TUMBLEWEED rolling down the high street of gems tv!!!!!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

persianglitter

Fire up the Quattro!
Where is everybody??? checked TJC and Rocks&Co - no one there either - QVC seems to be the place to be at the moment? That forum has been busy busy busy - has everyone else gone and given up gems too ? xxxxxx

LOL well i have the hump with them at the mo as the pink diamond ring i want sold at £489 and they won't sell it to me for less than £901, they can't email a scheduler to schedule it to go to air and they don't have a copy of a schedule to see if it is upcoming so looks like they would rather loose the sale!
Me thinks i'll just wait for another meltdown and discount code!

I'm fed up too,returned a rubellite ring I bought in their clearance and am waiting and waiting and waiting for my refund. Rubellite was rubbish,really included and I usually get some snippy CS telling me that the refund is up to 30 days and they can't even confirm receipt until they refund. Where oh where did the good times go when they did it in a couple of days.

I did buy a teeny extender chain for about £6.00 in the meltdown, as I had the free postage voucher. It arrived ok with a new customer welcome pack. I had not ordered since Nov 2007, so I think they had given up on me. Having read all the negative experiences on here, I think it will be a very long time before I buy anything else from them.

Where is everybody??? checked TJC and Rocks&Co - no one there either - QVC seems to be the place to be at the moment? That forum has been busy busy busy - has everyone else gone and given up gems too ? xxxxxx

I was wondering the same thing. Wondered where everybody was. I check the forum at least twice a day. Got nothing new to post myself. I kept one ring from my last two orders and haven't ordered anything for a week now. I could say that I'm being good but it's only because I've not seen anything I like to buy :giggle:

I was wondering the same thing. Wondered where everybody was. I check the forum at least twice a day. Got nothing new to post myself. I kept one ring from my last two orders and haven't ordered anything for a week now. I could say that I'm being good but it's only because I've not seen anything I like to buy :giggle:

Hi Greenie, no i am the same, not bought anything, not seen anything - i have watched today, and had a fit of the giggles - one ring that was being sold earlier it was big enough to wear as a sombrero! yesterday they displayed as silver gem encrusted snails shell - it was ok - but gave me the heebiedebegeebies! it would take someones eye out if you punched them wearing it! lol xxxx

I'm just being a good girl and not sounding off just now :angel:
Need to keep the blood pressure down for going into hospital tomorrow :sad:

Sorry to hear that Klos, hope it's nothing too serious and I wish you a speedy recovery!
Now, are you sure that a little rant wouldn't do you good? You know what they say about bottling things up.
OK, I'll do it for you then. I've flicked over to Gems a few times today only to be shown a complete load of dross, so why even bother? Sorry if that was a bit tame, but it's the best I can do at this hour.
Keep well.

Well I am still buying from them, having been lured back to the fold by a combination of sapphires of the rainbow and ultra-clearance!

Got a beautiful pair of trilliant cut ayanna spinel earrings today, plus a large ornate marcasite bangle. Neither especially cheap, but I both gorgeous and unusual (and I did have a 10% discount code that needed using up...)

Well I am still buying from them, having been lured back to the fold by a combination of sapphires of the rainbow and ultra-clearance!

Got a beautiful pair of trilliant cut ayanna spinel earrings today, plus a large ornate marcasite bangle. Neither especially cheap, but I both gorgeous and unusual (and I did have a 10% discount code that needed using up...)
Good for you Miss M,hope they are gorgeous and you love them :)

My last 2 deliveries from the 'mega meltdown ultra clearance when will it end sale of the century' were fab tbh.Only silver items but bargainous and pretty.
My meagre purse does not allow me to indulge much nowadays but the special events lure me back in now and again.

It's a shame that they do not revert back to the policy of selling at more competitive prices again,I am sure many of us would tune and purchase more frequently if they did.Rather that than the tactic now of selling a few bits at higher prices to clear stocks 3 months later because few are buying.......seems a strange way to me!:thinking2:

Heck I'm a pauper and no business woman,what do I know!;)

Good for you Miss M,hope they are gorgeous and you love them :)

My last 2 deliveries from the 'mega meltdown ultra clearance when will it end sale of the century' were fab tbh.Only silver items but bargainous and pretty.
My meagre purse does not allow me to indulge much nowadays but the special events lure me back in now and again.

It's a shame that they do not revert back to the policy of selling at more competitive prices again,I am sure many of us would tune and purchase more frequently if they did.Rather that than the tactic now of selling a few bits at higher prices to clear stocks 3 months later because few are buying.......seems a strange way to me!:thinking2:

Heck I'm a pauper and no business woman,what do I know!;)

Hello Sweetpea, I was up early this morning (6.30am) and waited for something to come on tv to watch, at 7 am decided to tune into gemstv with Nick presenting - and just about 10 minutes ago, he was selling this huge, almost a tea plate in size! pendant which could double up as a brooch, smokey quartz and mother of pearl, well it was not to my taste - it went for £109.00!! ok he says its designer etc, to me it was like a mini bodicea's blooming war shield! lol I dont know whats happening with gems at the minute - there was once a time when i would happily put my hand in my pocket and splash out on a bit of silver jewellery - but at the moment, some of it is looking like it will fit in with the artist Gaudi! and the prices are way over my price budget - ( im still reeling from spending what i think is a humongous amount of money for a ring from another jewellery company - not the usual on sky - it was £81.00!!!!) and that to me living on my old mans wage is extravagant - I am lucky that he doesnt moan about me and jewellery - (he has his hobbies too! lol) i was watching to see what the freebie was they were offering this morning, earrings - again! lol xxxx

Glad to hear you've found some lovely pieces MissM. I know I was being a bit harsh. I also found a few pieces during the super-duper meltdown, lowest crash sale of the century that are keepers. The one I was really pleased with is a little Mexican Jelly Opal pendant for £60 with good (not brillliant) colour play that matches a ring I had from when it was originally aired, I'm really pleased with it.

Hi everyone,
I miss reading your posts when the boards are quiet..good to see you back!! I am guilty of buying from Gems (probably keeping them afloat single-handedly!) but then I always seem to have just bought from the least in favour channel! Talk about finger on the pulse eh?!
Got a lovely pair of topaz studs with diopside jackets, very sparkly and nice fresh colours for daughters christmas present.
Best wishes to Klosblue for today in hospital..hope all goes well x :flower:

Hi Jacqualina - at the moment i am off gems rings, had too many bad experiences with them - either the stones have fallen out, or the stones are not colour matched - i think if i was ever to reconsider buying a ring from them, it would have to be either channel set, or bezel set - but not claw set, which was what my last two rings were. the last three ring mishaps has just put me off for a bit - although i must say, for some reasons i am liking the look of the ceramic watches, some of them are a bit, i say a bit, are well over my price budget - but they do look nice, and i am mulling it over as to whether to get one. Has anyone bought one, if so, let us know your views on it - i wondered if it being ceramic, meant it would break easily, but then i thought of the ceramic used in pylons, and that is quite hardy - (me as per going of at a tanget - its because i have had my 4th coffee - kick started the old, and i mean old grey matter! lol) xxx

Hi everyone,
I miss reading your posts when the boards are quiet..good to see you back!! I am guilty of buying from Gems (probably keeping them afloat single-handedly!) but then I always seem to have just bought from the least in favour channel! Talk about finger on the pulse eh?!
Got a lovely pair of topaz studs with diopside jackets, very sparkly and nice fresh colours for daughters christmas present.
Best wishes to Klosblue for today in hospital..hope all goes well x :flower:

Hi Briolette, your bright and early buying the christmas prezzies! make me feel a sloath! lol. If i go back many, many years ago now (when I lived in Germany) i would have got all the christmas presents in well by now - but as the family get older, my enthusiasm for rooting about in shops, pulling my hair out trying to think of an awe inspiring idea as to what to get - deludes me. I have 2 boys (now 21 and 17!!) and the eldest will not be content with an optimus prime transformer - i think lads, as they get older, are harder to buy for - i like to give them a present, as just giving them money is a real cop outfor me; I have tried the Gems mens rings,and the rings are way tooo big for their fingers! lol i have tried! lol Besides which the eldest son, we also have a space problem, and cannot buy him anything too big and bulky! Whats a mum to do?? lol xxx

Latest posts

Back