Bodi Tek Vibration thingy!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MIKE040249

Registered Shopper
Evening all!

Has anyone ever bought/tried the Bodi Tek Vibration thing that was on the fitness programmes today?

Today's Daily Mail said that for over 50's, which myself and the current Mrs Mike are, can get just as fit as going to the gym using a machine like this, and in a fraction of the time.

Any comments - apart from cobblers that is??

Yes I have one and I rate it big time. Its excellent for circulation. Just stand on it and it tones and firms you whole body you dont have to do any exercises on it as it does the work for you really. It will make you lose weight if its weight loss you are after, and you dont need to go on it for long, keep using it regular for results. Hope this helps.

I have this one too and its excellent the great thing is after doing 15 mins you feel as if you've worked out for an hour and also the one they had on today doesn't take up too much room either best exercise equipment I've ever bought

Dazzler and Jo will be able to tell you better, but as I understand it the vibration destabilizes you forcing your muscles to act to keep you balanced. The speed of the vibration means that your muscles are contracting hundreds of times a second, giving them a thorough workout.

I covet one of these machines.

This sounds good - are the 'cheap' ones as good as the more expensive ones as I have seen them range in price from just over £100 to several hundred +???

How does it do that for you though - just by vibrating?

Hi there,

Yes thats correct it does just vibrate, it has quite a few speed settings on it. What it does is it causes your muscles to contract and detract without you personally hvaing to make them the machine does it for you and then this is equilivent to doing exrecises yourself. It burns more calories then running on a treadmill, however you stuill really need to do some cardio work as what this machine does not do is get your heart rate up and make you sweat and get put of breath so its not doing any work for your heart and lunds, but simply causing muscles to contract.

This sounds good - are the 'cheap' ones as good as the more expensive ones as I have seen them range in price from just over £100 to several hundred +???

Rosey if you have a look on ebay there are usually alot of sellers selling them on there. If you get a small footplate you will find that they are alot cheaper then the bigger footplate and bulkier machines.

Or alternatively Amazon also sell them, John lewis ( but they may be a bit pricey) dont even consider Ideal world or you may have passed away the time you receive their machine, in like a 100 years)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Dazzler and Jo will be able to tell you better, but as I understand it the vibration destabilizes you forcing your muscles to act to keep you balanced. The speed of the vibration means that your muscles are contracting hundreds of times a second, giving them a thorough workout.

I covet one of these machines.

Thats correct Norbitinite .xx

I got one of these off eBay for an excellent price. It had only been used about 3 times so it was in mint condition. Only got it last weekend though and I haven't had a great opportunity to try it properly but after reading yesterday's Daily Mail article I think it will be put to good use.

Definitely worth having a look on eBay because there were quite a few available at the time I searched.

I have some pdfs of excercises for a vibro trainer, not brilliant but if anyone wants them let me know.

Rosey if you have a look on ebay there are usually alot of sellers selling them on there. If you get a small footplate you will find that they are alot cheaper then the bigger footplate and bulkier machines.

Or alternatively Amazon also sell them, John lewis ( but they may be a bit pricey) dont even consider Ideal world or you may have passed away the time you receive their machine, in like a 100 years)
xxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks for the warning Dazzler - would that be because of the ijoy experience ???? I might need one when I am like 100 - it could be the only vibrating enjoyment I get at that age :cheeky:

I have seen them on there for a good price. Will have a look on ebay.

Just a word of warning iwas told at my gym I couldnt use one of these as I sufferd with high blood pressure and it could make it temporily worse and that they can also cause dizziness in some people....

Latest posts

Back