Newbie to C&C

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

ERICS MUM

Registered Shopper
I'm new to C&C as I only have Freeview. I keep seeing the CD-Rom sets but I have no idea how to use them - well, I know where to put them but how do I use the contents ? Are they already coloured, will it cost me a fortune in PC ink, do I need "special" printer paper, can I personalise, change the size etc ?

Hopefully you could shed some light for me.

Thanks

Linda :hi:

P.S. overall, how does the quality of their craft stuff compare with that of QVC ?

I'm new to C&C as I only have Freeview. I keep seeing the CD-Rom sets but I have no idea how to use them - well, I know where to put them but how do I use the contents ? Are they already coloured, will it cost me a fortune in PC ink, do I need "special" printer paper, can I personalise, change the size etc ?

Hopefully you could shed some light for me.

Thanks

Linda :hi:

P.S. overall, how does the quality of their craft stuff compare with that of QVC ?

Linda i`d come over to the sister site of this one at www.crafttelly.com as we are all crafters over there

You can do a lot with cds and there is a huge range out there so something to suit all tastes. What you can do with the images depends on the cd Some can be manipulated to change size and colour or add text with others its more a library of images for you to print out.
InK wise it really depends how much your ink cartridges cost. I have an Epson printer and use compatable ones which are about £1 a cartridge so it is quite cheap to print out.
I often use Tesco finest paper and get really nice printed results though you can buy dearer pearlescent paper for your decoupage etc if thats what you want, As SCW says pop over to crafttelly forum as there are lot of crafters there that wil give you good help and advise

Hi Linda

Please do come and join us as craftTelly.com - of you look up there is a link;
I am thinking about asking Graham for a special CD-ROM section on CT.com.

You don't need a special printer, just some decent paper and most use Adobe - so it's click and print, I have loads of CD's.:flower:

Hi Linda

Please do come and join us as craftTelly.com - of you look up there is a link;
I am thinking about asking Graham for a special CD-ROM section on CT.com.

You don't need a special printer, just some decent paper and most use Adobe - so it's click and print, I have loads of CD's.:flower:

And even with expensive cartridges it works out a lot cheaper than buying ready printed backing papers and card.

Depending on your printer you can print backing sheets directly onto your card to cut out a step, if you like.

Having had disasters with three My Craft Studio CDs (faulty!), I no longer buy them but I particularly like the later Cupcake Crafting and the Joanna Sheen CDs, among others. IMO Cupcake are particularly good for the beginner as they have everything in there but as you get more experience handier you can play with them.

Like others have said, do come and join us on Craft Telly.

Latest posts

Back