Bamix 4-Day Deal

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

icr24350

Registered Shopper
Bamix Swissline Silver - Price: £149.99 :confused:

Yet another rip-off. Look around, you can get it cheaper elsewhere, under other brand names. Plus if you already have a food processor, then the chances are you don't need it. It is good - I bought one from another shopping Channel a few years ago at a fraction of the price and it has lasted, but it is over-priced here. The chances are it would be another dust gatherer in your kitchen - I haven't used it for months now. Plus recommended by a certain celebrity chef - that really puts me off. Now if it had been recommended by Delia :D ?!

it says 4 day deal i thought it was that price before i bought a white one years ago for about 29 pounds

Try Argos small kitchen appliances. they have several makes. Lakeland have one too. All a lot cheaper

Do you mean the same type of product rather than the same with a different badge?

A Bamix is a very professional piece of euipment and worth the outlay if you are going to get worth out of it ie if your a chef.

Alan

Last edited:
I'm tempted too but am also confused.

On IW they have three, two silver Swissline with different numbers and a white one. One of the silver and the white one say 17,000 as the top speed.

Also with the Swissline you get the wet and dry mill, I think you'll find the others only have the dry mill.

No way could I justify spending that sort of money on a stick blender, however good it looks! I know they're saying that the cheaper ones are basically crap, but I honestly think that you can get something pretty decent for around the £40 mark, despite what they tell us. I bought one of those Laura Star all singing all dancing steam irons.....and tbh I can't see that it performs any better than any other iron I've used! They really like bringing us the "high end" stuff don't they?

..and back to the Bamix, how can they call it a special deal, when it's a lot cheaper literally everywhere else you look?

Last edited:
Just to clear up some confusion....

The IW Bamix is the Swissline Silver, which includes a beaker and big stand with attachment storage for £149.99.

The Bamix which is all over the internet at a cheaper price (£99) is the Titan, which is basically the same as the Swissline but has a smaller stand with no attachment storage and no beaker. This Bamix is officially endorsed by Gordon Ramsey and has his signature on the body of the unit. The IW model only has trace of G R on the included cookbook.

They both have a 10 year guarantee.

The £149.99 isn't a bad price for the Swissline Silver, it's either the same or less expensive than other places. The cheapest I can find the less stylish white version for is £134.95.
http://www.juiceland.co.uk/item--Bamix-Swissline-Stick-Blender--BASWISS.html

It all depends on whether you think a storage stand and beaker is worth the extra £50. Personally, I would go for the cheaper Titan.

I am interested to see whether there is anything out there from a different brand that really is as good but for a much lower price, as discussed previously in this thread. Apparently the unique feature of the bamix is that it sucks inwards rather than pushes outwards (as demonstrated in the vortex demo IW constantly do). So I guess it's a start to find another blender that also has that feature. The only problem is that most suppliers either online or in the highstreet just don't go to this level of detail in their descriptions. Apparently the target audience - women - aren't interested in the technicalities :rolleyes:

I will probably end up just spending the £100 on the Titan after getting frustrated with unsuccessful investigations into a cheaper version!

I bought a Braun one years ago, I paid £50 for it and it died just after the 1 year guarantee expired:mad: The motor was only 500watts, I think the old saying you get what you pay for is true here.

Just to clear up some confusion....

The IW Bamix is the Swissline Silver, which includes a beaker and big stand with attachment storage for £149.99.

The Bamix which is all over the internet at a cheaper price (£99) is the Titan, which is basically the same as the Swissline but has a smaller stand with no attachment storage and no beaker. This Bamix is officially endorsed by Gordon Ramsey and has his signature on the body of the unit. The IW model only has trace of G R on the included cookbook.

They both have a 10 year guarantee.

The £149.99 isn't a bad price for the Swissline Silver, it's either the same or less expensive than other places. The cheapest I can find the less stylish white version for is £134.95.

It all depends on whether you think a storage stand and beaker is worth the extra £50. Personally, I would go for the cheaper Titan.

I am interested to see whether there is anything out there from a different brand that really is as good but for a much lower price, as discussed previously in this thread. Apparently the unique feature of the bamix is that it sucks inwards rather than pushes outwards (as demonstrated in the vortex demo IW constantly do). So I guess it's a start to find another blender that also has that feature. The only problem is that most suppliers either online or in the highstreet just don't go to this level of detail in their descriptions. Apparently the target audience - women - aren't interested in the technicalities :rolleyes:

I will probably end up just spending the £100 on the Titan after getting frustrated with unsuccessful investigations into a cheaper version!

I just bought the Titan a couple of weeks ago, and it's a fantastic machine. I think the point people are missing is that this is not just a stick blender but a food processor as well. The demos on IW work just as well with the TITAN despite them trying to convince us of the Swissline's superiority and I'm pretty sure it does the same revs. The skimmed milk smoothie is "no real" as they say!! It really does whip up like the demo: I tried it with my cheapie stick blender and no way! Would highly recommend the Bamix, and reckon the Titan is perfectly good. Let's face it, Gordon Ramsay uses it in a commercial kitchen, so it can't be too bad.

My ex Mother in law bought her Bamix 25 years ago...I now have it, and it is still going strong. She paid £89 for it then!

I don't think there is any comparison to any other stick blender...and the mill is absolutely brilliant...I have reduced granulated sugar down to icing sugar with it!

May I ask Jacaranda, what sort of things do you make beside the demo's on IW? I wish they would do a recipe, something from start to finish.

I've been in email contact with Juiceland and the very helpful man who got back to me regarding all my queries said that IW and Bamix UK were the only places to have the 10 year guarantee, he had phoned the manager and found this out.

Would be nice if they did it on Flexi Pay (which I only ever saw once for a very expensive tanzanite ring). Whatever happened to Flexi Pay?

Swissline at Juiceland

Juiceland now have the Swissline with 10 years warranty as well but price has gone up to £144.95.

I gave them a call as like Ideal World they'd been out of stock before Christmas and I was kinda hoping the price would come down in the New Year.

Apparently due to customer demand - they've now added the Book & DVD which has raised the price. They said before Ideal World started advertising the Swissline they only ever sold the Swissline to caterers and commercial kitchens who didnt need the instructions, recipes etc. According to them, the Bamix Deluxe was by far the most popular version. The guy I spoke to had a Deluxe and he said he preferrred it to the Swissline as he thought the Swissline was too fast.

Also, they said Bamix have increased the prices across the board by 15% so prices will be going up on all Bamix products as and when they re-order stock in.

But they did let me have it at £134.95 without the book & DVD but still has free delivery:1: but they only have it in White:2:

Anyway, I've got it now (next day) and its great - I'm thinking of getting my Mum the Deluxe as she wouldnt use it as much as me and its only £84.95.

So if you want the Swissline a bit cheaper I'd hurry up and give them a call before it goes up again.

I am interested to see whether there is anything out there from a different brand that really is as good but for a much lower price
It was IW them-very-selves that told me, in one of the first ever shows I watched on the channel, that you couldn't beat a THUNDERSTICK @ £30-35??? ... and Saul, whom I've seen flogging all sorts on IW and QVC, did whizz demos including "whipped cream" out of skimmed milk and turned the pot upside down and it didn't fall out.

I got myself one offa eBay and did the whipped skimmed milk - it looks good but tastes like bubbles with nothing in them, which is just what it is :4:

It's gathering dust. I did buy the Butler II from QVC and I use it regularly for grinding nuts and seeds for my muesli, that's all.

clemenzina

Last edited:
This really is a case of what do you want to do with a stick blender, if you are just going to whiz soup in the pan then any of the others already mentioned would do , but if you are after making cream from skimmed milk and coffee mouse then you may be better off with this one. ( both of which taste disgusting to my mind ) but every one to their own.

but if you are after making cream from skimmed milk and coffee mouse then you may be better off with this one. ( both of which taste disgusting to my mind ) but every one to their own.
But as I said above, A&R, the Thunderstick does it very well @ £30-35 - and I agree, it's a waste of space and energy :54:

clemenzina

Latest posts

Back