IW fashion sizes!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
I know I have a jolly good laugh at IW fashion, but some of the stuff's not bad, and pretty reasonable in price. What I've noticed lately though, is that they tend to be concentrating on size 16+. I actually quite like shopping through the telly (that's why I joined this group), but every time I see something I quite like, the smallest size is going to be much too big for me. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad they do go up to very large sizes, but I also wish they'd try and source more ranges that encompass all the sizes say from 6-32. I'm not what one would class as petite, but there's plenty of people in this world that are, but you'll never see IW doing a range for petites, but so many ranges they do are geared towards the larger lady. I just think they'd be doing us a better service if they tried a bit harder to cater for everybody. I know that QVC have more comprehensive size ranges, but tbh, I think they're clothes are well overpriced, and their p&p policy is ridiculous in that to save, you literally have to order more than one item that's identical in every way, wheras IW will cap the cost.
As I said before, despite IW on occassions being a real "frocky horror show" - they do have a few gems!....only not in my size!

I have shopped in Ann Harvey, I think the quality is excellent. But I have noticed the sizings are very generous.

I have shopped in Ann Harvey, I think the quality is excellent. But I have noticed the sizings are very generous.

It's actually the smaller sizes that I'm interested for myself, 'cos I think they over cater for the larger lady. Maybe, it's because there aren't many companys that do the entire range from say size 6 (I'm not that small btw..but) through to say size 32. Many of the high street fashion stores only seem to go up to a size 14, which I think is disgusting, but at least now there are a few stores that do larger sizes, New look, Mark one for example so that's good..but why do they have to be segregated?

All I'm saying really is that a shopping channel which is supposed to provide easy and convenient shopping for everybody, so why can't they try and source some decent ranges for EVERYBODY to choose from?..... you never see men's clothes either

As I said QVC tend to go for a lot of American stretchy stuff, and the sizing's weird anyway....just think IW could do a lot better with their fashion....in more ways that one lol!

The thing that annoys me with the fashion sizes is that on the high street I am a 14/16 but according to the size chart on IW I am anything from a 16 to a size 30. If I was a size 30 so be it but I'm not so why do their sizes say a 42" bust is somtimes a 14/16 and other times a 28/30!

The thing that annoys me with the fashion sizes is that on the high street I am a 14/16 but according to the size chart on IW I am anything from a 16 to a size 30. If I was a size 30 so be it but I'm not so why do their sizes say a 42" bust is somtimes a 14/16 and other times a 28/30!

you're spot on with this post

That seems absolutely ridiculous!!! How can a 42" bust be anywhere near a size 28/30? I know sometimes with their stretchy stuff, which usually comes in S M L XL etc they'll say that the relaxed measurement is say 42" but will stretch up to 52", but if they're selling stuff that is sized and they're saying that the size 28 has a 42" bust.....then they've made a mistake surely?

What I find annoying about the high street, is that some of the shops, like Zara, who do some items in S M L that the large is a size 14! How very dare they!!!!!!

Latest posts

Back