Prices Candles TSV 25th September

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wouldn't mind getting hold of some of their unscented tealights but I bet the p&p will be extortionate as always. x

I wouldn't mind getting hold of some of their unscented tealights but I bet the p&p will be extortionate as always. x

I get them from a cheap shop / Ikea- I only pay good money for the scented ones! You'd get a load for the price of QVC postage!

you can get some very good tea lights, quite cheaply in Lidl's.
They are unscented, so I use them with my yankee candle tarts. They do not smoke very much at all, so very good wax.

I have learnt from past experience not to put too cheap a tealight in glass tart burners. I had a glass one and the base cracked out of it due to this. I have another glass one and have been using Yankee ones in there. I agree about the IKEA ones though as I've used them before but hate going to IKEA. Get claustrophobic in there because once you're in you can't get out without walking through the whole store! x

i am a bit worried about parrafin wax candles as they pose a health risk.
the only natural wax candles i really like are l'occitane ones but they cost a mint but smell sublime.

any sugestions?

There has been reports released that candles using parrafin wax give off toxic fumes. Yes that will include Yankee. With synthetic fragrance added in causes more. So over years you are breathing in all this. You should stick to soy.

The highend candles such as Diptyque use soy wax.

There's a Price's outlet shop at Whitely Village - they have some very pretty things in there, but the few I have tried had hardly any scent at all when I burned them........

Smelt nice in the shop though :thinking2:

I went to the Price shop at Gretna before it closed and also the one at the designer outlet in York. I always seemed to have problems with the wicks and the scent never lasted so eventually I gave up buying them a few years ago. I'd be interested to hear feedback if anyone has tried them recently. I've started my Christmas stockpile as yankeedoodle has had some great offers but will be watching the TSV

Last edited:
I get them from a cheap shop / Ikea- I only pay good money for the scented ones! You'd get a load for the price of QVC postage!

Me too, my local 99p shop sells the Prices Smokers, Chefs and Pet ones. Theyre nearly #4 elsewhere.

l'occitane candles smell devine and have good natural wax.
love yankee candles but have not burned any for a while cos of the fumes.

its difficult as you get used to your candles.

re boffy and donna255: yes, there has been coverage about paraffin wax candles and lung health. Pure beeswax is supposed to be the best (but is expensive and perhaps not as ascetically pleasing as other types); soy is a good option. For most natural scent and cheaper alternative, you could use an essential oil burner (electric or ones using tealights) fill the top dish with water and add 6-8 drops of essential oil(s).

Remember though, the upshot of the recent news coverage of this issue did say that concerns were based on constant usage of paraffin candles, particularly in small rooms like the bathroom. All is not lost if you like your scented paraffin candles: just save them for special occasions or a night in with friends over, don't burn masses of them all at once, and make sure the room is airy. Like so much in life, moderation is the key!

Latest posts

Back