JF's mispronunciations

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

fairynuff

Registered Shopper
Is it just me being in a hyper-critical mood or does anyone else cringe every time Jill Franks pronounces a word wrongly?

In this morning's Kipling show she has constantly referred to the guest presenter as Marie-Francois instead of FrancoisE

eXpresso brown instead of eSpresso

bran new

grr... and the other day in an Artscape show I heard her saying MerloT talking about a vineyard design

oh and not forgetting her favourite "devor" to describe the burnt-out technique on velvet.

Director, please have a word or two in her ear before she drives me insane!

Always annoys me when she refers to lip glosses being 'glooky' rather than 'gloopy'...I think she has her own Frank's vocabulary:confused2:

OMG, this drives me nuts!! And i'm glad it's not just me who noticed :hi:

Also, during the Birkis hours she always says 'Papilo' instead of 'Papilio'. The guest corrected her once and when Jill protested that she'd NEVER learn to say it the right way (it does have FOUR syllables after all...), the guest smiled and very patronisingly said 'well Ok Jill, you say it whatever way you can'. It was hilarious!!

Tx

While JF's use/misuse of words irritates me no end, it's JR's use of Numba which drives me round the twist!!

I heard her mispronounce "eau de toilette" during a L'Occitane hour. It was the one where she and Alexis were discussing how awful it would be having to share a bathroom with your husband. Well I might only have one bathroom and one toilet (or should that be toilette) but I can pronounce toilette.

The thing that does annoy me is people mispronouncing "pronunciation"!

Is it just me being in a hyper-critical mood or does anyone else cringe every time Jill Franks pronounces a word wrongly?

In this morning's Kipling show she has constantly referred to the guest presenter as Marie-Francois instead of FrancoisE

eXpresso brown instead of eSpresso

bran new

grr... and the other day in an Artscape show I heard her saying MerloT talking about a vineyard design

oh and not forgetting her favourite "devor" to describe the burnt-out technique on velvet.

that's pretty common, fairynuff. espresso is my fave coffee and every time i order, they always say "you would like an eXpresso?" and i always reply "not an eXpresso, eSpresso please".

She often refers to a chaise lounge, instead of a chaise longue, which grates on me.

Another one that she and many of the presenters are guilty of is calling it embroidery anglais, rather than broderie anglaise.

[...]
bran new

[...]

Anthony does that all of the time. Drives me nuts, too.

[...]

The thing that does annoy me is people mispronouncing "pronunciation"!

But surely you mean 'pronounciation', BB? :D

While JF's use/misuse of words irritates me no end, it's JR's use of Numba which drives me round the twist!!

Another one that drives me crazy is the guest from Exmoor Foods (used to be with Buccleugh). He always says 'and they're 8 (or however many) in number.'

Of course it's 'in number'! It is a bliddy number!!! What else is it going to be? And he does it every single time. :headbang:

Another one that drives me crazy is the guest from Exmoor Foods (used to be with Buccleugh). He always says 'and they're 8 (or however many) in number.'

Of course it's 'in number'! It is a bliddy number!!! What else is it going to be? And he does it every single time. :headbang:

p'raps he meant ''ate'' :D

p'raps he meant ''ate'' :D

From the look of him! In fact, he actually puts me off buying any of the food he promotes, as I always think 'eat this and you, too, could have a body like his'. I know it's not fair and I wouldn't be tempted to buy food from somebody who looked too thin either, as I'd think they had no appreciation or enjoyment of food, but I do find him offputting.

he heeeee very funny, I noticed this and my OH and I decided that may be it was some sort of butcher professional term :) :giggle::giggle:

Latest posts

Back