centigrade coat going straight back

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
Bought this in "kingfisher blue" last week, it came this morning and is very poor quality, buttons sewn on with a single thread, horrible cut and thin lumpy fabric. Ok it was cheap for a coat (£48 but due to go up to £68) but I had a tsv centigrade coat about 2 years ago which while not fabulous was a very good work coat and lasted for two winters. The limp ugly rag that arrived this morning was deeply creased, very badly made and will be going straight back. Have sent loads of stuff back lately, think they need to up their game re quality control.

I have just discovered this site, think it's brilliant, very useful and highly amusiing too

Bought this in "kingfisher blue" last week, it came this morning and is very poor quality, buttons sewn on with a single thread, horrible cut and thin lumpy fabric. Ok it was cheap for a coat (£48 but due to go up to £68) but I had a tsv centigrade coat about 2 years ago which while not fabulous was a very good work coat and lasted for two winters. The limp ugly rag that arrived this morning was deeply creased, very badly made and will be going straight back. Have sent loads of stuff back lately, think they need to up their game re quality control.

I have just discovered this site, think it's brilliant, very useful and highly amusiing too

What coat was it silversequin? I've had lots of Centigrade and have always been pleased with their quality. Welcome to the site.

Hi Topaz, great to get a reply so quickly. Just popped downstairs to get details, it is 142392. Had another look at the coat and it is even worse than at first sight, the buttons all hang at angles due to having only a single thread attaching them to the fabric. I ordered it cos I was pleased with the Centrigrade coat i'd had a few years ago, but this one......have seen better stuff in Primark and Asda, can't believe the full price will be £69. If you look on the website it looks pretty rubbish but looked fine when the models were strutting their stuff on the live show.

Welcome silversequin.:hi:

Phone CS and they will send you a return label. You shouldn't have to pay to return faulty or shoddy goods.

Welcome to the site, silversequin! :)

It's horrible when your disappointed as you fancy something, order it and hope it looks as goos as it done on screen. £48 isn't dirt cheap (you get cheaper in Primark, Dorothy Perkins, etc.), so it should be better quality than that. Yes, phone CS and get the to sent you a returns label as they're delivery charges are hefty!

Welcome to the gang silversequin! :hi::wave2::handshake::grin::talking::flower:

I'm really sorry your Centigrade coat was such a massive disappointment. I'm off to have a look at it now to ensure that I don't inadvertently order it myself! :D

:hi: Hello silversequin..I bet you'll enjoy this forum more than your centigrade coat! I sent one back last year as it was stiff as a board and really cheap looking. Hope you find a decent coat soon:wave2:

Welcome Silversequin. Sorry to hear about your purchase - bad enough to pay £48 but to think they want to eventually charge folk £68 for it!! Hope you find a replacement soon

Welcome to the forum Silversequin :flower:. Make sure they refund you the initial P&P as well as the coat is obviously faulty if the buttons are hanging off etc. Im sure as we get closer to autumn, there will be loads of lovely coats to choose from so its defintely not worth accepting substandard goods.

Bet

Well, just to shove my twopennorth in - I got my long awaited Centipede Mac this morning that I ordered last week. And it's obviously a return, it absolutely reeeeeks of cigarette smoke. The thing is though, it's a brilliant coat and a superb fit, so I really don't want to send it back - but it has definitely been out to someone else before me. I think I might just grit my teeth and shove it in the washer - but tbh, this returns being sent out again business is getting beyond a joke...my last Centipede coat came with it's collar covered in foundation and hairspray...

Thanks all, you are so right, just saw a green mac in Asda (sadly not my size) and was a work of art compared to the awful coat. I got a grey mac in Primark for £18 two months ago and it's lovely. Have had loads of complimentsand of course much wear due to horrible weathr. Have been thinking about coats a lot today (i,m sad like that) and think will get one from an actual shop as it's quite a major purchase and I need to be happy about it. Love this friendly forum. xxx

Welcome to the madhouse, silversequin. Sorry to hear about your coat, and hope the situation is dealt with quickly.

Latest posts

Back