Swinky...don't waste your money.....

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

merryone

Registered Shopper
The "Original Swinky" seems to be IW's answer to the Stylee, they look really pretty, and for £9.99 each or £17.99 you may think you're getting yourself a bargain, but believe me, this product is next to useless for an adult with thick, or longer hair! They might be alright for doing up a little bridesmaids hair, but that's about it. The combs are far too tiny for a start, and the metal they're made out of is also far too flimsy. The models they're using them on all have very straight and very fine hair, also they're concentrating on the half up styles, that don't require a lot of hair to be pinned, they did show a full bun, but I noticed a bit of trick photograpy going on in the demo, as the film seemed to break, that was probably when they put a new comb in when the first one broke!!!! These also are widespread on Ebay, and shopping malls are much much cheaper than this.

The best combs I've come across are from South Africa and are called Upitz, the combs are metal, but large and durable, and the beads they use are beautiful, there's a link somewhere on this site for them, which I must try and find, the elastic they use is also ten times more superior than the Swinky.

So if you're looking for something pretty that'll keep your hair tidy all day, seriously, don't bother with one of these. My OH, bless 'im, bought me a couple of these, and though I just about got my hair up in it, without the elastic snapping, it stayed in for the sum total of about 4 minutes, and even then it didn't feel "secure". I would strongly recommend sticking with either Stylee, African Butterfly, or better still Up-Itz, 'Cause I'm sure you'll be very disappointed with Swinky!

Merryone, I've got fine hair and I bought these swinkys elsewhere and they're crap for my hair too, they fall out immediately, I prefer the stylees they stay in my hair for hours.

Merryone, I've got fine hair and I bought these swinkys elsewhere and they're crap for my hair too, they fall out immediately, I prefer the stylees they stay in my hair for hours.

That doesn't surprise me! They're selling them in my local mall at the moment, and I went over to the stall as I hoped they'd be the ones with strong combs as you couldn't tell, the way they'd displayed them, the girl asked me whether I'd like to try one, and I said, "No, you're alright, they're not strong enough for my hair, but thanks anyway" "Oh, yes they are she argued, try one"...I said, thanks but I've tried one of these before and I'm afraid they're useless" Undettered, she said but the combs are metal...so I said "wot, like this, and whipped out my trusty Up-itz comb, which was about twice the size, and three times the strength, she just said "Oh!"

I got one too ('cos it was pretty) from an accessories shop - it fell out of my hair so I took it straight back!

Latest posts

Back