little yello steam machine

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

sugarplum

Registered Shopper
any reviews of this steam cleaner?. Looks quite good but would appreciate any comments from anyone who has already got one. Just to add to my confusion QVC also have a steam cleaner as their TSV today though its a lot dearer

Very interested in this and would also appreciate any info, my Karcher steam cleaner hose is all split and a new hose is the same price as Little Yello. Karcher machine is quite old now so wondering whether to ditch and go for diddy Little Yello.

Hi, SP and Flo

Sorry that no-one's answered you so far. I know that when this first appeared as a blockbuster earlier in the year, several FMs bought it and were very pleased with it. I can't remember who they are and nor, irritatingly, can I look it up in my own posting history without paying for the privilege. However, if you want to look up my posting history, it's the first thread I ever posted on. Yes, I joined ST.com to rave about steam cleaners. :blush:

Last edited:
Think you'd be better spending a few pounds more and buying one of the steamers that can do carpets, tiles, mirrors etc. I have a similar style hand held steamer - I rarely use it.

But the little yello isn't a hand-held, icr, it is a compact that can do all of the things you list.

I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but I have a Polti vaporetto steam cleaner that I paid a fortune for about 4 years ago. It has exactly the same bar pressure as the little Yello!!. I'm really tempted to go for this one myself as it seems to light to transport around the house. My Polti, although very efficient, weighs an absolute ton and is a nightmare to get up and down the stairs.

If you get one, note that there two different offers, one with and one without the bonus offer of 10 extra floor cloths, at the same price

151921 is the one with the freebies, at £39.99

Quite fancy one of these myself. Seem compact enough to store and light to use.

Mam, I thought the same as you regarding the weight, my Karcher is quite heavy. Plus the Little Yello steams up a lot quicker. Checked the pressure on my Karcher and Little Yello is better on mine as well.

icr24350, it's not a handheld, I had one of those (after I bought the Karcher purely for the size and how much faster they steam up) but it was absolute bobbins and broke fairly quickly, will never buy a handheld again.

So, to replace my Karcher hose would cost approx the same as Little Yello, would probably use Little Yello more as it steams up quicker. I appreciate that the wand may not be a sturdy as the Karcher but it's only 40 quid.

I'm a buying it!

So glad this thread was started as I have been dithering for months about steam cleaners. I knew I didn't want a handheld or a mop but was unsure which to go for. I saw this one on IW this morning and thought it looked 'just the job' and at a good price, but was unsure if I was just falling for the sales spiel. Anyway after reading all your comments I have decided to order it!

Thanks for the help.

As a complete afterthought.

If I'm steaming windows, mirrors, tiles, etc., I also add a couple of tablespoons of white vinegar to the water in the tank. Not only does this help cut through any grease or limescale on the item I'm cleaning, it helps to ensure that the tank itself doesn't get scaled up.

I know they always say you should just use tapwater, but I live in quite a hard water area and lost my first Karcher to a scaled up tank when it was accidentally stored for 3 months with water in the tank during a house move. Consequently, I always use previously boiled water and occasionally add a little vinegar, as described, and I've never had a problem.

Little Yello arrived this morning and I've just been having a whizz around with it seeing how it compare's to my old karcher.

Very compact, nice design, great to have an onboard tool store to keep things altogether (used to hunt all over the place for my Karcher brush attachments so hopefully that won't happen now). Cable is quite disappointingly short, need to use it on an extension really. The floor wands aren't as easy to snap together as the Karcher but they are sturdy. The floor cloths clip on better than the Karcher, has a bigger clip on each side which holds the cloth on more secure. Steamed up a lot quicker, but not as quick as IW led me to believe! Pressure - fantastic, more pressure than the Karcher. Handle not as comfortable to hold, especially whilst cleaning the floor. Steam on/off switch a bit feeble and there is not variable steam slide switch, it's full pressure/steam or nothing, which is a bit disappointing. Not tried the window cleaning attachment yet, bit dubious of that as I usually lower the steam on the Karcher for windows and have not got that option. Obviously no iron attachment, but I can still use the Karcher for that if needed.

Overall, very pleased, excellent value for money, for just over the price of a replacement hose for the Karcher I have a whole new machine. Would definately recommend to anyone thinking of buying a steam machine.

I got home to find a card through the door saying parcel was with a neighbour I am guessing it will be the little yello I ordered but flippin neighbour is out so cant get my hands on it

I bought this when it was on offer at the same time as QVC had the TSV. The Littlwe Yeller is ACE - went through my kitchen double quick, the oven gleams and the sink - it's never been so clean. Next project - the bathroom!

Can well recommend it, especially for the cash

Pauline xx

now im a bloke but yes i bought one of these a couple of months ago when it was on offer at 40 quid, and i only bought it for one use, i have 3 dogs and wooden and tile floors downstairs and its fab for cleaning up muddy paw prints, dry in 5 mins and squeeky clean, very portable. good for cleaning taps and toilets esp the brackets, dont rate the window cleaning attachment i find it leaves edge streaks, fantastic for deodourising pet beds, duvets and matresses and cant say ive found a use for the little brushes thats of help. personally i would have preferred a hand held attachment for upholstery and hard to get to areas with the floor attachment rather than the brushes but on the whole a fab piece of kit.

i came across this forum by accident, and was suprised how many people that have had probs with ideal world, whilst i dont order that often ive never had a problem with delivery.

only bought one product that was a complete duffer which was the paint runner everything else ive been very happy with esp the showroom shine which i been using for 3 years now

I don't know if this will be of any use to anyone, but I have a Polti vaporetto steam cleaner that I paid a fortune for about 4 years ago. It has exactly the same bar pressure as the little Yello!!. I'm really tempted to go for this one myself as it seems to light to transport around the house. My Polti, although very efficient, weighs an absolute ton and is a nightmare to get up and down the stairs.

I had a polti vaporetto, it was a couple of years old, but not very much used when it exploded along its side, sending hot water and steam everywhere... my daughter in law was using it at the time and luckily had moved away from the unit when it happened .... she could have been very badly burnt, I complained to the company, and they couldnt give a monkeys, all they said was send it back to us at your own expense , and we will have a look, no apology or anything, needless to say I still have it... why would I send the only evidence I have back to them, it was very expensive and turned out to be lethal, it seems you don't get what you pay for so you might as well go for the little yellow one in my opinion.I will never buy a polti again!

Latest posts

Back