would welcome any thoughts on Cooks Essentials

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

silversequin

Registered Shopper
Hello lovey forum people, is the Cooks Essentials pans as good they make out. The prices seem ok for the quality and I am quite tempted as need some pans and actually my guillt factor is low when I buy house stuff rather than things I just feel I have to have cos they are "luxuries" i feel i deserve

I purchased my first set of CE pans in February time of this year and for the money I think their value is great. I don't think they will last forever and even though my set came with metal utensils I stopped using them on the pans pretty quick as they did scratch and will, in the long term, shorten the life of the pans. It's great that they can be put in the dishwasher, however I do mostly wash them up as they are still at the 'good non-stick stage' and clean really easily. On the whole I would recommend them, they aren't as amazing as we are made to believe however having had pans that cost twice the price I think these are of comparable value. HTH!!:up2:

Hello lovey forum people, is the Cooks Essentials pans as good they make out. The prices seem ok for the quality and I am quite tempted as need some pans and actually my guillt factor is low when I buy house stuff rather than things I just feel I have to have cos they are "luxuries" i feel i deserve

Hi Silversequin

Here is a thread I started on the same subject http://www.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?t=13380&highlight=cooks+essentials

I should have updated it to say that I received 827245 set of saucepans about 3 weeks ago and have found them FABULOUS!!!!!

The set gives you variety in saucepans/stockpot/steamer/frying pans and the non stick does appear to be as good as they say. I've had none of my usual kitchen disasters and they make me want to cook.

I chose the set that didn't have the silcone handles as I wanted to be comfortable putting things straight off the cooker into the oven without worrying about the heat (the silcone handles are only safe in the oven up to 180 degrees).

I did weeks of research on all types of saucepans before buying these and this really was the best buy I could find.

I'm not being much of a F.A.R.T here, but as a considered purchase (rather than an impulse 4 clicks of the red button and you've bought) go for it! :flower:

I agree with merlin the non stick isn't brill we have had our set for about 3 years now and they are very scratched but the only set I have that the non stick is brilliant is the buffet pans they are brill and the non stick is as good as when we first bought them

I bought a set as a TSV about 6/7 ? years ago. they are not coated inside, so I can use metal implements in them, and I am pleased. I used to have really heavy french cast iron sausepans, and although good, they were soo heavy I could not lift them in the end when they were full. These are much better, but still not all that leightweight either.
I alsi have to mention I have 2 adult children who do not take the greatest of care, and despite burings and baked on unidentifiable substances....... they always come up ok.
I am pleased

Hiya

I have a shallow 'everyday pan' (came with a magnetic trivet) and a small 'buffet pan' with two handles (I think was a try me price) and they are fabulous. I've used the buffet pan to even make a fruit cake, and do pasta, sauces, risotto, loads in it.

The non stick is good - but I use coated utensils and have tried to be fairly careful. They are as easy to clean as they say too - I have an electric hob that takes ages to cool down and left a bit of cheese sauce in the bottom which burned and I just pulled it off the base easily

Must admit I'm tempted by the pressure cooker with the several lids...

:up2::up2::up2:

Cooks essentials are great, I got some casserole pans that I have used pretty much everyday. I dont use metal utensils in them but they do say they have a lifetime guarantee.

Cooks essential are so so I much prefer my La Crusset cookware but I have some non stick from the Autograph range at M+S far superior IMVHO and I say that as a foodie and quite accomplished cook ( as is OH)

:blush:I've been regularly using a set of CE pans that I bought more than 5 years ago. The non stick is starting to show signs of wear and tear, but they have outlived some other pans (significantly more expensive) even one that was left with 3 inches of solid carbon (got distracted when boiling sugar syrup). Never thought for a minute it would be useable again, but it is. Would recommend to anyone

I love Cooks Essentials and have gradually changed all my pots to them. I've never used metal in them as it seems a bit daft when you can buy silicon utensils and they wash up so easily you can just do them in the sink.
I have saucepans, frying pans, casserole pots, steamers, pasta pans, buffet pans and those along with the everyday pans are my favourites and I use them all the time.
Can't cook to save my life but at least I don't burn anything anymore! :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back