Today's delivery - opinions please

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Greenie

Addicted to bling
Hi, received my delivery today with 6 items in it.

Those of you who remember my previous post re. the andesine ring which was crooked, well I sent that back today. In today's delivery there were 2 andesine rings so I've now got to decide which one to keep. And that's where you come in...! Neither of them are as red as the one I sent back but then again they're a smaller gem and cheaper too! The round one is a bit more orangey than the other one. They're both white gold and both have diamonds in the shoulders.

The third pic is a white gold tangerine garnet which was in the clearance, but it's so riddled with inclusions that there's no sparkle to it, so it'll go back.

The fourth pic is white gold zultanite with diamonds. I've always wanted a zultanite and again this was in clearance at £140. It's a bit paler than I would have liked but it's still nice. But do you think the price is good? I know zultanite is expensive and whilst I'd like bigger, I ain't gonna afford it!

The last pic is a green tourmaline ring and pendant, again white gold and diamonds. They don't quite match in colour - I like the darker colour of the pendant - but they'll be worn far enough apart. Not sure whether to send for a darker coloured ring.

Your opinions are valued. And in the meantime, I'll keep putting them on and taking them off, and waving my hand underneath the halogen spotlights...

Attachments

• Andesine 1.jpg
    Andesine 1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 220
  • Andesine 2.jpg
    Andesine 2.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 209
  • DSC03028.JPG
    DSC03028.JPG
    12 KB · Views: 212
  • Zultanite.jpg
    Zultanite.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 235
  • Tourmaline 2.jpg
    Tourmaline 2.jpg
    19.7 KB · Views: 215
Hi Greenie....you've been a busy girl!!

My thoughts for what they are worth......andesine ring...I prefer the first one,looks a nicer colour to me and I think the style is nicer.Zultanite I have no experience of so cannot help at all with that one.
The green tourmaline.....nice classy looking set but the ring looks very pale to me,shouldn't it be a much deeper green,like the pendant? It doesn't look like green tourmaline to me at all in the pic so I think I would try and get another one if you can.

I hope you enjoy the pieces you decide to keep though :)

The first Andesine ring would be my choice...looks a much "livelier" stone to me. The Green Tourmaline is very light, the ones i have are much closer to a "bottle/forest" green than the one you posted.

Good Luck making your choices, and enjoy your keepers :)

Last edited:
I also like the first andesine ring, i don't have zultanite so can't help there sorry but i do think maybe the tourmaline ring would be nicer in a darker shade but thats just my opinion
enjoy your new bling x

Andesine Rings - The first one is a slightly better colour but it does have some extinction. As you move it can you areas of black? I don't like orange in an Andesine and for me, it has to be red so the second ring wouldn't be my choice. I also like the clean lines of ring one BUT it's you that has to wear it!!! Which do you prefer as there's not a lot in it and I think this comes down to personal preference.

Zultanite - Honestly? It's not a good Zultanite and it has a window. I'm sure you can get nicer so I'd hold out for a better one if I were you.

Green Tourmaline - the ring is very pale for a green tourmaline and the more "normal" colour is a bottle green but the pendant doesn't seem to be a bottle green either! If you're trying to match with the ring I think it will be a difficult task finding one as pale as your ring. However as you say, they're going to be far enough apart for them not to match and just to "tone" IYKWIM!!! So, if you like the colour, design etc etc you should perhaps consider keeping it.

Its the first one for me it was you that kept beating me to the andesine was it must have gone for all the games and didnt get one

Thanks all for your opinions - keep 'em coming though!

You seem to be thinking along the same lines as me. I prefer the 1st andesine ring as it is more red than the round one. After reading Meeshoo's post, yes it is showing areas of black extinction but not that much, and to me it doesn't detract. I will probably keep this one.

It's not a good picture of the Zultanite. Looking at it on my finger, now that the light is fading, it's a lovely olivey green colour. And although it does have a window, it is really clear and sparkly. I do like it and may end up keeping it.

I am going to go with your opinions on the GT ring and probably send it back, but am toying with keeping the pendant. It's a nice shade of green, darker than the ring, and it's a pretty pendant even if I don't have the ring to match.

Its the first one for me it was you that kept beating me to the andesine was it must have gone for all the games and didnt get one

Sorry Tequila - and it doesn't look like I'll be sending it back either x

todays delivery-opinions please

your delivery was much better than mine this is the crap ruby bracelet i got first time i have seen dirty purple rubies what do you think

Last edited:
Hello folks :)

Greenie - I prefer the style of the first Andesine too. Sorry but the Zultanite just doesn't do anything for me as it just doesn't have the colours I would expect to see. As for the Green Tourmaline, the pendant looks nice but again I think the ring is too light.

Tequila - To be totally honest here I agree with you 100% about your ruby bracelet!

I got my Yellow Diamond ring today (as per another post) and it's totally YUK!! It's the first time I've bought from Gems TV in a year and it most definitely will be the last. So sad how the mighty have fallen.

2 Hours and 42 Minutes

i bought 3 rings also see other post and they are stunning but this perhaps its me and i havent seen enough rubies but this looks nothing like a ruby does any one have an email address for one of the Gems managers i would love to send this picky to him so he can see what crap some of his stock is

your delivery was much better than mine this is the crap ruby bracelet i got first time i have seen dirty purple rubies what do you think

Oh sorry Tequila, but yes the bracelet is crappy, and it looks crappy on the telly too. Such big pieces in silver at that price were only ever going to be crappy. I think it's more of a fun piece myself and not to be taken seriously as Gems presenters would have us do. xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hi Greenie - I have no idea about quality, but love most of the greens in tourmaline. Are those you have the more olive coloured ones? I have a very expensive, rich forest green one that I've had for a good few years and it's a lovely old fashioned piece in that it is thick with yellow gold. I also have cheaper and lighter ones (the olive kind of shade) and actually love them all. As in all thin gs, horses for courses I suppose. xxxxxx

Hello folks :)

Greenie - I prefer the style of the first Andesine too. Sorry but the Zultanite just doesn't do anything for me as it just doesn't have the colours I would expect to see. As for the Green Tourmaline, the pendant looks nice but again I think the ring is too light.

Tequila - To be totally honest here I agree with you 100% about your ruby bracelet!

I got my Yellow Diamond ring today (as per another post) and it's totally YUK!! It's the first time I've bought from Gems TV in a year and it most definitely will be the last. So sad how the mighty have fallen.

2 Hours and 42 Minutes

So sorry to hear about your yellow diamond Klos again, and again, and again :devil: xx

2 Hours and 42 Minutes

I don't suppose I can say "I told you so"????????? :giggle:

Thanks Argey. Nice of you to take the time out to say how sorry you are yet again :) Especially since you'll have a very busy time coming in a couple of months and lots of preparation to do for it like polishing your broomstick?
3.gif
1.gif

1 Day, 23 Hours and 25 Minutes and Counting
vampire-smiley-21.gif

Latest posts

Back