Pompoos V B&W

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

babytoes

Registered Shopper
Apart from needing a sick bag last night with all the in jokes and that sequinned monstrosity with his picture on, when they showed the leopard head bracelet I thought it looked like Batman with spots, no where as good as Haralds and such a garish colour. Hands up if you would pay over £400 for SW's book in a box.

I know there are fans of B&W on here, the jewellery isn't my cup of tea at all, and neither is all the sycophantic bum licking that goes on in the shows either. Fair play, some of the money from the book is going to a superb cause - but I still wouldn't want to buy it...

We did laugh at Harald Gloockler when he was on, but underneath all the glitz and glamour with him lies someone who had a really tough upbringing and wants to make a difference to the lives of women. He said that he witnessed his mother being belittled and abused by his father and never wanted to see another woman suffer the way his mother did.

I used to love shopping at B&W, many years ago when we had an occasional trip to London. I admired a great deal of the jewellery which I would describe as classy bling, and it was unusual.
I feel that huge mass production has affected the quality and imaginative design. I still like the odd piece but there is comparable stuff out there at a lower price. I wouldn't pay 400 pounds for the book, as I wouldn't know what to do with it - it's not even a thing of beauty. The only thing of Harald's I liked was the black bow brooch, but I agree that his leopard looked much better....:smirk:

oh the reviews are up for many of the Pompoos pieces. They are getting 5 stars.

Go Harald.

The only pieces of B&W I have are little fairy pins from years ago. Haven't jumped for Harald yet.

We did laugh at Harald Gloockler when he was on, but underneath all the glitz and glamour with him lies someone who had a really tough upbringing and wants to make a difference to the lives of women

Underneath all the glitz & glamour was somebody who appeared to actually have some talent.......! :cool2:

I have quite a bit of b and w and agree that the quality is variable. I bought the Harald crown pin cos it looked great, it's small but looks really good pinned to a black military style jacket I have. Some of the b and w stuff is soo twee and a bit icky looking but I actually would like the book (sad I know) but can't afford it

I brought Harald's crown pin, and it is beautiful, I had been looking for a piece like this, for quite a while. I use it as a pin on my jackets, coats and scarves, and it never looks out of place.:heart::clapping:

I prefer Harald's take on the leopard head, as it looks a lot more substantial, than the B&W piece.

I have the odd piece of b&w jewellery - I don't wear necklaces but am a huge earring fan.I cannot see the appeal in the bags or clothes - they just don't do it for me.

I really could not spend that much money on a (fake) jewel encrusted case and book.I even thought the 40 ish squids book was lost on the qvc viewer - they want bling for their money not books!They didn't seem to shift much and were a bit desperate in flogging it. I imagine those who really wanted the book would have bought it on its release,some weeks before?

I actually really like Simon - I like the way he rebels away from qvc by not wearing an earpiece,interrupting,asking sarcastically can he speak now,between hot picks,summer surprises and oto's! I get the impression,he only comes under certain circumstances - ie by only working late evening,only have ali and renee as amodels and only launching and working with julia.

Cannot comment on the other range,as was on holiday when it aired.I did see catherine gushing about the guest on her blog though:cheeky::cheeky:

i got my Pompoos bead bracelet last week. it is beautiful and well-made. didn't have the chance to enjoy it for long...my friend and neighbour liked it so much, i got it off my wrist and gave it to her yesterday. now i am Harald-free :sad:

i have to agree with Jasper re B&W leopard head jewels. although i love B&W, they look tacky and not well made, unlike Pompoos.

i got my Pompoos bead bracelet last week. it is beautiful and well-made. didn't have the chance to enjoy it for long...my friend and neighbour liked it so much, i got it off my wrist and gave it to her yesterday. now i am Harald-free :sad:

You did whaaaaaaaat?!? Now really WS, there's generosity & then there's.........well, you! lol
Are you going to replace it? Still available I believe?
That was incredibly sweet of you though! :flower:

You did whaaaaaaaat?!? Now really WS, there's generosity & then there's.........well, you! lol
Are you going to replace it? Still available I believe?
That was incredibly sweet of you though! :flower:

aww, thank you, kitten. you are always very kind to me. i may replace it, i may not...not sure yet. i will definetely buy more Pompoos jewels in the future though.

my next pompoos purchase will be, i think, the leopard head pin and earrings.:happy:

Latest posts

Back