Here we go again !

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Scampdog

Registered Shopper
Just got back today from a two day break in Wales !, to find a card through my door from a delivery firm called "Hermes ", the card said "your package is left in your porch !, strange that as I have not got a porch ! :cheeky:, the card was dated the 17th (the day I went away) I had placed an order for a toothbrush with QVC so I have just phoned and asked if they use the firm !....Yes you jave guessed they do , I explained I do not have a porch, so once again my parcel has gone "walkies"m so now I am waiting a non delivery letter again !

I'm sure we have had this discussion before but we don't seem to be having this problem up here in the north of Scotland.

My nice Postman delivered my Honora amethyst pearls this morning and I only ordered them on Saturday. It seems that some people are still having their parcels delivered by Royal Mail and others by this "Hermes".

I sincerely hope we carry on with our Postman as my QVC (and other) deliveries are pretty punctual in being delivered.

(PS............ Hope you get yours sorted out)

I'm not having a problem either. My last order came by RM within 4 days. I hope you get your delivery problems sorted asap Scampdog.

It's not so much about the company, but the round and the driver.

When White Arrow had the contract, I got to the stage that if it came by courier I didn't bother to order it, because it became a round of 'lost' parcels, even when I had actually been there when they suggested they had delivered it. There were even instructions to QVC that items were not to be left 'on the doorstep' or 'by the back door'....but it still happened. Frustrating to say the least.

They even managed to tell me that they couldn't find the school I had asked it to be delivered to! You know a secondary school that housed 1800 children, and they couldn't find it! I ask you.

Oh yes, and when they tried at my home address (cos by then the school was on holiday) I was told it had been delivered and signed for three days before it actually turned up.

Anyway, when I moved over to the other side of the town, not a problem, every item turned up.

We still get all our items through RM or parcel force (part of RM I think).

Not had many problems over the years with them.

I seem to have all mine delivered by royal mail rather than courier.

Must admit,I will not order anything,the week/10 days leading up to a holiday,as I don't want it to arrive (or not arrive!) whilst I am not here.

Since they've changed from RM to courier I'm loving it. The courier very kindly hides my packages in my blue recycle boxes so no more trekking to the post office, having to pay car parking and collect my stuff. Of course the council are taking back the boxes back later this year and giving us wheely bins but I think my little blue boxes might 'accidently' hide in the garage on that day :3:

Hope your package turns up Scampdog!

I was expecting delays of 10+ when i ordered my Slicer OTO but that arrived by courier in 4 days..not this Hermes place tho. Hope you get your missing item sorted quickly :)

mine come by courier to my mums house, a nice woman in a van comes,never had anything go astray or never waited for more than a few days for anything,guess I am just lucky but we live in Manchester so if they only come from Liverpool they have only got 30 odd miles to travel!
cant believe some of you have so many problems especially as they charge a fortune for poatage its very poor service from QVC

mine come by courier to my mums house, a nice woman in a van comes,never had anything go astray or never waited for more than a few days for anything,guess I am just lucky but we live in Manchester so if they only come from Liverpool they have only got 30 odd miles to travel!
cant believe some of you have so many problems especially as they charge a fortune for poatage its very poor service from QVC

I am just across the Mersey from Liverpool and seem to have lots of problems ! :sad:

I ordered a camcorder from QVC on Sunday and it came on Wednesday. Well, I say came, I was out so a note was left through the door by the very nice Hermes man.

I rang him to try and arrange it for when I got back from work, but he only works until 1pm :(

So, as the boss is off today, I arranged for him to come this morning and I'd go to work a bit later. I spoke to him and he said by 9.30. At 10.10 I was sitting in my car and about to drive off when he arrived.

I've now asked him to leave packages in my recycling box which he's agreed to.

My point it, although I like having a courier delivering the QVC parcels, if it had been Royal Mail, I could have just gone to the PO in my lunch hour.

It's swings and roundabouts really, but my Hermes man is very nice and he delivers all my other online purchases too!

Latest posts

Back