Blue Citrine??

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Now I know I'm feeling tired today and am sitting trying not to drop off to sleep but are my eyes deceiving me here?
http://www.thejewellerychannel.tv/popups/viewdetail.aspx?StockCode=609366

Blue citrine - well I've never hard of that before!! The new website obviously didn't come with a new webmaster did it? :giggle:

Hello Klosblue, no i have never heard of blue citrine either; but i once took a lemon citrine ring into a jewellers, and he go all feather ruffley about it, saying that all these mass produced rings from shopping channels are usually heat treated topaz, given various names to make them sound more appealing! and he said citrine was a topaz - whether it is or not, i dont know - but i do know he said to me that all stones do not come out of the ground so vibrant - some are given a helping hand. whether that is 100 per cent fact or not, i dont know - xxx

Methinks they've made a mistake in the details - AGAIN!

BTW, citrine is NOT topaz - it's quartz. It's amazing what jewellers come out with sometimes!

Hello Klosblue, no i have never heard of blue citrine either; but i once took a lemon citrine ring into a jewellers, and he go all feather ruffley about it, saying that all these mass produced rings from shopping channels are usually heat treated topaz, given various names to make them sound more appealing! and he said citrine was a topaz - whether it is or not, i dont know - but i do know he said to me that all stones do not come out of the ground so vibrant - some are given a helping hand. whether that is 100 per cent fact or not, i dont know - xxx
lol if your citrine WAS a topaz, you got a bargain as topaz is, in general, more valuable than citrine - in the past a lot of 'topaz' turned out to be the cheaper citrine. sounds like your jeweller was talking out of the wrong orifice!

The big question is - if you bought the "blue citrine ring" what would you actually get?? A citrine ring or a blue stone ring? Go on someone buy it and let's see.

Argey -I need to drink gin to be able to listen to some of the rubbish that the 'other two' jewellery channels talk! Dulls the pain.

I need to drink gin to be able to listen to some of the rubbish that the 'other two' jewellery channels talk! Dulls the pain.

My Mum used to clean her jewellery in gin ( I'm too mean!) .... so you could be multi-tasking there, Klos! :wink2:

Purple citrine is actually amethyst!!! I can't see the piccie so can't see if it's blue or purple but I wonder if this is actually amethyst?????

:Hiya: Meeshoo nice to see you back, hope you had a good holiday.

No the pic has disappeared so maybe they read my post! Anyway, it was a blue stone which looked like Tanzanite. Obviously just an error but me being me I couldn't resist posting it :tongue2:

Latest posts

Back