Hello all, thought it was time I joined up here!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

NikkiS

Tanzanite Flasher!
Hey there gemsters

It's "bubblyminnie" here but thought I'd have my actual name on this forum! What a great idea it is! (the forum, not my name)

Nothing to say really, just hello, and to anyone who was wondering what on earth I was freaking about last night, I appear to have bought a very expensive alexandrite without expecting to - I didn't think in a billion years it would go down to the pre-bid I put in! Having partaken of a couple of glasses of wine whilst dieting, I went into a bit of a tailspin and was utterly unable to make myself clear cos I was a bit puddled.

Anyway, sorry if I worried anyone! Looking forward to toiling through the many posts here.....

Nikki x

Hi Nikki / bubbly and welcome,

The regulars will be along to welcome you soon no doubt (I'm more of a lurker here and on rocks chat lol). Just wanted to say I felt for you last night - think I got what happened, low pre-bid so you could see the item and then Barry dropping it to that price ?. I'm sure it will all work out, maybe have a chat with Katherine Strass - she is incredibly helpfull.

Take care
Feegee (on rocks)

Hello Bubbly,

Welcome, great forum.
I'm JanTheNan on Rocks (used to be the same here but where the site went pop and we all had to re-register I decided to make it uber simple and be moi.

:wave2: Hi Nikki/bubbly and
welcome.gif
to ST.

I'm fluff on Rocks and fluff on here.

Nothing wrong with being a bit puddled on a Friday night :grin: except when you end up with an expensive piece of jewellery in your basket ... hope you managed to have it removed if you didn't want it.

I'm not terribly keen on the pre-bidding system. I always want to see something on screen before making the decision whether to buy or not. The problem is putting in a low bid runs the risk of the item not being auctioned and putting in a high(ish) one to guarantee it is auctioned and it can be in your basket before you can blink. I ended up with a PT ring that way but was happy with the price and kept it.

I don't know a way round it but wish there was a "just want to look" button as well as the "request auction" one.

Anyway, how's your head today? :giggle:

Hi Nikki, welcome to the forum, its a great place with some lovely, lovely people. I've learnt loads from the knowledgeable ones and had real LOL moments with the dafter (but in a fabulous way) ones! :giggle:

Did catch your 'ooops I bought an Alex' moment last night - I figured you were totally shocked, who would have thought Barry would have dropped to that price? Still I'm sure the rockstv guy's will sort it all out for you and you can always return it if you get it home for a look (although, not always that easy huh?). It is a gorgeous ring, think there were loads of us lusting after it :clapping:

Oh and I'm floss on rocks (somebody had already nabbed flossie).

Last edited:
Hi Nikki/Bubbly I missed what happened last night (typical)never on when theres oops moments but I'm sure it can be sorted out o.k I'm Milly on rocks and here
Welcome to the forum and i hope you enjoy it.

Hi Nikki. Adrienna will be contacting you about this today to sort this out for you. Don't worry - we all occasionally make mistakes :)

Hi Nikki welcome to ST :wave:

I am on Rocks and funnily enough am Sazza there too!!!

Hi Nikki. A big welcome from me too. I'm moops on Rocks. (Trust me to miss all the action! :wink2: )

Hiya Bubblyminnie - welcome - I tend to lurk on rockstv more than join in - cos I'm always at work lol. I add a bit here, now and then, if I feel strongly about something.

Enjoy yourself. I'm Dingbat by the way

Thank you all for the welcome! I think this is a great idea for a forum.

I'm going to check the ring out towards the weekend - I think my flexible friend can just about stand it! Then I'm going to get it valued before I make any decisions..... my husband is going APE and saying no way can I have it (it's MY credit card!!) but I think a few good valuations / info about what I;d get if I had to sell it at some point (ie, bankrupcy due to Rocks addiction!) might swing it for me....

I DID go into a total panic when it dropped to my prebid - it went down nearly £900 from the CR price.

might be able to show my face again there now I've said hi to you all and explained!

N xxx

Hi NikkiS and a big welcome to the forum, i'm Marie76 on rocks the one trying to calm you down last night lol i was quite worried about you as you spoke to live help then were even more upset and then disappeared, i know how you feel the first time i spent a high amount ao a ring i was worried shocked and even felt sick lol but it will all be ok especially with a 30 day mbg x

Hiya.....

Hi Nikki / Bubblyminnie and welcome to the forum.

I'm Sacha on both of them and saw you 'chatting' last weekend when all those lovely PT's and Tanzy's were up for auction. Hope it all works out with your unexpected Alex purchase.

Btw Cherub, I had no idea you were Marie76 on rocks, so I will say a big Hello if I see you in the chatroom.

Hi Nikki / Bubblyminnie and welcome to the forum.

I'm Sacha on both of them and saw you 'chatting' last weekend when all those lovely PT's and Tanzy's were up for auction. Hope it all works out with your unexpected Alex purchase.

Btw Cherub, I had no idea you were Marie76 on rocks, so I will say a big Hello if I see you in the chatroom.

LOL yes thats me not sure why i did that realy i'm just daft :giggle:

Hi Nikki/Bubbly, I'm Nannylea wherever I am Lol. Hope the ring turns out to be a good buy and you love it. xx

Welcome to the forum

Hiyaaaa Bubbly/Nikki..:wave2:

"A BIG WARM WELCOME" to the forum from me too.... and about :clock: you joined us here... it's great fun!

Lots of love,
Mirabelle on here Mirabelle over there... theres only one Mirabelle!!! :giggle:

Hi Bubbly/Nikki - a big welcome from me too! I tend to "lurk" more nowadays - I find that if I log in my finger is somehow magically drawn to the "Buy" button :) Congratulations on your recent purchase - I hope that you'll post a picture for us to see and drool over.

xxx

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back