Bl**dy irresponsible!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

henrietta

Registered Shopper
Once again IW is selling oleanders in their garden programme without a safety warning. And it's not because they don't know any better.

In an exchange of emails (yes, I actually got a reply and in day too!) after the last time I saw a presentation on this plant in which I pointed out that all parts of the oleander are highly toxic, that it is an unsuitable plant for gardens frequented by young children and that IW's presenters should make this clear, They responded to the affect that they KNOW that this is true but failed to comment on their responsibility in this matter!

Once again IW is selling oleanders in their garden programme without a safety warning. And it's not because they don't know any better.

In an exchange of emails (yes, I actually got a reply and in day too!) after the last time I saw a presentation on this plant in which I pointed out that all parts of the oleander are highly toxic, that it is an unsuitable plant for gardens frequented by young children and that IW's presenters should make this clear, They responded to the affect that they KNOW that this is true but failed to comment on their responsibility in this matter!

thay did mention it in this mornings programe.

They are very dangerous plants. It occured to me that this is why the French consign their to the central reservations of motorways!

Dare I mention, without being flattened, that there are a very large number of toxic plants, to varying degrees, in every garden in the country ?
It is impotrant to mention when plants have a high toxicity, but even more important to teach children about the dangers of the natural world, to help keep them safe. It is not possible to remove every danger form life... it is possible to learn safety.
In my youth I lived and played in gardens full of Oleanders..... neither I not any of my chums came to any harm.

Dare I mention, without being flattened, that there are a very large number of toxic plants, to varying degrees, in every garden in the country ?
It is impotrant to mention when plants have a high toxicity, but even more important to teach children about the dangers of the natural world, to help keep them safe. It is not possible to remove every danger form life... it is possible to learn safety.
In my youth I lived and played in gardens full of Oleanders..... neither I not any of my chums came to any harm.

Perhaps not physically, Mathilda....but mentally...I'll say no more because I don't like to gossip...

Now Yolanda, you know purrrfectly well that all my little problems are inherited and nothing at all to do with dear Flora!

Last edited:
Now Yolanda, you know purrrfectly well that all my little problems are inherited and nothing at all to do with dear Flora!

So sorry, my dear. I just thought that Ivy and Rose had added to your well documented 'issues'. Now that I realise that your madness, I mean, endearing scattiness, is inherited, it all seems to fall into place....

Most plants are toxic daffodil bulbs are highly toxic also do you grow rhubarb and are you aware that the rhubarb leaves are highly toxic do you grow potatos if so do you know the flowers on the potato plant are highly toxic too. What has gone wrong with this world does nobody teach their children any more that most plants flowers or bulbs are not for eating and point out the ones that are deff safe. I was taught from an early age what was good and what wasn't and I taught my children that now I pass that information onto grandchildren when we work in the garden why is it the TV 's responsibility to inform us also do any websites who sell plants readily inform you.

Latest posts

Back