Prepology Knives TSV with chopping boards,August 12th

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

B

BenFongTorres

Guest Shopper
I'm wondering,was this offered as a TSV before? And if so has anyone on the forum purchased a set?,how have they held up etc.

I need a new set of knives and I like the chopping boards so will order a blue set on cheque hold.

Not sure about RED as a colour for a set of knives,slighty macabre dontcha think?,although maybe the goth or vampire in your life would appreciate this colourway.

Yes, I got a green set the last time it was a TSV.

Not bad for the price, the knives are OK, but the green covering on the blade has started to come away. The boards are good, not sure about the microban.

The knifes come very sharp and have stayed that way.

Only issue I have is that the knives did not come with any covers, so they just sit in the draw waiting for my fingers to come close.

Not bad for the price, the knives are OK, but the green covering on the blade has started to come away. The boards are good, not sure about the microban.

Only issue I have is that the knives did not come with any covers, so they just sit in the draw waiting for my fingers to come close.

Probably why they offer the knife block! Not a fan of knife blocks myself - I have ordered the white set because I was so impressed with the Kohaishu knife I bought earlier in the year.

I have an orange set with no boards or blocks but with individual covers for the knives - I have found them very sharp and useful - even my husband thinks it was an ok purchase...

My mum bought a set of the boards last year and they are very good. She has gone for the TSV as she fancies trying the knives.

Like the thread starter, not keen on the red colour!!

My mum bought a set of the boards last year and they are very good. She has gone for the TSV as she fancies trying the knives.

I like red :emo:

Haven't checked out the qvc blurb Tia but just because bamboo in itself isn't colonised by bugs I don't see quite how that extends to actively controlling infection elsewhere. I use bamboo cloths on my face as they're super soft and they don't spread any germs but to me that's not killing off any germs either.

Sorry that's so badly phrased but I hope you'll get what I mean out of it

I don't think it will be much more hygienic than a normal block either, I always wipe my knives before I start cutting whatever veggies ...

I like the block as it is universal, and you can put other knives in.
I have all different knives, as I prefer to buy them separately, and this block would be great to store them

Probably why they offer the knife block! Not a fan of knife blocks myself - I have ordered the white set because I was so impressed with the Kohaishu knife I bought earlier in the year.

I have an orange set with no boards or blocks but with individual covers for the knives - I have found them very sharp and useful - even my husband thinks it was an ok purchase...

I heve some prepology knives, they are excellent, came with covers and very good value for money

Thanks for your reviews everyone,have gone for a blue set.

I like red :emo:

Which is why in my original post I said"...maybe for the vampire or goth in your life.....":p

The best way to store kitchen knives is on one of those magnetic strips. I was worried about them being dangerous but after seeing one in use they seem to be safe

Just make sure it is high enough up the wall to stop stray fingers and to prevent any accidents should you brush downwards against the wall

I am retiring my knife block and going for this option when I build my new kitchen next year

Stuart

I bought one of those knives on a special "try me" deal, as it looked the absolute business, and when I used it, I thought it was ok. Was chopping an onion one day, and OH came into the room and said that looks like hard work, I said no, it's okay.....he handed me one of his hallowed "global" knives and said..."try this"...well, there was a world of difference and it made the qvc knife feel as though I was trying to cut through fabric with a butter knife....I put in back into its box and I never used it again...false ecomony!

I bought one of those knives on a special "try me" deal, as it looked the absolute business, and when I used it, I thought it was ok. Was chopping an onion one day, and OH came into the room and said that looks like hard work, I said no, it's okay.....he handed me one of his hallowed "global" knives and said..."try this"...well, there was a world of difference and it made the qvc knife feel as though I was trying to cut through fabric with a butter knife....I put in back into its box and I never used it again...false ecomony!

Well I find these knives ridiculously easy to use...and quite frankly I wouldn't want to use anything sharper or i'd end up cutting my fingers off.

So they are perfect for me....real economy!

I am sure the Global knives are very good, they should be at the price they are, personally I couldn't pay that type of money for a knife!

Well I find these knives ridiculously easy to use...and quite frankly I wouldn't want to use anything sharper or i'd end up cutting my fingers off.

So they are perfect for me....real economy!

They are very easy to use, used the big one y/day to cut an awkward load of bread and it just glided through the bread!!

Latest posts

Back