Ceramic Watches?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

M

Meeshoo

Guest Shopper
I've got 2 residing in my basket but having not seen these before can you knowledgeable peeps help me out please?

These are the watches .........
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UUR0852&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9
http://www.gemstv.co.uk/Shop/productDataSheet.jsp?productid=UYO3211&menuselection=3&colourScheme=9

Are they huge - like satellite dishes? My "normal" preferred watch face size is around 2.5cm (1 inch), with the strap being narrower. Does anybody own either of these or have a view please?

The both look like the size you are looking for, I have collected watches for years and this is one of the nicest watches I have ever seen, would be tempted if I didn't have a puppy to buy :)

146537.jpg

I totally agree with you Graham. I love that watch too. It looks bigger on the web which put me off it a bit. Maybe I should just get it for a lookie as well :)

When does your new pup arrive?

I totally agree with you Graham. I love that watch too. It looks bigger on the web which put me off it a bit. Maybe I should just get it for a lookie as well :)

When does your new pup arrive?

5 weeks old at the moment so another 3 weeks, have called him Charlie :)

5 weeks old at the moment so another 3 weeks, have called him Charlie :)

What a lucky puppy getting what will be a fabulous home with you Graham. It's obvious you're like me and love your dogs. I had them instead of babies - much better lol!

Just one wee warning about the name - my Bichon is called Charlie and he's a little so and so! He's too clever for his own good or should I say for my good, and drives me bananas!! Funny thing is that anyone I know with a dog called Charlie has the same problem so watch out, he'll be running the house before you know it ha ha!

Hello Meeshoo spookily in my tumblewood posting, I mentioned that I am quite taken with ceramic watches, and funnily enough the one I like, is the one Graham likes too! Jacqualina informed me she has a ceramic watch, (from Rockstv) maybe she could give you the dimensions of her watch just for an idea, as the ceramic ones i have seen on gems seem to be unisex. Plus the fact i have been surfing the web on the prices of ceramic watches, and surprisingly gems seems to be the most reasonably priced i have come across! One ceramic watch i had seen, no gems, just black £545.00!!! xxxx

What a lucky puppy getting what will be a fabulous home with you Graham. It's obvious you're like me and love your dogs. I had them instead of babies - much better lol!

Just one wee warning about the name - my Bichon is called Charlie and he's a little so and so! He's too clever for his own good or should I say for my good, and drives me bananas!! Funny thing is that anyone I know with a dog called Charlie has the same problem so watch out, he'll be running the house before you know it ha ha!

Hello Klosblue, glad to see you are safe and sound after your visit to the hospital. Hope you are making a speedy recovery - with all best wishes, PG xxxxxxxxx :flower::flower::up2: ps I have a long haired chihuahua (doctors given me tablets for it !! lol) and his name is Pepe! but he is as thick as two short planks!! reckons he is a rotty (suffers extremely badly from short (in his case VERY short) dog syndrome! and is a law unto himself - he hates me - he wont listen to me! and slinks when he knows he has done something wrong - which in his case, he doesnt need an excuse! lol xxxxxxx

Last edited:
Hello Meeshoo spookily in my tumblewood posting, I mentioned that I am quite taken with ceramic watches, and funnily enough the one I like, is the one Graham likes too! Jacqualina informed me she has a ceramic watch, (from Rockstv) maybe she could give you the dimensions of her watch just for an idea, as the ceramic ones i have seen on gems seem to be unisex. Plus the fact i have been surfing the web on the prices of ceramic watches, and surprisingly gems seems to be the most reasonably priced i have come across! One ceramic watch i had seen, no gems, just black £545.00!!! xxxx

I know they're horrendously expensive elsewhere aren't they? On the ceramic watch show yesterday they all looked MAHOOSIVE! Hence my question. I hope Jacqualina sees this then - perhaps she can give some guidance. As you say, the Gems ones are unisex I think.

I know they're horrendously expensive elsewhere aren't they? On the ceramic watch show yesterday they all looked MAHOOSIVE! Hence my question. I hope Jacqualina sees this then - perhaps she can give some guidance. As you say, the Gems ones are unisex I think.

I know she mentions that it is very heavy - i was asking if they were robust, what with them being ceramic (and me being a Klutz) just wondered if they werent too fragile - (i do know electricity pylons have ceramic insulators) so was wondering if the watches would be that type of ceramic too. but they do look rather nice, and i am tempted xxx

They're not that type of ceramic! They're very very hard wearing so no need to worry on the breakage side of things.

The both look like the size you are looking for, I have collected watches for years and this is one of the nicest watches I have ever seen, would be tempted if I didn't have a puppy to buy :)
146537.jpg

Ahhhh I wondered when you would give in Graham, bet you can't wait to get him now :happy:

146537.jpg

OMG i keep seein that one on the web and on air and i want it so much just need to know how adjustable it is cause my wrists are so skinny

I don't mean to put a dampener on things but every time i've seen them on air i have thought how large they look BUT i do personaly like large watches, but as we always say get them home for a look see!

Hi Meeshoo,

I have the second watch you posted in white with the dials on the face - got it for Christmas. It is a really solidly made watch, looks far more expensive that it is and i am really pleased with it... but it is a biggie. THe dial is about 1.5 inches and the strap starts at 16milimeters and then tapers down to about 14 at the back. It is heavier than other watches but you soon get used to wearing it.

If you like chunky watches then is worth getting home for a look but if you prefer daintier watches then i would give it a miss. They did have some daintier looking ones a while back but dont know if they are still in stock.

Let us know what you decide and hope this helps you make up your mind!

xx

More reasons to sparkle!

Oh no..don't tell me there are jewels on watches!! Help..next i'll be buying jewelled undies and sparkly toothbrushes..where will it end? Where are these watches..let me at em..where? where? :talking: :talking:

Hi Meeshoo,

I have the second watch you posted in white with the dials on the face - got it for Christmas. It is a really solidly made watch, looks far more expensive that it is and i am really pleased with it... but it is a biggie. THe dial is about 1.5 inches and the strap starts at 16milimeters and then tapers down to about 14 at the back. It is heavier than other watches but you soon get used to wearing it.

If you like chunky watches then is worth getting home for a look but if you prefer daintier watches then i would give it a miss. They did have some daintier looking ones a while back but dont know if they are still in stock.

Let us know what you decide and hope this helps you make up your mind!

xx

OMG that's HUGE and that's supposed to be the smaller watch of the two! The other must be the size of Jupiter! I really can't wear chunky watches but I'm going to get them for a look anyway. Wish I'd seen the daintier ones. :sad:

Oh no..don't tell me there are jewels on watches!! Help..next i'll be buying jewelled undies and sparkly toothbrushes..where will it end? Where are these watches..let me at em..where? where? :talking: :talking:

Oh yes - and on just about everything else! You're not safe with anything Briolette! :wink2:

There are some ceramic watches in the Shop part of the GemsTV website (and the prices are reasonable) and a couple on the forward web games. On air they were selling for about the same price. Do a quick internet search for ceramic watches and you'll see how much others charge (silly prices)!

Hi Meesh, sorry I come onto the thread rather belatedly. My ceramic watch from Rockstv is mahoosive. The dial measures 4cm (1.5") and the strap is 2cm all the way around. It is extremely heavy to wear, but you do get used to it. I did have to pay an extra tenner to have the strap shortened as it was very long. I wore it some evenings on holiday and was very pleased with it, but I wouldn't wear it just day to day at home. Mind you, if my eyes go on deteriorating the way they are, it might just be the only watch I can read soon! The measurements sound very similar to ksmyth123's watch so maybe this is a usual size. Hope this helps.

Hi

THought I'd add my bit. I have a ceramic watch from rockstv - the other one - white with stainless steel round the face. It is def smaller than Jacqualina's. The face - complete, including the winder to other side is just under 1.25". The width of the strap - all the way round is just over 0.5". I think it's really great - and I don't like huge watches at all. It is quite heavy, but certainly nothing to worry about. It also looks as if all the links can be removed - for those with titchy wrists. Def a good buy IMVHO.

Good luck with finding one you like Meesh

Latest posts

Back