Head Zipped Up the Back!!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
Screaming Stacey with the verbal diarrhoea has just told the daftest story I think I've heard!!

She says that someone in London was phoning up and buying all their Tanzanian Ruby. When they investigated this they found it was Tony sitting in his hotel room in London buying it all back because it was going for fantastic prices which he couldn't get again!!!

Do these people think our heads are zipped up the back or what? Why do they have to come out with garbage like that? Do they really think that everyone will rush off to find their credit card and buy just because they tell some stupid fairy tale?

Well they could say they'll give a free night in a 5 * hotel with Jon Bon Jovi and I still wouldn't buy from them!!

Mind you for Jon boy I could be tempted......................!!

What a daft thing to say do they really think we are stupid enough to believe that Tony who already owns the jewellery (so to speak) would buy it from himself? so in effect pay for it twice! what a load of tosh!

I have just heard from Stacey:

"whilst I understand as I am on the telly I will be criticized, I must stress I am not a liar and this story is 100% true."

Stacey is lovely person and thank her for taking the time to email.

I have just heard from Stacey:

"whilst I understand as I am on the telly I will be criticized, I must stress I am not a liar and this story is 100% true."

Stacey is lovely person and thank her for taking the time to email.

Words fail me. No doubt she has been told that story so is just reiterating it to the viewers but I do not believe it to be true. It is nonsensical and in my opinion unethical if it is true.

Words fail me ...................................................................................................................................................................................!!!!!!

Dear God what a bunch of losers!

Note to Tony : Your Tanzanian Rubies are beryillium diffused and therefore NOT worth the money you flog them for. Surely you know that? Obviously not!!! There's something seriously wrong when a "gem hunter" is buying beryillium diffused material and buying it back from himself!!!

Tell you what Tony, give me your cash and I'll get you some natural, untreated Rubies. That'd be worth spending your money on.

FFS these people never fail to astonish me.

Last edited:
excuse my ignorance cos i don't watch this channel but is she saying that the seller buys his own stuff back ? I can't get my head round that conundrum :confused:

OMG I've just realised what he was doing ................

There's nobody buying
Nobody on the phones
The cactus is blowing through Rocks&Co desert
The presenters are stressing and pretending people are on the phone
The clocks ticking away and it's taking 15 minutes to sell a .75ct Tanzanian Ruby :clock:
Tony is alone is his hotel room watching :angry:
"I know, I'll phone in and buy so it looks like we have buyers" :call:
Now the presenter can truthfully(!) say "there are buyers on the line"

:smirk:

excuse my ignorance cos i don't watch this channel but is she saying that the seller buys his own stuff back ? I can't get my head round that conundrum :confused:

I'm not surprised you're confused Mrs J!!! They're trying to get us to believe that the guy who buys their gems actually then phones in and buys them back! :thinking2:

Klos ......... did you record it by any chance or make a note of the time? I wonder what the ASA would think of this? :mail:

Presumably TD will sell these rubies back to R&C to be sold on again second hand? Madness, they must think we are quite stupid!

Klos ......... did you record it by any chance or make a note of the time? I wonder what the ASA would think of this? :mail:

Unfortunately not Meeshoo but it would have been just before the time I posted - after recovering from the shock and disbelief! I couldn't believe what I was hearing! Poor Stacey obviously believes it to be true and a good selling point (!!) so she must have been told by someone at Rocks.

So sad that they have to stoop to this new all time low to sell their goods. If the public won't buy then maybe the staff will lol! Why don't they just reduce the prices to match the quality of what they're selling instead of trying to brainwash the viewers into thinking they're buying a silk purse when they're actually buying a sow's ear!

What can I say? I have had some lovely stuff from Rocks & Co in the past, but this just doesn't interface with reality. Are they getting (the ghosts of) Glibert and Sullivan to write their presenters' scripts, or what? Or maybe Charles Dodgson (aka Lewis Carroll)?

Note to Klos: You gotta stop watching or you'll do yourself an injury!

I still remember her saying they asked rocks to be a Tanzanite 1 Siteholder 4 years ago, when the company didn't even exist.Just be funny and real like John Scott, Stacey. Nobody really believes Tony is buying back these treated rubies.

In all honesty I think there is rather a lot this company says that the ASA would be interested in !!!

Screaming Stacey with the verbal diarrhoea has just told the daftest story I think I've heard!!

She says that someone in London was phoning up and buying all their Tanzanian Ruby. When they investigated this they found it was Tony sitting in his hotel room in London buying it all back because it was going for fantastic prices which he couldn't get again!!!

Do these people think our heads are zipped up the back or what? Why do they have to come out with garbage like that? Do they really think that everyone will rush off to find their credit card and buy just because they tell some stupid fairy tale?

Well they could say they'll give a free night in a 5 * hotel with Jon Bon Jovi and I still wouldn't buy from them!!

Mind you for Jon boy I could be tempted......................!!

I too was watching when the Tony story was told; it came over a little desperate. And - whether it is true or not - to the viewer it sounded contrived.

However, when presenting live and in the flow of conversation, it is easy to say frivolous things. There is no opportunity to rewind or retake - only regret. It's a learning curve.

With apologies for this ramble......

Its true that in a full flow of shall we say...babbling, it is easy to come out with off-the-cuff silly remarks.
And some can be tolerated. But aren't we supposed to be listening to professional presenters who
should have an in depth knowledge of their products?

So often it really doesn't seem like that!

The presenters are the interface between us and the company and if we lose trust, interest and confidence
in these folks then the company suffers......surely?

I've said on here before that the high pitched squealing and babbling is an assault on the ears (mine anyway)
and I really they wish they would just slow down and concentrate on the jewellery in hand.........and while I'm at it,
show us more profile views.......please!

The phrase...'Less is More'......springs to mind.

OMG I've just realised what he was doing ................

There's nobody buying
Nobody on the phones
The cactus is blowing through Rocks&Co desert
The presenters are stressing and pretending people are on the phone
The clocks ticking away and it's taking 15 minutes to sell a .75ct Tanzanian Ruby :clock:
Tony is alone is his hotel room watching :angry:
"I know, I'll phone in and buy so it looks like we have buyers" :call:
Now the presenter can truthfully(!) say "there are buyers on the line"

:smirk:

Tumbleweed by the thousands are rolling on thro Rocks&Co, and the distant peel of a funerary bell! and the strangled call of a swarm of vultures, circling and wait to pick over the bones! Lol - did Stacey seriously believe her reiteration of a statement would be taken seriously by the viewers? someone at Rocks&co needs to take some Diaoralyte for verbal diarrhea!! lol:wink2:

If Tony is truly phoning up and buying on his own company's auctions, I am disgusted.

This is exactly what used to happen with the likes on auction-world.i-buy etc..

On ebay, it is called schill bidding (bidding your own items up)
and you get banned for doing that!

Inge

Latest posts

Back