standing on the footplate, any other footware found me slipping all over the place.

if you want something to improve your back why not try a full body massager mat with heat. This really massagers all parts of your back and penetrates heat at the same time, its very relaxing and I find when my muscles are tired this really helps. Think it will help your back and will strengthen it too.

I have one of the older models too and use it all the time. Like Dazzler, I do my exercise in sets of 50, it's pretty tough and you really feel it working. Very quick and easy to use.

Like any machine though you have to use it regularly and you have to do it with proper form, otherwise you're going to get nowhere. I use this as an add-on to my existing exercise routine, as most machines I use concentrate on forward motion. Whilst great for your glutes that does nothing for your inner/outer thighs really. Leg magic works those areas really well. For an extra workout, I don't use the handle bar and it helps top up core strength too.

Yes I remember you saying PG you have one too. Glad you are still enjoying yours. You are quite right you do have to use it regular. I find if I have a week of from using mine its alot harder trying to do 50.

Great tip about not using the handle bar. Thanks for that I am going to try that in my next exercise session on Thursday.

Thanks Dazzler I might well give that a go as my back does seem to be my weakest area. I did wear trainers on the Leg Magic but it still seemed to be straining my back. Maybe I need to sort my back first before trying anything else.

Thanks Dazzler I might well give that a go as my back does seem to be my weakest area. I did wear trainers on the Leg Magic but it still seemed to be straining my back. Maybe I need to sort my back first before trying anything else.

Just had a look on QVC website but they dont have any massagers at the moment so try Argos, they had some last time I looked, you want the mat that you can lay on the floor with or the bed and get the one with infared heat. John lewis may stock them too. Yes I agree sort your back first I think anything will strain it until its become strong again. Hugs and good luck xxxxxxxxxxxx

I bought their original one a few years ago. It is somewhere in the dining room underneath the treadmill, the Orbitrek, the pilates reformer, the AB lounge, the Malibu Pilates Chair and my Pro-Steam Plus with steam burst, automatic shut-off and temperature control.

I can stay on it for about 30 seconds before pulling various groin muscles. I take my hat off to that lady on the tele who can stay on it for hours at a time.

I might go and dig it out and have another go. :sleepy:

Once again I've been inspired by you fitness experts out there and will try my Leg Magic out again. My legs and bum really need some extra work - my top half is smaller (14/16) but my bottom half lets me down (18/20) so I'm a real pear shape! I do cardio, weights and power plate at the gym but I think this might give me a bit of a boost.

Not sure what I'm going to do with my washing now though............

You only need to be on it a 2-3 secs and start with just 50 and then build up to doing 100 and then try to get to 200. You dont need to go on it for hours to get results. You will find after a couple of secs your heart rate will be up, and the next day you will feel it in your legs. its a good quick workout!

it is a good price I saw this new version on an infomercial yesterday and it was about £70.

Well DD is still wittering on about it this morning, so I suppose it might be worth a go & that area is her most disliked about herself & it's her money she's spending........! lol
Was just a bit concerned by some of the reviews on A****n that mentioned back & knee strain as DD has had a few sport related back problems but she is convinced most of them probably just weren't using it correctly! :wonder2:

I have one the original model in the garage if any one wants it just let me know and I will post it to you.(for the cost of the P&P)
Now my legs have given up the ghost I will never be able to use it again. I was going to freecycle it but am so fed up of all the people who only ever want something that I haven't bothered

I have one the original model in the garage if any one wants it just let me know and I will post it to you.(for the cost of the P&P)
Now my legs have given up the ghost I will never be able to use it again. I was going to freecycle it but am so fed up of all the people who only ever want something that I haven't bothered

Gah, pooh sticks......DD just bought the TSV! Story of my life! lol

Agree about Freecycle, OH thinks they just sit there refreshing all blinkin' day, as anything remotely decent is nabbed within 0.5 seconds of it being posted! :sad:

I bought this a couple of years ago as a TSV !, have to say if you stick at it your heart rate does go up !, I use it every now and again tend to do a minute and then go back every hour and do another minute !. It does fold to a good size unlike my other "must have but never used equipment !". I am sure this as a cheaper price than I paid too !.

Latest posts

Back