Mmmmm

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Klosblue

Costs nothing to be nice!
I saw Jerrilee selling a Pink Tourmaline bracelet today - Item 852678. She said "Tourmaline is normally heavily included but you've got collector's quality here".

Now, to me this is a perfect example of leading the not so knowledgeable/inexperienced viewers astray.
Their Enhancements page states Pink Tourmaline is:-
"Heated and/or irradiated and/or filling of colourless oil, resin or wax in fissures and/or cavities/fractures filled with colourless hardened substances".

My question is this - Can this be called "collector's quality" with all these enhancements? Why would a collector want to collect freely available enhanced gems - unless they're Tony Diniz of course! Wouldn't this statement lead you to believe (if you didn't know better) that this stone was naturally inclusion free?

Am I being unreasonable here?

I saw Jerrilee selling a Pink Tourmaline bracelet today - Item 852678. She said "Tourmaline is normally heavily included but you've got collector's quality here".

Now, to me this is a perfect example of leading the not so knowledgeable/inexperienced viewers astray.
Their Enhancements page states Pink Tourmaline is:-
"Heated and/or irradiated and/or filling of colourless oil, resin or wax in fissures and/or cavities/fractures filled with colourless hardened substances".

My question is this - Can this be called "collector's quality" with all these enhancements? NO Why would a collector want to collect freely available enhanced gems - unless they're Tony Diniz of course! Wouldn't this statement lead you to believe (if you didn't know better) that this stone was naturally inclusion free?

NO

Pink tourmaline is a nice gemstone but not exactly rare!!! Clean pink tourmaline, cut by expert lapidarists is easy to come by. So yes, it's misleading. Tourmaline that's heated is around but if they believe a collector would buy one that's been filled with any substance they need their heads examining.

My question is this - Can this be called "collector's quality" with all these enhancements? Why would a collector want to collect freely available enhanced gems - unless they're Tony Diniz of course! Wouldn't this statement lead you to believe (if you didn't know better) that this stone was naturally inclusion free?

Definitely not!

Pink tourmaline is a nice gemstone but not exactly rare!!! Clean pink tourmaline, cut by expert lapidarists is easy to come by. So yes, it's misleading. Tourmaline that's heated is around but if they believe a collector would buy one that's been filled with any substance they need their heads examining.
I quite agree!

Just more proof that she talks complete and utter rollocks!

Quite so!

Pink Tourmaline is a nice gemstone, and generally seems to be of decent quality on all the jewellery channels,
is she trying to imply that the others sell poor quality included stuff? :smirk:

Latest posts

Back