Is it just the women presenters?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

yazrose

Registered Shopper
With alot of threads about the female presenters and how annoying they can be, I was wondering if it is just the women presenters that we find soooooooo annoying.

Jill Franks with her rapid talk and gasps for air.

Alison Young and her ear piercing voice, cannot let a guest speak blah blah blah.

Alison Keenan and her overthetopIcantalkfasterthananyoneonherewithouthavingtobreathandnoIdon'tlikeitwhenaguesttriestotalkcauseitmeansthatIamnotspeaking.

Claire Sutton amd her babie wabie way of talkie walkie.

Julia "I am a small" Queen Bee Roberts.

Catherine Gushy Gushy Huntley.

The ones I like are Pippa Vanderburg, Jilly Halliday, Debbie Greenwood, Kathy Taylor, Sara G, Claudia Sylvester and Anne Dawson.

Out of the men the only one that really gets on my nerves are Richard Jackson, he is very OTT and glen Campbell, fashion.....what fashion?

So is it mainly the women?

Or do you think the male presenters are just as annoying?

I generally only watch beauty shows so they're (almost) always presented by wimmin. I like Pippa, I can put up with JR, Anna Dawson and Catherine Huntley but I tape all the shows now and watch them in the mornings when i'm getting ready so I can zip through anything that starts winding me up!! I don't even tape anything with AY anymore, whatever she's selling I don't need ot THAT badly!!

Tx

I don't really like the way Charlie Brooks sells, although I'm sure that if I met him I'd like him. Just his style, I suppose.

I prefer the women presenters although I like Dale a lot. And Craig. I like Sara G the most. She's smart, elegant, informed, intelligent.

Julian, if you're reading this, we're the same age. Will you marry me?

i genrally only watch shows that have female presenters, i do like Ali young but i do find her anoying but quite funny to watch too even if it is to take the p*** out of her! i also quite like sara g but hate her "in esscence" phrase!can not stand jill franks,alison keenan, ann dawson i turn off when theyre on.all the other female presenters ill tolirate.i dont like charlie and not keen on craige but he has grown on me over time.love julian hes so jenuine but dont watch him alot.

I don't really like the way Charlie Brooks sells, although I'm sure that if I met him I'd like him. Just his style, I suppose.

I prefer the women presenters although I like Dale a lot. And Craig. I like Sara G the most. She's smart, elegant, informed, intelligent.

Julian, if you're reading this, we're the same age. Will you marry me?

i know for a fact he is not on the market. but i am not the (un)lucky one.:giggle:

Although I consider myself a feminist (an old fashioned concept these days!) it's the women presenters who seem to have the power to really annoy me. The men don't put me up nor down.

The only men i can stand are Dale (only when doing jewellery) and Anthony. Simon & Julian are ok - mainly dont see them as i either never watch during the times they present or simply dont watch the shows (eg diy that they present)

I never never watch Craig or Charlie.

While many of the women annoy me for all the reasons mentioned, the ones i cannot watch are Claudia and Catherine. The others i tolerate in small doses

I think it's more to do with whom we like as presentes (or rather their style) or don't like, gender being - ideally - irrevelent. Still heartbroken at Julian being taken. He's with the wrong woman ( grump ).

I like sara the best - along with pippa and jilly hailday.I don't mind catherine,julia or claire - although after reading this forum,I can see what people say about claire and her cbeebies way:thinking2: I quite debbie greenwood too.

As for the men,I do like craig,dale,charlie and glen.I do not seem to catch any simon presenting - and julian tends to hours I don't watch.Occassionally I catch him doing a NN hour - and he seems inoffensive enough - him and his granny! I don't mind anthony either but he never seems to be on.I cannot bear richard jackson or the lock and lock guest.

AY and GF offend me the most.KT and AD - for me - are really hard to watch - they seem to get their words in such a muddle.

I think as women,we form opinions more strongly about other women - on tv or not.Men don't seem to have make up,clothes,mannerisms and various tones of voice to comment on as much.they're just.............men...

I think it's more to do with whom we like as presentes (or rather their style) or don't like, gender being - ideally - irrevelent. Still heartbroken at Julian being taken. He's with the wrong woman ( grump ).

I like Julian too. I remember Alison Young saying that he used to follow the beautiful model Nalintha (sp?) round like a puppy dog he was so smitten with her. As I dont look anything like that gorgeous gal and I am one or two years older than him, I dont think I would have got a look in anyways!

I like Julian too. I remember Alison Yong saying that he used to follow the beautiful model Nalintha (sp?) round like a puppy dog he was so smitten with her. As I dont look anything like that gorgeous gal and I am one or two years older than him, I dont think I would have got a look in anyways!

I remember once julian presenting a jewellery show over a xmas clearance weekend,years and years ago.

A woman called in to comment on the jewellery,and she obviously had a bit of christmas spirit and she went on to say that she was in her early 40's,slim,very petite,great cook anf homemaker and she would love julian to pop round.......poor julian didn't know where to look or what to say:giggle::giggle::giggle:

Everyone seems to like Pippa, and I'm no exception.
I like Debbie Greenwood because she's fairly down to earth.
Jilly Halliday annoys me because she looks so old-fashioned - I keep wanting to tell her to get her hair cut to shoulder length and have her ears pierced.
Won't watch AY or JF if I can help it.

The male presenters don't particularly bother me, apart from R.J. who really irritates me.
Julian can tell me about his Grannie 'til hell freezes over, I'll still listen...:heart:

I have to say I'm not a huge fan of Dale - too smooth for my tastes - or at least he seems to think he's smooth! I didn't used to like Charlie until I met him at a customer event and he is a lovely person. All the other men I'm ok with. I know I'll probably be in the minority with the Dale comments!

Charlie does me in - I just can't bear to watch him at all - not even with the sound off - and I try not to watch Jill Franks either so I'm an equal opportunities hater! :D

I catch myself watching Julian even if he's selling doormats because I like the way he speaks. I love Alison Young's shows even though I can clearly see all the same stuff that drives her detractors crazy. (It just doesn't bother me I guess!) I like her best when she goes "off message" and off at a weird tangent about something. Bless! :giggle:

I don't mind Dale and Craig but I can't stand Julian and I am amazed to hear he's taken cos whoever he is with will have to listen constantly about his Grannie.

i genrally only watch shows that have female presenters, i do like Ali young but i do find her anoying but quite funny to watch too even if it is to take the p*** out of her! i also quite like sara g but hate her "in esscence" phrase!can not stand jill franks,alison keenan, ann dawson i turn off when theyre on.all the other female presenters ill tolirate.i dont like charlie and not keen on craige but he has grown on me over time.love julian hes so jenuine but dont watch him alot.

Crikey, is she still saying that? I had to stop watching her a couple of months ago because I just couldn't bear to hear that one more time! I assumed it must be her phrase of the month (they all seem to go through periods where they have words and phrases that they repeat endlessly) and that she would have dropped it by now. Evidently not.

Julia's useless words and phrases that she draws on constantly are "I'll be honest with you", "to be honest" and the ubiquitious "actually". She's kept them up for at least a couple of years and I wince every time I hear one of them. I recall shrieking at the screen when she criticised Craig's audition because he repeated a word a few times in his presentation. Don't presenters get in-house feedback on their performance/presenting style?

I don't watch these days, but the only presenters I could tolerate when I did were Dale and Julian, and, perhaps, Catherine, but only in non-gushing mode. The rest got on my pip(a), literally, yeah, yeah, yeah, with their col-ahs, shim-mahs, whatev-ahs, for yous, of course, cough, wheeze, gasp, amaaaaaaazing, bran' new, glooky, take a little lurk, I'll be honest with you, let's have a talky-walky while I drink my coffee-woffee, and put on my balance and bwiten, ml for ml value, if you were to buy the full-size product, just fordy pounds, and absolutely superb, will stand you in good stead, er, um, ah, well, oops, er, oh, eeek, ooops, is that broken now, I tell you what, I've run out of my BE foundation, so it's lucky I'm presenting it today and can grab another one, actual face area, literally, in essence, awww, that was Elsie on the phone, blessssssss, as you can see, I'm wearing the small, literally, dress it up, dress it down, with a little white tee, a trouser, and a birkinstock, ah, this is in size, er, um, is that a , whoops, oh, that's broken again, er, um, well, jump to the phones, you're loving this, and you have 30 days to try it, just £78 for an actual, travel size, literally, Geri Halliwell's favourite colour, and when I chatty-watty to my friendsy-wendsy, I need you on Q-Cut, this season's story, on-trend, A-list celebrities, like the woman who used to play the triangle in that chocolate advert 30 yurs ago, in the meejum, so pewer, er, ah, um, well, er , yes, it's no it isn't, it's um this one, ooops, sorry I've dropped that, er, yeah, yeah, in essence, I'm wearing the small, like Tan-yah, but a different col-ah, literally....

Latest posts

Back