I think they may be listening to us!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MissMagpie

If it sparkles - grab it
1. Gavin Linsell is on again - he is pleasant to listen to, informative, and no hard sell whatever - SO much better than any of the other "guests". I tuned in specially to watch him, and have not been disappointed.

2. I've only just tuned it, but the last two items I've seen (a ring with lots of little pink sapphires and a largish morganite pendant) had NO windows. I hope this is the shape of things to come, and not just a happy coincidence!

3. The prices do seem to have reduced quite a bit, especially on the lower-end items. The really expensive things are still overpriced I think, but they "everday" items (which, lets face it, is what most of us buy most of the time) seem more reasonably priced than of late.

Gold weights still seem very skimpy, though - Rocks & Co, if you're listening...

I'd be very happy if this were the case MissM because I still think their designs are the best. I recently sent a whole order back because they had (yet again) run out of one of my items, which just happened to be the one thing I wanted most. I did receive an email to tell me, which I suppose is some sort of progress, but that's all the email was: telling me the item was not available and that's why my order had been delayed. No apology, no explanation - as you can probably guess, I was really annoyed!

Hi Jacqualina, that's rotten for you. As a matter of interest did you buy on the web or by phone?

It was the web, Klos. I'm no IT expert, but it beats me how it can take a company nine months or more to get a decent system in place. I bought some things on the web from Gems during their Meltdown and I have to say their system worked impeccably, even when I had to phone up and have something in my basket changed and a discount code added.

That is really bad luck, Jacqualina - I've had similar things happen, and it is maddening. I'm sorry it's happened to you. Rocks & Co still don't seem to have got their new systems in; though as someone who works in IT I'm not totally surprised by this!

I was drawn to their designs at first, but I'm starting to find a lot of them a bit "samey", and Gems have improved their designs immeasurably (which was not hard, IMO!), so I have rather switched my allegiance of late. (AND they have run out of rainbow moonstone - Tony Diniz told me in response to an e-mail that they can't get any more at the moment!)

It's disgraceful that they are still taking orders online then being unable to fulfil them. I'm sure there's a law/rule against what they're doing. You may remember Meeshoo contacted the ASA about this and asked anyone who had this happen to them to contact the ASA too. I don't buy from them at all but if that happened to me I would be on to the ASA like a shot. It's quite obvious that Rocks are more interested in getting the money and therefore give priority to phone bidders as the sale goes through immediately with them whereas web bidders can empty their baskets. Just another is a long list of reasons why I would never deal with them again.

It's disgraceful that they are still taking orders online then being unable to fulfil them. I'm sure there's a law/rule against what they're doing. You may remember Meeshoo contacted the ASA about this and asked anyone who had this happen to them to contact the ASA too. I don't buy from them at all but if that happened to me I would be on to the ASA like a shot. It's quite obvious that Rocks are more interested in getting the money and therefore give priority to phone bidders as the sale goes through immediately with them whereas web bidders can empty their baskets. Just another is a long list of reasons why I would never deal with them again.

Not quite back up to speed then Kloz, getiing the brain back into gear after a break does get harder as one ages ........ considerably :devil: xxxx

"Kloz"????????????? :Shock: Who's "Kloz"????????????????

Changing my name now Urgey eh? Oh well, I should be pleased that's all you've changed it too - could have been much worse knowing you! :giggle:

Anyway, I'm just getting warmed up again after you made me be nice for a week. Nearly killed me you know!

I just say it as I see it - don't mean to offend any readers/members here but I don't see why I shouldn't say what I feel, afterall it is a forum for everyone to voice their opinions and views isn't it?

I'm sure something will get me started soon :smirk:

"Kloz"????????????? :Shock: Who's "Kloz"????????????????

Changing my name now Urgey eh? Oh well, I should be pleased that's all you've changed it too - could have been much worse knowing you! :giggle:

Anyway, I'm just getting warmed up again after you made me be nice for a week. Nearly killed me you know!

I just say it as I see it - don't mean to offend any readers/members here but I don't see why I shouldn't say what I feel, afterall it is a forum for everyone to voice their opinions and views isn't it?

I'm sure something will get me started soon :smirk:

Sorry Klaus my mind must have wondered for a mo. I've got me Anderson shelter nearly ready, just needs a bit of reinforcing, it was only intended for basic bombery. xxxx

I have bought from Rocks on the web and when the order confirmation and the invoice arrive they are for the wrong amount,one was for £84 more,yes they were all more, none less.I was also charged twice because they said my card hadn't gone through the first time so took it again.
Can you imagine how long I spent on the phone to both Rocks and the card company sorting it out,I no longer expect to be charged the right amount just waiting to be charged less.
Apparantly it's a glitch in the system,how about an apology and a discount voucher for good customer relations.
I just don't think they give a rat's backside for CS.
Yes,that made me feel better.

Latest posts

Back