Lorique delivery advice needed please.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

gemcherub

Registered Shopper
This morning i received my first ever rocks tv order and i would like some advice please, when i saw advertised on here the new Paraiba's set in platinum i thought that will do just nicely for my b'day next month:giggle: so i ordered two so i could choose one and there was my mistake they are both so different and beautiful i love them both, but can't possable aford to keep both! to be honest i am stunned as i have no experience of rocks quality i thought for the money i had paid for them they would both be going back, how wrong i was as soon as i opened the boxes i fell in love with them they are so well made and heavy (around 6 grams of platinum)i wish i could keep both they are divine anyway i can't :sad:
The first one is a cushion cut paraiba 3.94cts 0.16cts diamonds
It is a lovely light turquoise neonish (looks neon in some lights) colour it has visable inclusions but these in no way detract from the colour and brilliance a real sparkler.
The second one is an oval cut paraiba 3.29cts 0.35cts diamonds
This one is a blue silvery colour you would never guess it was a paraiba, but funnily enough i love it for that reason, the brilliance is amazing it sparkles like there is no tomorrow its so well faceted (well in my opinion lol) and it has crystal clear clarity.
I will be :heartbroke: to send either back:sad: its my own fault for ordering 2!
O'h help all help and advice really appreciated

Attachments

• paraiba 2 002.jpg
    paraiba 2 002.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 317
  • paraiba 003.jpg
    paraiba 003.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 316
  • paraiba 2 011.jpg
    paraiba 2 011.jpg
    20.5 KB · Views: 306
  • paraiba 022.jpg
    paraiba 022.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 314
  • paraiba 023.jpg
    paraiba 023.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 301
Last edited:
I prefer the style of the oval one but the colour of the cushion cut one. Not much help, am I? :thinking2:

Both beautiful but for me it would be the cushion cut.

Good luck deciding!!!

Blimey tough choice GC, you picked a couple of good uns there!

Just a personal preference, but the cushion cut is shouting louder than the oval, I prefer the cut and the colour of it.

Good luck on choosing :confused2:

Both lovely but its cushion cut for me too. I am glad its not me choosing which one to keep :) Good luck x

Cushion cut one for me all the way! :clapping:

I have a feeling the vote will be split on here and you'll be no further forward so good luck in deciding.

Just a thought......

Just a couple of questions first Cherub......is there much difference in price which could be a factor in your decision? Secondly how do the diamonds compare and are they good quality, I mean SI's?

Oh and thirdly, are they both down sizeable for you, likely to be rather expensive in Platinum?

Judging from your pics I'm seeing much more neon turquoise coming from the cushion cut and the inclusions are probably helping with the colour intensity here. So for that reason alone that'd be the one I'd choose....if that's any help to you. But what about keeping the other one back for a Xmas pressy...and then you won't need to make a decision and your hubby will be well ahead of the game??
:smirk:

Half and half then :giggle: its driving me nuts they are both so stunning 100 times better than my pants photos :54: good job i have a 30 day money back guarantee :up2: thanks for all your comments x

I think for me it would be the cushion cut! Not sure why but the diamonds seem to take something away from the oval? Good Luck with making a decision.

Just a couple of questions first Cherub......is there much difference in price which could be a factor in your decision? Secondly how do the diamonds compare and are they good quality, I mean SI's?

Oh and thirdly, are they both down sizeable for you, likely to be rather expensive in Platinum?

Judging from your pics I'm seeing much more neon turquoise coming from the cushion cut and the inclusions are probably helping with the colour intensity here. So for that reason alone that'd be the one I'd choose....if that's any help to you. But what about keeping the other one back for a Xmas pressy...and then you won't need to make a decision and your hubby will be well ahead of the game??
:smirk:

There is £70 difference in price so that doesn't really help, the diamonds are amazing as its Lorique Barry said they were VS/F but Steve said SI/GH so not sure, yes they will both size down the sizing form just says £10per ring? but i'm sure i have heard Steve and other presenters say the sizing for Lorique is on us/free?
I love your thinking about Christmas but we don't have the spare cash at the mo so sadly not an option! did i see you grab a Tanzy yesterday?

Yes gemcherub, both Barry and Steve said several times that Rocks would pay for the resizing.

Wow Cherub! Resizing for free or next to nothing, I got quoted £35 -£40 at my local jeweller to re-size an 18k ring...and only by two sizes. I decided not to bother!

Well, I'm sure you already have some PT, so which is the most different from the other(s)? Which ring has the VS /F diamonds may I ask?

Yep I did snatch a lovely Tanzy y'day, but its all gone pearshaped and I couldn't check it out, something to do with stock levels though two more were sold later in the day! I'm getting reconciled to it now tho'...

Do we keep crossing posts Cherub? :mysmilie_691.gif:

Last edited:
Talking about sizing i once heard Judy Mayfield say that care needs to be taken when sizing Paraiba and needs to be done with a laser as its cold as Paraiba doesn't react well to the heat in normal sizing methods due to the copper and manganese content, anyone know if this is the case?

Wow Cherub! Resizing for free or next to nothing, I got quoted £35 -£40 at my local jeweller to re-size an 18k ring...and only by two sizes. I decided not to bother!

Well, I'm sure you already have some PT, so which is the most different from the other(s)? Which ring has the VS /F diamonds may I ask?

Yep I did snatch a lovely Tanzy y'day, but its all gone pearshaped and I couldn't check it out, something to do with stock levels though two more were sold later in the day! I'm getting reconciled to it now tho'...

I don't know about the diamonds they weren't on the web details and they are not on my card i'm not sure rocks know themselves as Barry just said VS/F as its the Lorique collection, but when Steve was presenting the other one he said SI G/H so who knows when/if lol i ever make a decision i will ask them!
So sorry about your Tanzy i'm sure you'll find another one soon x

Just that we've been posting at virtually the same time! mysmilie_1436

Just give yourself a few days to get used to both of the rings and I'm sure a decision will come to you, usually works for me. xx

Latest posts

Back