Product trial

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

petpixie

Registered Shopper
I've just recieved a call from IW asking me to trial discount card for them. It gives you up to 5% off supermarket, high street and restaurant purchases and would cost me £1.60 for p&p. I initially thought it sounded ok and was quite tempted, but when I pressed for more info and asked if there was a further cost, I was told that after the month was up it would cost me £89 p.a unless I rang and cancelled. Thanks but no thanks!

Thats awful ,that you had to ask before they disclosed the cost after a month

Thats awful ,that you had to ask before they disclosed the cost after a month

That's what angered me brenny. I wouldn't have minded if she had told me the truth at the beginning. I knew there had to be a catch though and that's why I made sure I asked. If I hadn't I might not have known to phone and cancel after the month and would have been charged £89. Really it's not a trial, it's an over the phone sales pitch!

So I wonder how many people will be stung with this then if they are not declaring the full terms. Thank goodness you pushed them further as it sounds a real bargain until you know the full details.

I've just recieved a call from IW asking me to trial discount card for them. It gives you up to 5% off supermarket, high street and restaurant purchases and would cost me £1.60 for p&p. I initially thought it sounded ok and was quite tempted, but when I pressed for more info and asked if there was a further cost, I was told that after the month was up it would cost me £89 p.a unless I rang and cancelled. Thanks but no thanks!

Thanks for letting all know-it is ages since I bought anything from them, but this makes it even less likely.

I bet its just like a cashback site Quidco, Rpoints which are free to join anyway

Yes, I was thinking "travel steps" all over again....5%...whoopee do! Ok, I don't know what items you'll be getting the discounts from, but if it's supermarket stuff, that's pennies! Then you've got to pay £89 to stay in the scheme....they're 'aving a larf! I could buy my self a lot of nice things for £89, instead of lining some shister's pockets. You can smell a rat already as they're already hiding hidden costs, no doubt in the hope that a few hapless punters won't realise that money's being taken out of their accounts...disgusting!!!!

This stinks!

Surely they should be saying upfront the actual cost......without having to be pressed into giving that info, is this actually legal?

My o/h fell for the Travel Steps ruse though that wasn't through IW

Latest posts

Back