QVC- has become stale & jaded

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

tuxedokitty

Registered Shopper
DD described watching part of Craft Day as Groundhog Day.

How many times does 'The Brenda Pinnick' kit need to come back?

Where is Nancy from DCWV & her products?

I'm not into craft myself but I can understand how fans probably look forward to seeing new products/ideas instead of the same things being aired all the time. Think the same applies to all departments really so perhaps it's time they took the "new broom sweeps clean" attitude.

My sister and I go to several craft shows in London during the year (Ally Pally and Excel) and the sheer range of crafts on offer is unbelievable. Why do QVC stick with the tried and tested papercraft kits and boring stamps, embellishments etc when they could offer so much more ! Beading, needlepoint, cross stitch, etc as well as great cardstock & stamp designs.

I guess its because they wouldn't have that immediate visual impact that the jewel-coloured papers, adhesive jewels and glitter have, and also would not be so easily demo'd in nano-seconds.

I'm going to have a big f.a.r.t. and save my credit card until end Sept and then mid-Oct for 2 great craft fairs.

I've only bought one kit today and that was the assortment of Prima flowers. Nothing else really took my fancy. One thing puzzled me. There was a Prima kit (paper, flowers and ribbons) which was introduced as New Today. I've already got that kit and when I clicked the item on the website, there was also one review there.

Anyone got access to Companies House records to see if DB is a director of Kanban? If she is then that would answer why we get so much of their stuff...she has to benefit from the exposure somehow.

I'm not into crafting.Just seeing you talking about kanban - and catherine huntley has a lot of stick of the constant kanban on her blog,from people who who can leave comments.

I've got the impression that huge fringe DB is her best mate and she sticks up for kanban quite proudly on her log.

I thought craft day started well enough, but it waned during the day :smirk:..must admit I tend to know where I can buy items cheaper on line, also just picking what I want and like instead of being lumbered with an almighty pile of what will never be used :angel: Agree there are soooo many things never being shown...soo many beautiful papers never see the light of day on qvc, I was such a big K&Co fan in the early days but feel they have gone all ~paisley and dull~ recently, give me Bo Bunny, Basic Grey or Daisy bucket any day. :clapping:

daydreamer

I agree with all of you. There were some new items but mostly it was the same tired old Tat. I rely on QVC for a lot of my materials because, if I shop wisely, it's cheaper than anywhere else as P&P from most craft sites in the U.K., The Bay, and the States, is extortionate - that's if they'll send here, which most of them won't.

I used to be so excited about Craft Days but I feel they rely too heavily on card kits now so, in effect, they are teaching people to assemble cards, rather than being creative. I'm not knocking the people who enjoy assembling, as it's gratifying to produce something that you have put effort into and I'm sure they are great for people who are short of time or not particularly artistic.At one time, there was a lot of technique shown but now, I feel as if the presenters are hurrying along so that they can get to yet another ( probably Kanban) kit.

I'm very disappointed in them.:sad:

My sister and I go to several craft shows in London during the year (Ally Pally and Excel) and the sheer range of crafts on offer is unbelievable. Why do QVC stick with the tried and tested papercraft kits and boring stamps, embellishments etc when they could offer so much more ! Beading, needlepoint, cross stitch, etc as well as great cardstock & stamp designs.

I guess its because they wouldn't have that immediate visual impact that the jewel-coloured papers, adhesive jewels and glitter have, and also would not be so easily demo'd in nano-seconds.

I remember years ago QVC used to have a much more varied craft selection. It probably would have accounted for most of my purchases from QVC. One of the first things I bought from QVC was Donna Dewberry stencil kit and spent the weekend painting a friends kitchen. There was also a kit made by an English company which allowed you to transfer photograghs to fabric. I made several quilts with it. Carol Smith brought Gallery Glass and Debbie Minton brought cross stitch and latch hooking, both of which usually sold out. I'm also quite sure I remember a sewing machine TSV. I too would like to see a more varied selection of crafts.
Come on QVC, papercraft is not the only craft!

Anyone got access to Companies House records to see if DB is a director of Kanban? If she is then that would answer why we get so much of their stuff...she has to benefit from the exposure somehow.

Kanban isn't my thing but it must sell and make money for QVC otherwise it wouldn't be on so often.

I appreciate what a lot of people are saying but I think we have to remember that it's shopping telly. They are trying to sell things and make money and if they can make more money from Kanban kits than from other more varied items then that's what they will sell. I know thay have sold a wider range of items in the past but I can only imagine they cannot make enough money from these things at the moment.

I think a lot of you have probably outgrown QVC as you know of other products and other sources for them. Sometimes QVC come up with something good and reasonably priced (cropadile, corner chomper etc.) but really it's better to shop around.

I don't watch any of the craft myself but have noticed that some of the items that are on offer are quite small !, I think QVC should have a "by weight" postage for these items or a maximum postage, I am pretty sure people would buy more :cheeky::thinking2:

I don't do "craft" myself but how much does anyone want? I think you need an extension to buy all the goodies on offer. How many cards does a person want/need for gods sake:sleepy:

I watched a bit of Craft Day but it was a lot of "same old same old" when it wasn't Kanban. I recorded quite a lot but doubt I will watch it. Was looking forward to some of the afternoon shows and planned to sit and watch these but turned on the tv and found gushing CH, the crafter's friend was on the shows I wanted to see. I stuck her for a while but had to switch off. She rambles on no doubt thinking how riveting she and her views on everything are. Net result bought absolutely nothing just like last week when she was on with DB in the usual slot.

As with most things, it becoming samey is probably a sign that we are watching too much! I found that with the jewellery channels, I realised how much time I was spending watching them and what I was not doing as a result. I listen to the radio more now and cherry pick the shows I'll watch, saves you getting bored with the presenters that way too. :spider:

Latest posts

Back