my Bamix was rubbish

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnieb

Registered Shopper
the first few times it was fine. I made mayonaise that was lovely. Then I went to make some more but the mixture just turned to a water like substance. Then i tried to whip egg whtes, and they too turned watery. It is like the machine is too powerful and breaks down the mol;ecules of the food. I was really disappointed as I only have one arm and it would've been helpful

Oh NO Lynne - how disappointing. I love my Bamix - wouldn't be without it. Got it from the Good Food Show about 5 years ago and it is still briliant. Might be worth phoning their CS and asking them about it. I don't use mine to whip egg whites though. I use my kitchen aid for that.
Love kitchen gadgets... moi?

the first few times it was fine. I made mayonaise that was lovely. Then I went to make some more but the mixture just turned to a water like substance. Then i tried to whip egg whtes, and they too turned watery. It is like the machine is too powerful and breaks down the mol;ecules of the food. I was really disappointed as I only have one arm and it would've been helpful
Possibly your eggs were not as fresh as they might have been? I don't mean they were off but the age of eggs does affect their performance. As far as eggwhites are concerned they won't froth up if there is any grease or faint tracs of egg yolk present. I always follow my school cookery teacher's advice and rinse the bowl and the mixer blades in boiling water before use to remove any traces of grease.

My mother has a Bamix which she's had for over 25 years. It's finally given up the ghost this year but was brilliant while it was working.

i tried other things too. Salad dressing wouldn't immulsify, and a smoothie was moere of a lumpy! . My egg whites weren't contaminated with yolk or grease, so maybe the machine was at fault?

Latest posts

Back