My make up stockpile

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveheart

Registered Shopper
After the laura Geller TSV yesterday I decided to go through my make up draw to see if I had any etheral rose blusher. Not only did I have a new one I also found 4 other LG blushers, 4 smashbox blushers, some pout blushers and several other makes. As for lippies and eye shadows I lost count after 20 of each. I also have several highlighters and foundations. This is truly shocking as I don't wear make up for work, just a bit of lippy and I very rarely go out. What on earth made me buy all this from QVC in the first place? Thank goodness for f.a.r.ting. I have come to my senses at last and I will be f.a.r.ting for the forseeable future.

Last edited:
To my shame I found myself watching on *b** a LG eyeshadow I had got and never used. Thankfully I tend to watch items rather than bid straightaway, gives me time to think whether I need them. On checking my stash I have several LG blushers that it will take a lifetime to use up, without going into some of the other things I found. I do wear makeup most days but those baked items take some using. Thank goodness for FARTING. It came along not a moment too soon.

Ive gone through my 3 yes 3 makeup boxes today , it is shameful howmuch I have bought over the past few years , FGS I have 2 unopened tony and tina glitter eyeliners , when on earth did I buy those ???
And more importantly Where did I ever think I was going to wear them ?

After the laura Geller TSV yesterday I decided to go through my make up draw to see if I had any etheral rose blusher. Not only did I have a new one I also found 4 other LG blushers, 4 smashbox blushers, some pout blushers and several other makes. As for lippies and eye shadows I lost count after 20 of each. I also have several highlighters and foundations. This is truly shocking as I don't wear make up for work, just a bit of lippy and I very rarely go out. What on earth made me buy all this from QVC in the first place? Thank goodness for f.a.r.ting. I have come to my senses at last and I will be f.a.r.ting for the forseeable future.

So true Loveheart! Had a sort out today,,,

:sweat:I have so much make up!! I think if I was in charge of stage make up for Prisilla Queen of the Desert it would still be an age til I need anymore!

I have a stash of BE I can't use anymore due to a skin reaction. Models Prefer, Ariane Poole, Benefit etc. I do wear make up everyday but will need several lifetimes with this lot! Must stop buying.. move away from the laptop!

I have at least one of nearly everything she had for sale including 3 B&B in fair (two unused which I will have to sell on as I dont even wear it:52:)

I have lots of Smashbox, MP, YBF, Bobbi Brown, Prescriptives and Philiosophy. I obviously have an addiction so will still get the odd thing but my QVC make up days are over.

I have also a real stack of brushes. Out of all my make up stash, I only ever wear eyeshadow (love smokey eyes) mascara, blusher and lippy. I apply this with the same two brushes.

I even have the wonderful Ultimate Palette from Smashbox but never use it.

What was I thinking! I am so glad to be an old FART :nod:!

Forgot to mention 41 bottles of nail polish. As previously mentioned, none of them stay on but I kept on buying. Ha not any more. I hope to be strong, I can't think that any of the upcoming TSV's will make me go back to my pre f.a.r.ting days.

Forgot to mention 41 bottles of nail polish. As previously mentioned, none of them stay on but I kept on buying. Ha not any more. I hope to be strong, I can't think that any of the upcoming TSV's will make me go back to my pre f.a.r.ting days.[/QUOTE

wow loveheart, you could open a shop with your stashes! well you've confessed now (which is good and step 1 on the way to recovery), so well done and keep F.A.R.T.ing!

Once you have F.A.R.T.ed once, it is so easy to F.A.R.T. , F.A.R.T. and F.A.R.T. again.

Perhaps we should take over Trump Towers as our HQ...

Great thread Loveheart, its like the confessional, I have told all (nearly, lets not go to Nail Varnish land) I have said my Hail Farts and feel much much better. :clapping:

Great thread Loveheart, its like the confessional, I have told all (nearly, lets not go to Nail Varnish land) I have said my Hail Farts and feel much much better. :clapping:

Thanks Bet, I feel better now for confessing too. F.a.r.t loud and stand proud.:angel:

last week I sorted out all my make up, I would need to grow another head to use it all up and then the other head would no doubt need hair products and god alone knows what other ""miracle" products. I have broken Models Prefer stuff that was just rubbish, Smashbox, Scott Barnes (he became one of the "disappeared" like Molton Brown, raved about one moment and then never seen or mentioned again), Laura Geller , Fran Wilson......the list is endless. Tidyed it all up and resolved to buy no more. Was very proud that I did not succumb to LG yesterday, but find self wishing that Liz Earle would do make up

Let me put it this way. If I was buried with my makeup and skincare stockpile. It would take King Tut's tomb to hold it all.

Likewise! There are pics of my stash on MUA and in fairness, mine pales into insignificance compared to some of the laides on there!! But still, I think I have enough now, I almost bought a Too Faced blush in Boots yesterday but firstly I thought of the FARTers, then I realised I probably have about 6 in a similar shade already...so I resisted. This FARTing is going to be the best thing ever!!

Tx

Gosh..am not in the league some of you are..rofl! :wave2: ..but almost succumed to buying a BE Mineral Foundation last week, after using up the trial ones I had, well, gave DD the darker one and wanted to try the Light this time..about to press ~buy~ when I stopped and did a google check (remembering how I always read on here about shopping around) and found the same item £4 cheaper..plus free p&p..so saved myself almost £7..wow! :rock:

daydreamer

Earlier in the year I filled 3 large carrier bags of make up and skincare and took it to the local dump! However my stockpile is expanding at a very alarming rate again. I must consider becoming a FART :LOL:
SELL IT TO ME FARTERS PLEASE :LOL:

Earlier in the year I filled 3 large carrier bags of make up and skincare and took it to the local dump! However my stockpile is expanding at a very alarming rate again. I must consider becoming a FART :LOL:
SELL IT TO ME FARTERS PLEASE :LOL:

Hmm, think about filling those three bags with money and taking them to the dump? That might do it!!

I'm not claiming to be an angel now, I'll still make the occasional purchase (and I'll be at duty free at Heathrow next week so it would be rude not to....!!) but I do consider purchases more carefully now and 'shop the stash' as we call it on MUA. If i feel the need to splurge I'll see what I've already got, usually something I REALLY needed but have hardly used so that disuades me from another purchase.

I've been known to get really frustrated at not being able to find a particular blush etc on eBay only to find I already own it....:thinking2: :drunk:

Tx

Latest posts

Back