OMG Shocking News

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
I do hope this isn't true - this concerns the discoverer of Tsavorite, Campbell R Bridges who also has featured in clips on GemsTV:

From: http://www.diamonds.net/news/NewsItem.aspx?ArticleID=27571

"RAPAPORT... The International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA) received an unconfirmed report that an unidentified mob in Kenya attacked legendary Scottish geologist and ICA director Campbell Bridges, his son Bruce and other parties over an unknown dispute at a mine in the Taita Taveta District in Tsavo National Park.

ICA stated that at this time reports indicate that Campbell did not survive the attack; the extent of Bruce Bridges’ injuries is unknown. The group also stated that Campbell’s body arrived in Nairobi a few hours ago accompanied by Bruce. Susie Kennedy, ICA ambassador to Kenya, and other ICA members are sending live reports to ICA headquarters in New York as they happen. Further details will be reported when they are received."

For the ones interested....

http://www.tsavorite.com/history/campbell-bridges.html

I'm going to repeat this thread in The Drop but I hope that Graham and the Mods don't mind me duplicating this.

OMG - Shocking News

I do hope this isn't true - this concerns the discoverer of Tsavorite, Campbell R Bridges who also has featured in clips on GemsTV:

From: http://www.diamonds.net/news/NewsItem.aspx?ArticleID=27571

"RAPAPORT... The International Colored Gemstone Association (ICA) received an unconfirmed report that an unidentified mob in Kenya attacked legendary Scottish geologist and ICA director Campbell Bridges, his son Bruce and other parties over an unknown dispute at a mine in the Taita Taveta District in Tsavo National Park.

ICA stated that at this time reports indicate that Campbell did not survive the attack; the extent of Bruce Bridges’ injuries is unknown. The group also stated that Campbell’s body arrived in Nairobi a few hours ago accompanied by Bruce. Susie Kennedy, ICA ambassador to Kenya, and other ICA members are sending live reports to ICA headquarters in New York as they happen. Further details will be reported when they are received."

For the ones interested....

http://www.tsavorite.com/history/campbell-bridges.html

That's awful beyond words - I hope the reports are wrong - fingers crossed.

Thanks for posting it Meeshoo.

Thats just awful news so sad....Ruth Linnett has just paid tribute to him,thoughts to his family xxx

I've just been in touch with some friends who know the Bridges family and unfortunately it is true. This is just awful. So tragic.

I've just been in touch with some friends who know the Bridges family and unfortunately it is true. This is just awful. So tragic.

Apparently Bruce's injuries, whilst serious, are not life threatening.

Tragic news. :( Kenya and Nigeria are extremely dangerous places to be as corruption and greed are rife in the Government and that attitude filters down. Unfortunately mob mentality rules in most of Africa now and they will kill at the least whiff of money to be made. :pPC:

How sad. It's so easy to forget how dangerous some of these areas are. I just hope it was quick. xxxx

Horrible news, and so so sad for his family.
Indeed most African countries remain very dangerous, especially in business, as there is so much corruption. Especially when you leave the beaten track and go to more remote area's, the risk you will be attacked in substantial.
I hope his son gets home quickly

I can scarcely believe this....just got back from a lovely walk with the dogs, had a good long walk because my friend's husband has just been rushed to hospital with a stroke andI wanted to clear my head, to come back to this very shocking news. I'm actually wearing a bracelet with tsavorite stones today. What a tragic way to be reminded ofthe perils ofthe gem trade, even nowadays.
Thank you for the sad news, Meeshoo.
There will be so many folks around the world who will be touched by this terrible loss to the family of Campbell Bridges and to the gemstone community. I sincerely hope that Bruce makes a full and speedy recovery. All sympathies to the family.

How terribly sad. It is tragic that such a beautiful continent has so many deeply ingrained problems. My thoughts go out to his family, especially his poor son who must be deeply traumatized.

Very sad news indeed.

My prayers for the family and for Campbell Bridges.

A great man, may he rest in peace.

Inge

Latest posts

Back